Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:41:40 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Jericho Returns! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jericho Returns!  (Read 3514 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: January 24, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »

Due to the fan uproar (they sent thousands of pounds of nuts to CBS) Jericho is getting a seven episode season two. The short season will narrow it's focus to Jake Green (Skeet Ulrich), Robert Hawkins (Lennie James), and a new character Major Beck (Esai Morales).

If you watched the show in season one you know at the end Jericho was about to be invaded by the neighboring town New Bern.

Since the seven eps were done before the writers strike, they will be one of a very few original shows on tv.  The producers are hoping for some good numbers so that they will possibly get a third season.

For those who haven't heard of it, Jericho is the story of what happens to a small Kansas town after terrorists nuke several large US cities.  The mayor's prodigal son comes home after having been gone for five years and a very recent newcomer to town seems to know something about what's going on.

SciFi just announced it has the cable rights to the series and will start airing the first season on Feb. 18, the second season starts on CBS on Feb. 12. 

Here's the scoop : http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=47515

Here' the original thread we had going when the show started :http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,109996.0.html

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:50:27 AM »

That's good news. Getting a little tired of having nothing new on TV.

I like Jericho. Reminds me of the stuff we used to see in the 80s, like The Day After, but with more action and mysterious goings on. The first season was a bit hit and miss, but I think it found its direction, and it provided answers at a reasonable rate. By the end of the season, we had some basic grasp of what was going on, leaving questions of why and what happens next.

Nice bit of TV. Any word on where Lost is at for this season?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:53:58 PM »

God, Jericho took so long to get rolling but when it finally found its stride, my wife and I were hooked.  I think we looked forward to that show more than anything during primtime.   When I found out it was cancelled, I blew a fuse.  How can you possibly cancel the show at that point?  Obviously they weren't going to let New Bern walk in and take Jericho but the how of it was killing me.  Thank god it's coming back.  Seriously.

Cool point for James Remar.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Jericho Returns! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.