Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:16 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  "R" band is the best band in the world. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "R" band is the best band in the world.  (Read 7859 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: May 30, 2007, 02:25:25 PM »

So lemmie tell you a little bit about my night. My band, "Jerry Seinfeld is the Devil", had our second show last night with The Toasters. If youre not into ska, you might know them from the theme song of "KABLAM!".

Anyhoo, they were *bleep*ing AWXSOME. As for us, well, i guess we were ok. Iran out of breath half way thru the set and could bearly play my trumpet because i was dancing around so much. The night was full of angry drunk skinheads (one of them grabed me by the hair and said "death to long hairs!!") dancing around, and homeless guys, which when mixed all together, provides for a very memorable night.

Here a few videos of the band. One of them is the "true" story of the band, and the other is show footage.

GO SKA!!!

Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 02:31:19 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:56:19 PM »

KYGOTC, I had no idea my friend.

You're talking my language now.

You guys played with The Toasters?  I wouldn't be more impressed if you said that Jesus showed up at the show and started skankin his ass off.  The Toasters are fantastic!  Man I'll never forget the heydey of Moon Ska Records with The Toasters being at the forefront of that.  Dub 56, Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down, etc.  You name it and I have it lying around somewhere.

I've actually been under the impression that ska is dead for the last couple of years.  I saw Westbound Train, Suburban Legends, Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish back in November on the Fall Of Ska tour.  Westbound Train and Streetlight Manifesto have singlehandedly restored my faith in ska.

Keep rockin KYGOTC.  Post some updates on the band whenever you have some.  I'd also love to hear some of your music if you have any floating around the net.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
KYGOTC

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »

KYGOTC, I had no idea my friend.

You're talking my language now.

You guys played with The Toasters?  I wouldn't be more impressed if you said that Jesus showed up at the show and started skankin his ass off.  The Toasters are fantastic!  Man I'll never forget the heydey of Moon Ska Records with The Toasters being at the forefront of that.  Dub 56, Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down, etc.  You name it and I have it lying around somewhere.

I've actually been under the impression that ska is dead for the last couple of years.  I saw Westbound Train, Suburban Legends, Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish back in November on the Fall Of Ska tour.  Westbound Train and Streetlight Manifesto have singlehandedly restored my faith in ska.

Keep rockin KYGOTC.  Post some updates on the band whenever you have some.  I'd also love to hear some of your music if you have any floating around the net.

I dont have any Toasters albums as on yet, but id sure as hell like to get some. As for ska being dead, well, I think its a little screwed up that the mainstream radio rock nowadays is emo. Why emo? Its....DEPRESSING. Why do people want to listen to sad music? Ska is way more happy and upbeat, yet it gets little to no radio play. But i dont think its dead thanks to a few newer ska bands like the Arrogant sons of b***hes, Bomb the music industry, and my favorite, The Aquabats!. And as long as bands like the Slackers and the Toasters and Reel big fish (new album comming out!) are still around, ska will never die.

As for my bands tracks, we havent recorded anything yet, exept for a few practices on a tape recorder. When we DOrecordsome, Ill post them on this thread. But heres us playing "More Noise for the Home Boys" at the show. I didnt have a part in this song, so I just danced around the whole time, which was a bad idea because I didnt have much breath for my trumpet for the rest of the set, resulting in me missing parts and being too qiuet.

Heres the youtube link. its kinda hard to hear the lead vocals.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 12:49:07 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »

Yeah, it's a shame about the Arrogant Sons Of b***hes.  I just recently picked up their collected works and they were great.  Apparently they are having a reunion show, this weekend actually.  Hopefully it'll lead to some music from them. 

Back in the day I only listened to ska, nothing else.  After a while, the bands started to break apart, the scene went stagnant and there wasn't much left.  Bands like The Gadjits, The Hippos, Jeffery's Fan Club are gone.  It seems that the scene is starting to pick up a little bit, but it's moving in a different direction.  Bands are starting to pick up the ska sound and transform it into their own. 

Meanwhile bands like Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish have changed their sound to try to stay with the times.  I haven't bought a Less Than Jake album since Hello Rockview as everything I've heard since that has been pretty awful.  I still pick up RBF albums despite not really caring for Cheer Up or We're Not Happy Till You're Not Happy.  Their live album is actually quite good.

Eventhough I just blasted LTJ and RBF, Pezcore and Turn The Radio Off were the soundtracks of my high school years.  I'm surprised those two albums alone didn't turn to dust from so much play.

Lately, I've found myself going back more to the two tone side of things when I listen to ska.  Hepcat's 'Right On Time' is what one will normally find me listening to, along with Transitions from Westbound Train and a 3 disc Specials compilation that I put together.  There's nothing better in the summer to drive with the windows down with a smooth ska song playing.

Best of luck with the band Kyle.  Sorry about these long posts, but I never get to talk about ska with anyone.  It's great to see that an interest still exists, especially with a new generation.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
KYGOTC

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 11:14:17 AM »

Hey, thanks Skaboi! Im going to the Mustard Plug show in september, (or is it august?). Anyhoo, keep on skankin'!

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »

Not a huge fan of Ska but being a Punk fan you do run into it. I like the more popular Ska Citizen Fish, Operation Ivy and Against All Authority who I saw live to name a few.

Glad you enjoy it KYGOTC. Thumbup

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

KYGOTC

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 11:23:09 PM »

Not a huge fan of Ska but being a Punk fan you do run into it. I like the more popular Ska Citizen Fish, Operation Ivy and Against All Authority who I saw live to name a few.

Glad you enjoy it KYGOTC. Thumbup

Thanks!

Oporation Ivy is Supoib!

peter johnson

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 11:38:26 PM »

Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish play so often locally, that I thought they were local (Boulder/Denver/Colorado) bands, and not national acts.
Anyway, apparently there is a huge lively Ska scene here, as these bands you name seem to always be in the paper --
Maybe y'all should take a road trip to The Fox in Boulder sometime . . .
peter j./denny c.

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  "R" band is the best band in the world. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.