Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:21:09 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Game would you most like to see as a movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What Video Game would you most like to see as a movie?  (Read 27613 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2007, 03:36:16 AM »

JPickett, if you're interested, I think I posted a fan movie based on Metal Gear above.  It looks pretty good for a bunch of Italian Film Students.  It's the one just below the pacman movie comic.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGg44e3zTWc

Not a bad premise, but the acting in that cut scene definitely needs some improvement. That raspy voice gets kind of annoying after a while, and some of the lines just don't sound very natural. There's also an awful lot of telling where, in a movie with a higher budget, there definitely ought to be more showing. Where Psycho Mantis starts talking about his past, for instance, I'd cut to some footage of him as a child and tell the tale in flashback if I were the director. Snake's own descriptions of himself are rather over the top, too. I'd trim those lines a bit and have him talk a little less melodramatically and a little more casually; he shouldn't really have to say "it doesn't matter" three or four different ways before the gal gets the point.

The tale Psycho Mantis tells of how he came to be what he is reminds me a lot of Doro's origins in Octavia Butler's book Wild Seed. (Near the end, it's revealed that Doro first learned of his ability to jump from body to body whenever he died, displacing other people's souls from their bodies and thereby killing them, when he accidentally killed his own parents and then his whole village.) With Psycho's story, dramatizing it would be easy. You just show him with his hands over his ears vainly trying to shut out all the noise from other people's minds, and then looking up at his father, seeing how his mother died giving birth to him through his father's eyes, and going berserk.

The language is clearly translated from the Japanese: although the subtitle's spellings are flawless and the flaws in the grammar (such as the split infinitive at -6:25) are no worse than any native speaker's, native speakers just don't talk the way these people do. "Don't regret your past--learn from it!" might show up on a bumper sticker here in America, but no one actually says things that way here. If Snake is supposed to be an American, I'd probably have him say "Are you finished moping around yet? Chalk it up to experience and let's go!" Also, instead of "More complaints?" he'd be saying "Now what?"

In short, there'd have to be some interpretation on top of all the translation, or everyone's going to sound remarkably stiff. That's what I did in those hacked cut scenes from Astyanax. That line "Come get some!" (and yes, I stole that right out of Duke Nukem) was my more robust American interpretation of the much weaker original translation: "Can you defeat me?" (From the context, I deduced that the question was supposed to be rhetorical.) That's the same kind of interpretation you'd need to do on Metal Gear Solid.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 05:54:23 PM »

Here is what I would like to see be made into a movie

Metroid  A classic game that could be done correctly if someone went down the right path with it.

King of the Fighters  If made this film like the made the first Mortal Kombat movie then it might be pretty good.  If the follow the path of Street Fighter, then may god have mercy on us all.

Final Fight  It would be tough to do right but they could probably could make a decent movie out it.

I wouldn't mind if they did a movie based on the Max Payne games.  A movie based on KOTOR[b/] wouldn't be bad either if they didn't try to make Star Wars look bad.

rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 08:58:56 PM »

Here is what I would like to see be made into a movie

Metroid  A classic game that could be done correctly if someone went down the right path with it.

King of the Fighters  If made this film like the made the first Mortal Kombat movie then it might be pretty good.  If the follow the path of Street Fighter, then may god have mercy on us all.

Final Fight  It would be tough to do right but they could probably could make a decent movie out it.

I wouldn't mind if they did a movie based on the Max Payne games.  A movie based on KOTOR[b/] wouldn't be bad either if they didn't try to make Star Wars look bad.

I'm pretty sure there are plans to make a Max Payne movie.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Game would you most like to see as a movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.