Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:20:25 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 742503 times)
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »

He will be missed. RIP

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2011, 05:33:54 PM »

Bluesad Very sad news indeed. "Macho Man" was undoubtably my favourite wrestler during my teen years. I was thrilled when he became WWF World Champion in 1988. "Oooooh Yeaaahhhhhhhhhh! Macho Madness! Digggg Ittttttt!" It was a fun time to be a fan. "Macho Man" frequently stole the show in his matches in the 80s against the likes of Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Hulk Hogan, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, Tito Santana and in the 90s he had quite a series of matches with Ric Flair too as well as a memorable feud with the nWo before he joined them and feuded with DDP. Great performer. Always entertaining.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2011, 05:19:21 AM »

I'm having a hard time sleeping....it's not everyday that a childhood hero dies.  Bluesad

The first thing I remember involving Macho Man was when Jake Roberts had the snake gnawwing on his arm.

Small | Large

I remember him being an announcer for most of his WWF tenure when I started watching, guess that really shows my age.

The first real work of his I saw on a consistant basis was on WCW Saturday Night.

I really liked his hats as a kid.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2011, 10:48:42 AM »

Small | Large
66Crush
« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »

I was both shocked and sad over Randy "Macho Man" Savage's death. He was on my short list of favorite wrestlers. His match with Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3 is one the best to this day. R.I.P. Macho Man.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2011, 05:27:32 PM »

I was looking for something on YouTube and I stumbled upon this. I got a damn good laugh out of this.

DANGER ZONE!

Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »

I do have to say, Savage was a favorite of mine growing up as a kid and into my teens.  I was hoping at some point he would've made some amends with the WWE and Vince McMahon, figuring he'd have been a slight asset, in terms of doing some sort of Legends deal (road agent, special referee at events, autograph signings, Hall of Fame.)

Some rumblings were going around the past few days that've said, essentially, Vince should induct Savage next year, as he has now passed away.

Which raises the question: What was the bad relationship Vince and Savage had? Many stories have come out as potential truths:
A.) Macho leaving abruptly in '94 to go to WCW
B.) Macho allegedly having an altercation at a bar with Vince, culminating in Macho punching McMahon
C.) Macho apparently sleeping with a then 18 year old Stephanie McMahon

The problem being: around '93/'94, Vince had begun primarily utilizing Savage as an announcer of sorts, with limited in ring activity.  The steroid trial had begun, and Savage didn't want to be an announcer at that point, feeling he had a few decent years left as a competitor.  Having seen some friends take decent money in WCW, Savage apparently did give notice to Vince, however Vince felt that it was a slap in the face to take it, as he offered him decent money and a reduced schedule.  But, this doesn't strike me as something to not make amends over, as other guys who'd gone to WCW (Hogan, Nash, Hall, Hart, DiBiase, X-Pac, Bossman) have all come back to the WWE over the years in various capacity.

However, I could see Savage punching Vince, potentially over leaving, if Vince started berating him for the decision. 

The most persistent one is the Savage/Stephanie rumor.  To my knowledge, any alleged affair/sexual relationship between the two happened after Stephanie had turned 18 at some point in 1994.  If it had happened before the 18th birthday, I'd assume Savage had've been arrested for it.  I think the reason it's the most persistent is due to the unwillingness of the McMahon family to comment on it publicly, and for the most part, privately as well. 

Hmmm? Question

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
venomx
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »

"Macho apparently sleeping with a then 18 year old Stephanie McMahon"

Damn! I did NOT know that, even MORE props to the one and only "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2011, 08:22:14 PM »

"Macho apparently sleeping with a then 18 year old Stephanie McMahon"

Damn! I did NOT know that, even MORE props to the one and only "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

Allegedly.

Nobody's talking about it.  So I assume it's true.

venomx
« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »

Oh ok, cool.

Small | Large

World War 3. 1995 Interview. "A million percent!" Smile
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #205 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »

The Ultimate Warrior payed tribute to Randy Savage.

You'll want to put your pop-up blocker on.

http://www.pwmania.com/artman/videos-ultimate-warrior-pays-tribute-to-randy-savage

Savage also got a graphic tribute last night before the PPV and I'm really hoping he gets a nice video package tonight.

venomx
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »

I'm gona watch that right NOW! Thanks. Warrior is my favorite. Thumbup
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »

The showed the video tribute below last night.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WWEFanNation#p/u/1/ibG6MyMcmlA
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:32:58 AM by bob » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »

So, George "The Animal" Steele did an interview and said the bad blood between Savage and McMahon stems from Savage having a great in ring career with the WWF, helping launch WrestleMania, and McMahon was trying to reward Savage by really grooming him to be an executive and such.  He took Savage under his wing, had him sit in at creative meetings, do announcing, help in production (sorta what HHH does now), and considered Savage a really close friend who got to travel on the WWE Corporate Jet, limos with McMahon, first class hotel rooms, and Savage up and signed a WCW contract without any notice or trying to renegotiate to stay.

Anyone who brings him up at meetings gets yelled at and berated with Vince screaming to never bring him up.  One time, a writer mentioned an angle for Savage, and Vince just stared blankly into space, then looked and said "I never wanna do business with that man again" and dropped it.

Word going around is that basically Vince wanted nothing to do with Savage but knew if he didn't give any kinda video tribute to him, it'd look bad.  Who knows if he'll end up in the WWE Hall of Fame next year or not.  Likely, as he's dead and Vince won't have to talk to him.

venomx
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »

Small | Large

Something you just DONT ever do at an oldschool ECW show. That guy was lucky Taz didnt beat him.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.