Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:49:56 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We all saw it coming. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We all saw it coming.  (Read 3602 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: August 04, 2007, 12:29:21 AM »

Horible news on the GRINDHOUSE dvd release....or should i say, releases? Yea, thats right. Moron film distibutors anounced recently that  DEATH PROOF and PLANET TERROR will be released seperatly come september. Death proof wil be released first, then planet terror later. To make things even worse, theyve decided to add in the "missing" reels on both movies as a "special" feature. I pray that its an optional feature. Modern day movie money hounds have shown to us once again what ass goblins they are. Im gonna wait to see if they fuse the 2 movies onto 1 disc later. If they dont, i dont know what i ll end up doing. 

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:15:45 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 12:08:27 PM »

If they dont, i dont know what i ll end up doing. 

Go on a psycho bloodbath of death and destruction,mebbe?  Buggedout Yikes!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 08:29:59 PM »

Go on a psycho bloodbath of death and destruction,mebbe?  Buggedout Yikes!

Here, you'll need one of these.   TeddyR

And a few of these...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 08:38:55 PM by Ash » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »

If anything, Deathproof should have had TWO missing reels. 

But yeah, I'm definitely going to wait for a double feature version.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:22 AM »

cmon guys you know damn well there is gonna be some super ultimate uncut unrated extened 5 disk special edition boxed set limited edition tin with 40 hours of bonus features. dont sweat it.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 07:10:29 AM »

I'm with Joe.  I'll probably rent both films when they are released on DVD, as I didn't see Grindhouse in the theater.  I'll wait on purchasing the films until the inevitable mega-box sets will be released.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:43 AM »

cmon guys you know damn well there is gonna be some super ultimate uncut unrated extened 5 disk special edition boxed set limited edition tin with 40 hours of bonus features. dont sweat it.
I'd like to think that there will be, but I've also been waiting for Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair for years and I don't think it will ever come to DVD.  I certainly won't buy these two separately, though.

It hardly strikes me as ironic that the home video release of these movies is being botched so badly.  It seems only proper that they would recut them and release them like this since so many real exploitation movies were handled this way in the past.  I'm just surprise that they didn't change the titles (though Death Proof already had been changed) and make up new director names in the credits.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:09:02 AM by RapscallionJones » Logged

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Torgo

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 03:50:01 PM »

I'd like to think that there will be, but I've also been waiting for Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair for years and I don't think it will ever come to DVD.  I certainly won't buy these two separately, though.

I've heard that the Kill Bill 4 disc set will be coming out on September 18th as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but it makes sense for them splitting them up for the DVD releases as the whole double bill experience was tailor made to be experience in a theater.

I've heard that they're splitting up the faux trailers between the 2 releases as well supposedly.

I thought that Death Proof was most excellent and can't wait to see the full uncut director's cut on September 18th.

Planet Terror I'm less enthused about as I really can't see myself watching that one that much as it was merely a fun diversion IMO compared to the greatness of Death Proof.

KYGOTC

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 05:10:03 PM »

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but it makes sense for them splitting them up for the DVD releases as the whole double bill experience was tailor made to be experience in a theater.

I've heard that they're splitting up the faux trailers between the 2 releases as well supposedly.

I thought that Death Proof was most excellent and can't wait to see the full uncut director's cut on September 18th.

Planet Terror I'm less enthused about as I really can't see myself watching that one that much as it was merely a fun diversion IMO compared to the greatness of Death Proof.

See, im the opposite. I thought Death Proof was a HUGE dissipointment as it was borring and most of the diolouge didnt go anywhere. And what the hell was up with that text message thing? Plus I hated what happened to Stuntman mike. I really wanted him to come out on top, so yea I hated it, but if you take it away from Planet Terror, then it losses the vintage "double feature" effect, plus i still want the trailers that it came with so im p**sed about them splitting it. Like I said, ill wait. Im patient.

(And to be fair, I really respect what Tarentino TRIED to do, to make an old grindhouse movie, and I also admire that he used real cars instead of CGI bantha fodder.)

Torgo

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 07:40:52 PM »

See, I'm the opposite. I thought Death Proof was a HUGE dissipointment as it was boring and most of the dialogue didn't go anywhere. And what the hell was up with that text message thing? Plus I hated what happened to Stuntman mike. I really wanted him to come out on top, so yea I hated it, but if you take it away from Planet Terror, then it losses the vintage "double feature" effect, plus i still want the trailers that it came with so I'm p**sed about them splitting it. Like I said, ill wait. I'm patient.

(And to be fair, I really respect what Tarentino TRIED to do, to make an old grindhouse movie, and I also admire that he used real cars instead of CGI bantha fodder.)

People seemed to be split on which one was deemed to be the superior experience in Grindhouse.

I viewed Planet Terror as the appetizer and Death Proof as the main course when I went and saw it.  I guess with that mentality I enjoyed Death Proof a lot more.

Quentin actually went and made a  honest-to-god exploitation movie while Rodriguez's seemed more like an early 80's Italian splatter zombie type flick than a 70's exploitation movie.

KYGOTC

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 08:48:17 PM »

Quentin actually went and made a  honest-to-god exploitation movie while Rodriguez's seemed more like an early 80's Italian splatter zombie type flick than a 70's exploitation movie.

Yea, if he was trying to exploit girls babbling about their ex boyfriends for an hour. But i dunno, maybe thats the way it was done back in the day. But if thats true, my love for exploitation movies just took a shot in the foot. Oh and karma for bringing up a good point by the way. about the dvd, i mean.

Ill still wait for the double feature version, though.

Torgo

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 09:27:28 PM »

Yea, if he was trying to exploit girls babbling about their ex boyfriends for an hour. But i dunno, maybe thats the way it was done back in the day. But if thats true, my love for exploitation movies just took a shot in the foot. Oh and karma for bringing up a good point by the way. about the dvd, i mean.

I guess it's just personal preference but I didn't have any issues with the dialogue.  I'm a huge Quentin fan but I'm not one of those that automatically thinks that everything that he does is genius. 

Could he had maybe tightened up the beginning a bit?  Perhaps, but I like how he took this whole fly-on-the-wall approach to getting to know the 1st batch of girls before he does away with them in most gruesome fashion later on.    I got into the whole kind of lazy vibe that these girls were just chilling/hanging out.  To me, Death Proof did what sub-par movies like Hostel (and it's terrible sequel) desperately wanted to do which was to lull you into a false of normalcy before hitting you with a sucker punch to the gut.   

I mean as far as what I said about the whole exploitation movie thing is that this movie feels like one, whereas he kind of turns the expectations a bit on their head for what people expect out of typical exploitation cinema (hope that made some sense.   TeddyR  )   Exploitation cinema covers a variety of genres and approaches and it isn't just really one type of film.   

One thing I would recommend is to watch the Death Proof DVD when it comes out as it's the extended director's cut that was shown at Cannes to rave reviews.  It's supposed to really flesh out a lot of what people perceived as narrative flaws in the Grindhouse theatrical version due to him having to cut the movie to the bone for the double bill.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We all saw it coming. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.