Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:12:36 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Zombie Test Pics « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Zombie Test Pics  (Read 24694 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 06:51:27 AM »

i took the basic idea in my head of what zombies look like and applied it my own way, the only sites i used were a few make-up application how-to's, but basically all you need to know is apply in layers and blend, with that just use your imagination. sounds macabre but check out some pictures of wounds or actual dead people, savini told me that himself and i mean it makes sense, you want it to look real. ( though mine dont look real so to speak a bit surreal if you ask me). This was my first attempt to really sit down and make someone else up. i had previously experimented on myself in my bathroom to kinda of get the look i wanted and how to apply it. i went a little crazy on these applications and after a few times ( and a little research) i found myself applying more subtle and realistic make-up, its just trial and error and practice. I used all the stuff you used ( with a few special prosthetic pieces) liquid latex and halloween make-up. to get the effect of the sores/burns/decaying wounds/scabby skin i just applied a couple of even coats of latex in select spots, waited for it to dry, pinched and pulled and actually ripped a hole open in the latex creating an open wound effect and applied make-up to it. Woochie is a commecial SPFX company that makes professinal grade ( to a degree) prosthetic pieces, some of which are pretty cool. you can get them at any place that sells halloween stuff. i also used special packs of Woochie make-up. its not really special but they make little packs with certain shades of make-up that make it alot easier on your part to make the colors you desire. for instance they have a wound pack (called somethin like that, to that extent) which has certain shades of yellow red black and purple to enable you to create a more realistic look of bruises and cuts. as far as the eyes go, i used black and purple make-up.i put black on the lids (get as close to the eye as possible, use a eye-liner pencil if need be) and blended out then i used an eyeshadow applicator to blot purple around the outsides of the blend of black and then blended the purple in and touched it up as i saw fit. a HUGE detail is to ALWAYS powder the make up after ward. it will take the shine off of it and make it look more real. you dont have to kill it with powder just enough until its matte. i would try to find colorless powder, woochie makes some (what a coincidence!) but regular powder will work fine. i have as much training and experience as you have, you just have to love it and have fun with it.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 06:57:22 AM »

oh yea as far as the pieces go, theres on on the left hand (your left) corner of the guy zombie in pic 1 fore-head. in picture 2 the middle zombie has one on his forehead and the girl zombie has one on the left ( again, your left) side of her face.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 07:23:05 AM »

You da man Joe! Thanks.

I wish we celebrated Halloween here in Aus; it must be alot easier to find good horror makeup in the states.  Maybe I just don't know where to look.  Bluesad

I do know of one place that'll probably help on the make up side of things.  I was lucky that my friend was a makeup artist and just gave me all her crap [latex etc] otherwise I'd be lost.

Oh and I saw a documentary, The American Nightmare, where it had a great interview with Savini with the same basic idea in mind.  My own theory is to just make it look gross, even if it isn't real.  I don't have enough time to play with the format, but I'll work on it more for next time so thanks for the tips.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 08:31:06 PM »

Sorry about the late post Dean. Haven't been on this part of the forum in a while. Those are pretty good effects there and can't wait for the video.  Thumbup

Karma for both Dean and Joe's Zombies.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 08:32:39 PM by Scott » Logged

StillGuerrillaFilms
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 12:29:32 AM »

Fantastic Makeup job guys!
BUT Film Festival
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 05:12:11 PM »

Your eyes are the freakiest part  Smile
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Zombie Test Pics « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.