Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:34:53 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Burn Notice « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Burn Notice  (Read 6155 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: July 20, 2007, 07:35:06 AM »

Is anyone else watching this? I really like the show about a disavowed spy helping people in Miami.

If you haven't seen it, it plays on USA network at 9pm Central time. It stars Jeffrey Donovan as Michael Westen a government agent who gets a Burn Notice, which means he's completely disavowed by the government, all his assets are taken away . He gets the Burn Notice right in the middle of an assignment in Africa, but manages to get away. He falls asleep on the plane and wakes up in his home town on Miami.

He ends up taking jobs helping people sort of like the Equalizer while trying to get information about who put out the Burn Notice on him.  He enlists help from his ex-IRA, trigger happy ex-girlfriend Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) and his friend Sam (a retired Military Intelligence agent played by a rather portly Bruce Campbell). He is also routinely harrassed by his chain-smoking mother (Sharon Gless).

The show has a lot of humor and USA bills it as an action comedy. Donovan's narrations are filled with good advice about such things as how you shouldn't temp breaking the small bones in you hand by hitting someone in the face and that bathrooms are ideal for fights because of all the hard surfaces.  I loved the way he got rid of the drug dealer in the second episode.

Burn Notice on IMDB

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »

I've only seen the pilot for this. It seems like it has a very similar feel to another USA show Psych. They both have that sort of 80's sitcom vibe.  Good show ... I'm not sure if it's something I'd want to watch every week though.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 09:02:22 PM »

Two big differences in the shows. On Psych they don't shoot people and they don't have Bruce Campbell.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 11:21:41 PM »

Yep Bruce is a huge plus ... can't wait for My Name is Bruce!  Smile
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 07:49:18 AM »

I set a season pass for the show on my DVR after first seeing the previews.  I didn't even realize at the time that the show had Bruce in it.  That was certainly a nice surprise.  The show itself is quite fun too.  Some of the plot lines feel familiar in the way that they are carried out, but it's still a fun hour. 

In the last year or two, USA has become one of the most watched channels around the house.  The wife and I both love Monk, Psych, and now Burn Notice.  It's good to see that they're keeping the fun shows coming.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:45:32 PM »

Bringing this topic back since I started watching it since Netflix put it up.  Lots of fun action and fun comedy, not to mention great characters, featuring Bruce Campbell of all people!  USA once again impresses me with another solid show.  Who else is watching this show?  If you are not, give this a try, at least for Bruce Campbell!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »

I tend to avoid anything with Bruce Campbell in it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 11:15:54 PM »

I like Bruce Campbell, but I tried watching "Burn Notice" and found it to be pretty awful (and not in a good or funny way).

I thought "Monk" was great, and "Psych" is not bad.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »

I watch the reruns on Wednesday nights, whilst waiting for Criminal Minds; I like the show, particularly the relationships between the characters-it's not super-slick, like a lot of spy shows, but quirky-cool.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Burn Notice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.