Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:41:25 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  House of the Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House of the Dead  (Read 6703 times)
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 08, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »

House of the Dead was a kickass arcade game, which spawned a bunch of sequels and spinoffs which also kicked ass. It threw you in with a rediculous amount of Zombies, bad voice acting and B-Movie gore, armed you with a light-gun, and left you to defend yourself.

Not many people noticed it (at least not in the UK), but at some point, the infamous Uwe (Pronounced "hoover") Boll made a movie out of it. A movie involving footage from the game instead of special effects shots and drunk ravers shooting guns and doing kung fu. So is it as fun as it sounds?

Well, no.

I have a theory, though. Uwe (Pronounced "hoover") Boll actually IS a hoover. That's why he sucks so much. See, the studio were so desperate for a House of the Dead movie and were so short on money that instead of hiring the director, they just used a vaccuum cleaner.

This movie sucks. Just don't even bother. It's not even fun to laugh at - it just makes you sad that this Uwe (Hoover) fella is given money to make movies. I hope he ends up sucking up an old toy that somebody's left lying around and chokes on it.

Full review: http://www.hooplanet.co.uk/article.php?subaction=showfull&id=1177706619&archive=&start_from=&ucat=8&

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:58:14 PM »

And who would have thought to make a sequel?  I'm tempted to pick it up but I have a mental problem that whenever I reach to even look at it, my brain just shuts off and goes into protective huddle mode.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 06:46:13 AM »

XD yeah, I know I should maybe pick up the sequel sometime for reviewing purposes but I really dreading it.
wtffilm
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »

Not that the sequel is any great work of genius, but it's a better film than Boll's.  I was actually able to sit through it - unlike the first film.

SciFi Channel - 1
Uwe Boll - 0

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
http://www.wtf-film.com
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 04:45:50 PM »

What is wrong with you guys!?  House Of The Dead = CLASSIC....no, it's a MASTERPIECE.  The movie is absolutely awful but is a lot of fun to laugh at.  I love the shot of the zombie jumping out of the woods with a very obvious springboard.  It's a great film to get a bunch of people together, preferably drinking, and watch.

I seem to have a thing for Boll films.  I don't like the guy personally and think he's an ass.  I do love his films though.  I actually paid to see Alone In The Dark in the theater.  My wife still hasn't forgiven me for that one.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 04:21:55 PM »

Not that the sequel is any great work of genius, but it's a better film than Boll's.  I was actually able to sit through it - unlike the first film.

SciFi Channel - 1
Uwe Boll - 0

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
http://www.wtf-film.com

Sorry man, but Uwe Boll's most famous work has one up on the Sci-Fi original...

...It was FUNNY. HOTD2 was just another bland, plodding "Aliens" takeoff with the cardboard marines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:00:53 AM »

Did anybody out there actually genuinely like House of the Dead? I mean how would it have raked in so much money and warranted a sequel otherwise?
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 08:48:41 AM »

DistantJ,

See my previous post.  I LOVED HOTD, but not for any normal reasons.  It's terrible but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »

Yeah, but as in, do you geniunely like it or do you enjoy laughing at it? If you get my drift.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »

Well, I like the film because I can laugh at it but I also like it because it is so bad.  It's really a lot of fun mainly due to all of it's flaws.  I still feel that Uwe has a good film in him but I have yet to see it.  His direction does become slightly better with each film and I'm actually looking forward to Postal.

I have a problem.

DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 05:22:46 AM »

I still feel that Uwe has a good film in him but I have yet to see it.

I gotta admit I kinda hear you on that. It's like with a bit more effort and learning he might come out with a really good mindless action flick.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  House of the Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.