Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:15:19 PM
714220 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Old Time Radio MP3s on CD? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old Time Radio MP3s on CD?  (Read 7571 times)
Menard
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:43:36 PM »

I know that this has been brought to my attention before, but it was several years ago.

I am looking to buy some old time radio collections (in MP3) on CD. I have otrcat http://www.otrcat.com/index.html as a source (they are around $5 a cd). I was wondering if anybody else had some sources for cheap CD collections of OTR MP3s.
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »

OTRCat is great. OTRNow is a bit better, I think.

Their collections tend to be a bit more complete, and they often combine shows with a small number of episodes on one disc. For example to get The Creaking Door and Dark Fantasy from OTRCat you have to get two discs but OTRNow combines them on one.

http://www.otrnow.com/store/collection.htm

There are several other sites I've bought stuff from; I'll look around for those later.

I love these old shows and often listen to them on my daily commute. Somewhere I've got links where you can get some of the harder to find stuff like The CBS Radio Mystery Theatre from the 70's and the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy BBC series. If you're interested I look around and try to find them.

For the record: the Quiet Please episode "The Thing on the Fourble Floor" is probably the most unnerving thing I've ever encountered. Here's an MP3 of it, but I'm not sure if this link will work...  http://www.quietplease.org/mp3/60.mp3

EDIT: 'Tim's Old Time Radio' is another site where I've bought lots of stuff.
http://timsoldtimeradio.com/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 12:54:43 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Menard
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »

I liked the CBS Radio Mystery Theatre; I used to listen to that in the 70s. It is a difficult one to find.

I like the idea of combining shows as buying a disc of a short lived show does not offer much if it only lasted for a few episodes.

The link for the Quiet Please MP3 is working fine. TeddyR
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:55:22 PM »

I liked the CBS Radio Mystery Theatre; I used to listen to that in the 70s. It is a difficult one to find.

After looking around a bit I relaized I got my collection of this show from Tim's site.
http://timsoldtimeradio.com/all%20horrors.html

I used to listen to these on Sunday nights. It was great hearing E.G. Marshall again! Most of the recordings in the collection are 'fan' recordings and include news reports and commercials, so you get to relive the whole Watergate saga and hear old TAB ads. 

I just got the Sci-Fi collection which has some terrific stuff, including the complete Hitchhiker's Guide.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »

The BBC Hitch-Hiker's Guide is amazingly good.  I like the writing in the third series the best I think, but I think the voice talent was more on their ball in the first two.  Either way, I have turned a couple of other people onto the series and they have all loved it.  One now has the entire thing loaded onto his iPod so he can listen to it while on the subway.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »

Rather than start a new thread, I thought this question would be appropriate in this thread.

I am presently looking for any otr episodes which feature an old dark house or haunted house type story.

I was wonder if anyone had any specific recommendations?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Old Time Radio MP3s on CD? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.