Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:27:36 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Top Wrestling Heels... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Top Wrestling Heels...  (Read 30713 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 03:10:55 PM »

Jericho I honestly feel is the best current heel in wrestling today. Randy Orton is a close second but is much blander by comparison although I like the snake-like characteristics he's taken on lately.

One of the best old-school heels was Larry Zbyszko. He was a major heat getter for constantly delaying a match, getting in and out of the ring and constantly avoiding his opponent but he was truly at the heights of heatdom after turning on "mentor" Bruno Sammartino and waffling him with a chair.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 11:50:27 PM »

Triple H- Particularly the late 90's, after he left DX and joined the Corporation. 

Small | Large

Chris Jericho- He always was pretty funny, face or heel.  I remember some of his great name twists like Stinko Malenko, Tajunior (rip on Tajiri), Kirk Angel (vs. Kurt Angle), or phonetically pronouncing Benoit's last name. 

New Age Outlaws

Mankind- When he first got to the WWE and feuded with Jake "the Snake" Roberts and Undertaker.

Goldust- During his initial Intercontinental Championship run, back when he feuded with the likes of Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, and Ahmed Johnson. 

Yokozuna

British Bulldog

Owen Hart

Ric Flair

Jerry Lawler
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »

Switching gears a little...just a tad.

My favorite "heel" female WWE wrestler was Ivory

She was never one of their more popular female wrestlers, which was a shame.  I thought she had more personality and skill than most of the ones they had at the time.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 11:49:58 PM »

She was never one of their more popular female wrestlers, which was a shame.  I thought she had more personality and skill than most of the ones they had at the time.

She was a great wrestler, which was the problem.  At the time, the WWE was doing their "Attitude" campaing, marketing pretty much soley to the horny, 18-35 year old male demographic.  Which meant, unfortunately, that women's wrestling was on the backburner, and you had to be a 5'3" blone "Diva" with big boobs, ready to jump into a catfight as opposed to, you know, wrestling.

If she were around in the WWF now, where they are kinda pushing wrestling...she might be utilized more.

Mankind- When he first got to the WWE and feuded with Jake "the Snake" Roberts and Undertaker.

Oddly I love the goofy, sweatsock on his hand as a puppet, cheap pop plugging Mankind to heel Mankind.  Although, I loved his days in ECW, where everyone else was using chairs.  He came in as this 'hardcore' guy just from Japan, setting himself on fire.  Then he goes to ECW, and decided to be a heel, so he comes out and straight up WRESTLES, going on this anti-hardcore stance.  His promos were very well spoken on the ways of NOT being hardcore, despite being a top star in a HARDCORE promotion. TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 07:18:13 AM »

She was a great wrestler, which was the problem.  At the time, the WWE was doing their "Attitude" campaing, marketing pretty much soley to the horny, 18-35 year old male demographic.  Which meant, unfortunately, that women's wrestling was on the backburner, and you had to be a 5'3" blone "Diva" with big boobs, ready to jump into a catfight as opposed to, you know, wrestling.

If she were around in the WWF now, where they are kinda pushing wrestling...she might be utilized more.

Oddly I love the goofy, sweatsock on his hand as a puppet, cheap pop plugging Mankind to heel Mankind.  Although, I loved his days in ECW, where everyone else was using chairs.  He came in as this 'hardcore' guy just from Japan, setting himself on fire.  Then he goes to ECW, and decided to be a heel, so he comes out and straight up WRESTLES, going on this anti-hardcore stance.  His promos were very well spoken on the ways of NOT being hardcore, despite being a top star in a HARDCORE promotion. TeddyR

I like the goofy Mankind as a face, but I thought his twisted, pig-screeching heel persona was one of my favorite heels. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 11:30:16 AM »

I like the goofy Mankind as a face, but I thought his twisted, pig-screeching heel persona was one of my favorite heels. 

He was good as the twisted pig screeching version, but I preferred the goofier version for some reason.  I liked him from the get-go, and it worked.  But I liked his heel work as Cactus in ECW better.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »

He was good as the twisted pig screeching version, but I preferred the goofier version for some reason.  I liked him from the get-go, and it worked.  But I liked his heel work as Cactus in ECW better.

Well, yeah.  Cactus was good in any form.   TeddyR
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2009, 10:15:27 PM »

Well, yeah.  Cactus was good in any form.   TeddyR

I loved when he first showed up as Cactus in the WWF, during a match with HHH.  It was supposed to be Dude Love, but the Dudester wasn't a violent guy.  Then you see Mankind like, "I'm not going out there."  Then all of a sudden you see Cactus, and he's like, "Cactus Jack...is BACK!"  The crowd reaction was great, and I loved how HHH reacted.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 02:48:45 PM »

Abdullah the Butcher got a mention here before but he deserves more a mention as a top wrestling heel. He was really great as a madman on the loose. He was truly one of the most terrifying bad guys of his era (especially during the 60s and 70s when he could still move fairly quickly). A monster of a man and one of the very best at using foreign object after foreign object (usually a plastic knive or a fork?!! Buggedout) and constantly getting away with it. Outside of the ring, he often terrified fans by wildly swinging and throwing chairs and sometimes chewing on raw chicken and other meats in interviews. His feuds with Brusier Brody, Carlos Colon, the Funks and Dusty Rhodes are the stuff of wrestling legend as is his teaming and feuding with the Original Sheik. While past his prime by the early 90s, he still proved a nasty surprise for fan favorite Sting on numerous occasions. At one point, he and Cactus Jack emerged from boxes as hired henchman to take the Stinger out!

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »

Abdullah the Butcher got a mention here before but he deserves more a mention as a top wrestling heel. He was really great as a madman on the loose. He was truly one of the most terrifying bad guys of his era (especially during the 60s and 70s when he could still move fairly quickly). A monster of a man and one of the very best at using foreign object after foreign object (usually a plastic knive or a fork?!! Buggedout) and constantly getting away with it. Outside of the ring, he often terrified fans by wildly swinging and throwing chairs and sometimes chewing on raw chicken and other meats in interviews. His feuds with Brusier Brody, Carlos Colon, the Funks and Dusty Rhodes are the stuff of wrestling legend as is his teaming and feuding with the Original Sheik. While past his prime by the early 90s, he still proved a nasty surprise for fan favorite Sting on numerous occasions. At one point, he and Cactus Jack emerged from boxes as hired henchman to take the Stinger out!

Apparently he owns two restaurants, called Abdullah the Butcher's House of Ribs and Chinese Food.  Cause apparently, Ribs and Chinese Food serve each other well.

Reportedly, both are successful and he's a very friendly guy.  I'd just hate to be eating and have him try to stab me with a fork or something. Buggedout

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2009, 12:20:11 PM »

Side note on this thread.  I LOVE a great heel turn, especially when it initially happens.  While you hear the sounds of fan's hearts breaking, I often cheer.  Hogan's heel turn was one of the greatest and monumental ever. 
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 08:29:36 PM »

You know who else I really liked, even though a lot of people will disagree with me...

IRS

Everyone hated him, though he was a solid wrestler.  He seemed to win a lot, and I was surprised he never won the IC title.  He seemed like it would fit him. 

Small | Large

Small | Large
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »

She was never one of their more popular female wrestlers, which was a shame.  I thought she had more personality and skill than most of the ones they had at the time.

I  always recall her as Tina Ferrari of GLOW who was very much the "Hulk Hogan" of that pormotion at the time.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
venomx
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 11:20:36 PM »

Small | Large
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Top Wrestling Heels... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.