Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:14 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Game would you most like to see as a movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What Video Game would you most like to see as a movie?  (Read 27606 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »

As long as it's not the cure to insomnia that Advent Children was... uggh.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 01:08:34 AM »

I got some more, a good comedy in Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank.  Hell, maybe make a movie with all four of them.  For mindless action fun, Duke Nukem (c'mon) and the Devil May Cry series.  For some old school, Castlevania.  And I can't believe any of y'all, ANY OF Y'ALL didn't think of this as a movie:
ZOMBIES
ATE
MY
NEIGHBORS
(karma point)

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 04:33:14 AM »

For some old school, Castlevania

Your wish is granted!

Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania_%28film%29

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, Paul W.S. Anderson won't be directing.
He's too busy destroying the remake of Death Race 2000.
Amontillado
Dedicated Viewer

John, you know Rosalynn.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »

I hope they don't touch Ninja Gaiden. Those are my favorite games. I'm currently going through Black for the fifth time (up to Master Ninja and man am I sick of the "Game Over" screen). Never beat The Ancient Ship of Doom, but I've heard that the ending is disappointing. That game is tough.  Though isn't Ryu Hayabusa in the DOA movie? That might open the door...

Karma point indeed Black Angel. The scene in Shaun of the Dead when he uses the trampoline to get over the fence was an obvious nod to said spectacular video game. Keeping my fingers crossed about that Castlevania. I've known about it for awhile, and I'm a little more than skeptical. The tagline "Dracula Begins" sends a foreboding shiver down my spine.

I'd like to see a Redneck Rampage movie, but you know they'd cast Larry the Cable Guy and it would be atrociously littered with "Git 'r done" puns.

Forget Maniac Mansion! I want to see Monster Party!!

How awesome would it be to watch a kid with a baseball bat battle a giant fried shrimp who talks like a greaser on the big screen!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:42:43 PM by Amontillado » Logged

If I can build and install a pacemaker in this man\'s chest, I can damn well bouce a microwave off a satellite!
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »

I was thinking about this question the other day.  Crono Trigger would make a good movie if you wanted a dramatic story with good characters.  A movie based on the Contra series would make a good action film.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 11:42:56 PM »

Dungeon Keeper.

And since I know many reading this will probably click the link and go WTF? here's the real point of that post:

Also I would like to see John Water's do a screen adaptation of Leisure Suit Larry.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 06:10:15 PM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 01:30:09 AM »

Leisure Suit Larry by John Waters???  I have A Dirty Shame on dvd, and based on watching that, Larry is a perfect fit for him.  Just make sure it's NC-17

Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 04:35:17 AM »

The Battletoads arcade game.

Yeah, especially if it were completely animated and filled with very cartoonish violence just like the game it's based on. That "whack the giant rat repeatedly in the crotch" maneuver in the boss fight on the one level would make it a memorable cult hit, as would the "huge drill to the face" maneuver one of the toads used on all his lesser foes.

The story in Ninja Gaiden is like a cheap ninja movie in and of itself, so a movie based on it that played its premise completely straight would probably be memorable as one of the very first video game movies that didn't suck outright. (The plot's a bit cliched and the "Engrish" would need to be ironed out, but it's not as if there's anything specifically bad about it.)

Since I'm thinking of what's feasible for someone more in the B-movie budget range, this is the piece I'd like someone to do:

The story's so simple and straightforward that Charles Band could do it. (True, it doesn't have any little puppets in it, but it's a teen sword-and-sorcery flick with ugly monsters in it. How tricky is that?)

The part about a lonely geek guy secretly being the big hero in some other world has been done before, but how many of those stories actually end with the guy not only getting the girl, but bringing her home to Mommy and Daddy? (OK, technically the game didn't mention the part about bringing her home to meet the folks. But that's pretty much what would have to have happened next.) Best of all, even though he's called upon to rescue a princess, the girl he gets at the end is his cute little fairy sidekick from the other world, who's turned into a human-sized teenager in ours.

The director of this film would also get bonus points for making the Princess Rosebud's cell look just like the snow globe from Citizen Kane and tossing in another reference or two like that. ("Rosebud? Wasn't that the name of a sled or something?")

I'd hold out some hope for Castlevania, but isn't Uwe Boll working on that one? I swear, that guy could ruin anything. You want to see any of these made into good movies, you've got to keep him out of it. If we could have just one truly decent video game movie that got decent reviews and made a decent amount of money, the rest of these would almost certainly get to be movies as well.
Amontillado
Dedicated Viewer

John, you know Rosalynn.

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »

YES! I love that game! Up, up, up, down, left, right, start. I also loved in the description of Blackhorn's right-hand-man in the instruction booklet. It read, simply, "Heart of stone, face of bone." I forget what that guy's name was, but he was one of the hardest bosses in the game. After you kill him, isn't that when Astyanax get trapped thus Cutie has to sacrifice herself? Man that last scene in the game in that gif down there used to give me a chill. It was very off-putting for some reason. Oh, and if any of you out there are stuck in the castle maze, you go into the door the skeleton comes out of the ground in front of. Got that?

It's actually pretty funny that you wrote about Astyanax because I thought of that very game after I had written my original post. I was thinking, that or Rygar would make a pretty good fantasy movie.

I also think an Earthworm Jim movie would be great to see, but since they already had the cartoon series I won't hold my breath. I was also thinking that I would like to see a Mega Man movie, but that would be a guarenteed bone job. You can tell right away that it would come out worse than Alone in the Dark. Oh, and on that note, I'd like to see a competant director get their hands on Darkseed.

If I can build and install a pacemaker in this man\'s chest, I can damn well bouce a microwave off a satellite!
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 01:18:30 AM »

I think, if I can remember there was a Battletoads pilot that came on Fox a long time ago and it was the same as the game (I think)

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 08:59:29 AM »

I think, if I can remember there was a Battletoads pilot that came on Fox a long time ago and it was the same as the game (I think)

Ironically enough, I just bought this thing on eBay last week. I thought it was an entire series for the longest time or, as you said, that it was at least a pilot. The person I bought it from told me it was actually just an animated one-shot deal that was released around Christmas time to promote the release of the videogame and that nothing more was ever intended following that.

Does anyone else remember their advertising campaign for the game that said "Next to the Battletoads, turtles are just pond scum!"? That single ad gave me a long running biase against the game that still exists somewhere in the pit of my gamer stomach. I had the same issue with the Dick Tracy movie when I saw some ad that touted it as being better than Batman and somehow Warren Beaty in a bright yellow trenchcoat and hat was supposed to be cooler than friggin' Batman...  Question

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 09:14:13 AM »

You know what movie really needs to be made? Toobin'. Seriously, it could be a combination of Deliverance, Vanishing Point, The Descent and Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown. The hero (we'll give him a name later) and his friends have embraced the extreme sport of white water inner tube racing and have taken a trip together to toob the raging waters of the Chattooga River. They come across rival toobers (not carrots) who hassle them and dump them into the water. Our hero's toob gets a hole in it and he gets out his traveling patching kit to fix it, but while doing so he's drawn into the woods by the sounds of what could only be described as a pig squeeling... Along the way our characters are fleshed out through a series of flashbacks explaining their motivations and the different histories they've all experienced that somehow brought them together in a common bond as friends.  TeddyR

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 09:54:27 AM »

My choice would be Adventure on the Atari 2600.  Just a cube moving around a maze. 
Now who to play the cube?
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Amontillado
Dedicated Viewer

John, you know Rosalynn.

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »

Toobin' was a hard game...

What about Deja Vu? I know that Denzel was just in a movie of the same name, but this could be an awesome noir.

The best opening to a Nintendo game ever.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »

Deja Vu! Yes! That was one of my favorite games in the old days! I rented it for two weeks in a row trying to get through it when I was, like, 10 and remember the unbelievable anger and disappointment when I got to the end, only to learn that I'd either disposed of key pieces of evidence or held on to the wrong items and gotten myself convicted.  Damn it what I wouldn't have given for internet cheat sites in those days. Bluesad

I had the same item management problems with Shadowgate and Uninvited, only I never made it nearly as far... I gotta dig out my emulator this weekend.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Game would you most like to see as a movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.