Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:56:45 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  CASH IN THE ATTIC « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CASH IN THE ATTIC  (Read 5506 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: February 12, 2008, 02:20:35 PM »

CASH IN THE ATTIC on BBC

Anyone ever watch this show? Well since I've sent more time at home the last week than working do to feeling bad and being sick I've been surfing around and caught this show that I had seen long ago but really forgot about it. Anyway ... the thing that come to mind is the people on this show are the most selfish people I've ever seen.

One group of women were selling of tons of family heirlooms to go on a "spa holiday" I was just stunned seeing these selfish ass women selling off 200-400 year English family heirlooms to go on holiday while there kids were watching their entire family history being auctioned off, I was just appalled.  But the running theme is find some stuff in you house that is worth some money, often something handed down for several generations and auction off so you can go on holiday or as on one show get a boob job. The hell with leaving it to the kids and the generations after you, let them get there own family heirlooms.

Anyway have you ever seen it? Would you auction off 100's of years of your family history so you can go on a 1 week vacation? It's just insane.

zbranigan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:53:16 PM »

live in the UK so yes i've seen it, and no not for a spa holiday, but from a somewhat practical point of view, you can't keep everything your ancestors ever bought or used, my mother has 3 sets of 'china' tableware she'll never use because they are heirlooms, if they come to me 2 are going TongueOut

if we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.........checkmate!!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »

The eps I've seen have been for a holiday (vacation in the US) and it wasn't multiples they were auctioning off, one eps auctioned off War Diary's and photos, one had a sword from the 1500's and had been in the family since that time. I know you can't keep everything, but spread it around the family then at least keep it in the family. Just seems a bit selfish to me to auction off your family history for a spa or something. Now if it was for something like school, an expensive medical treatment, etc ok I understand that but most every show I've seen it's for something they could just do without. 

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:25:15 PM »

I'm with you Cheese.  People just have no sense of history any more.

I wouldn't auction off anything like that let alone for a stupid holiday.  I would keep as much as possible and give nothing to the other money grubbing rellies who would actually sell stuff.

But in my family, nothing is prized or cherished, least of all each other, so I won't have to confront that problem any time soon.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »

I've seen people on there selling their stuff for home remodeling money and lots of stuff other than just going on holiday. If you've never been in the UK you that there are antiques everywhere.

I used have an older friend who became and auctioneer when he retired, he and his partners used to buy huge containers of antique furniture from the UK and have it ship over to auction off.

The show I like to watch is Bargain Hunt.  The host gives two pairs of contestants 200pounds each and they have an hour to shop at antique flea market.  The next week they take what they bought to an auction and which ever pair makes the most profit wins and gets to keep the profit. The only problem is the winner is usually the pair that  loses the least.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »

I've seen people on there selling their stuff for home remodeling money and lots of stuff other than just going on holiday. If you've never been in the UK you that there are antiques everywhere.

I used have an older friend who became and auctioneer when he retired, he and his partners used to buy huge containers of antique furniture from the UK and have it ship over to auction off.

The show I like to watch is Bargain Hunt.  The host gives two pairs of contestants 200pounds each and they have an hour to shop at antique flea market.  The next week they take what they bought to an auction and which ever pair makes the most profit wins and gets to keep the profit. The only problem is the winner is usually the pair that  loses the least.

I've watch Bargain Hunt on occasion and being a antique junky myself and having a house full of them, I see this junk some of these people pick out and go I wouldn't give you $5 for that better yet 50 pounds ($100) and you want to make a profit? forget it, it ain't happening. Most of it is just flat out junk, rarely do I see anyone buy anything I'd want and their "experts" are no better ... it that's an expert opinion I'll go it alone thanks. Sad thing is David Dickinson the host looks at it and says "We'll you paid too much for that, didn't you? That's not quite cheap as chips is it?!" The guy looks like a demented Dudley Moore.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 06:11:58 AM »

Tara Sue loves antique shows. I enjoy them to. We go to lots of flea markets and yard sales....and have TONS of old crap I wish she would sell!!! She likes old toys,sewing machines,and typewriters,for some reason. we have about six typewriters,and four stand-up sewing machines that are as old as dirt. Why me ,Lawdy?

(My monster mags and comics STAY!)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:24:51 AM »

The only antique we've got is an old Seth Thomas clock that used to belong to my grandparents.  I think it's only worth $100 or so, and I think we've paid at least that much to get it repaired several times over the years.  The damned thing always gongs 10 times right during the climax of a movie so you can't hear what anyone's saying (it's always 5 minutes fast or slow).  Love that old clock though, it always makes me remember my grandparents and the simple times they lived in.  It had it's own shelf high above the kitchen sink, and the sink had a big iron pump next to it and you'd move the lever back and forth a few times and water would come out.  Ice cold water.  If you wanted hot you'd put it in a big kettle and put it on the stove. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:32:54 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  CASH IN THE ATTIC « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.