Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:46 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Who made that noise? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who made that noise?  (Read 13696 times)
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 12:15:48 AM »

i often throw up a playlist from theduderinok's youtube. it's mostly Coast to Coast AM programs, cut into segments. wacky, out-there stuff, but it makes for good listening.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 01:10:40 AM »

I generally find broadcast radio to be un-listenable now.  It's all iPod playlists, lists on the Mac, and occasionally one local broadcast station.

The television is OFF at my house unless someone is watching it, thank you very much.   Drives me bugf*** to be in someone's home with the idiot box blaring, when no one is even watching it.   (The TV is mainly for watching movies.)
Menard
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

I don't think I could survive listening to Britney or Christina first thing in the morning.

I could...

...if it was one in each ear saying "that was amazing". TeddyR
Menard
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »

heres what my tape player looks like. groovy, eh?

Why does that seem...

...so you? TongueOut
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »

Why does that seem...

...so you? TongueOut

Because its AWESOME!

Last night i was in my bed to go to sleep and my radio was on. usually i have it off as I go to sleep but there was something really cool on last night. It was an old radio show about some mytery involving a jail or something. It had the guy from "A Wonderful Life" in it. It was nice to hear that old stuff.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Menard
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 11:21:23 AM »

Last night i was in my bed to go to sleep and my radio was on. usually i have it off as I go to sleep but there was something really cool on last night. It was an old radio show about some mytery involving a jail or something. It had the guy from "A Wonderful Life" in it. It was nice to hear that old stuff.

You can find free MP3s of a lot of those old programs, and I mean a lot, for download here: http://www.archive.org/browse.php?field=subject&mediatype=audio&collection=oldtimeradio
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »

Last night on that same radio station they were playing a bunch of 80s punk! And toatally uncensored to boot! I was WAY ex!ted!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 11:56:03 PM »

I don't think I could survive listening to Britney or Christina first thing in the morning.

I could...

...if it was one in each ear saying "that was amazing". TeddyR

Well....yes....I thought that was obvious  *lol*

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »

I like to play music off of my PSP, however, if I don't have it I'll try to find a video playing it on Youtube.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
JJ80
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »

I tend to stick to my radio-alarm clock for radio listening and sometimes listen to digital radio channels through my cable t.v set up. However, I definitely prefer listening to music through headphones. I find this to be the best way to hear it clearly and I can turn up the volume to a bearable level without causing unnecessary noise pollution.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 04:39:48 PM »

I've got several old radios, all of them tubes nearly all of them made prior to 1950, many of them older. Most are family heirlooms that I've acquired from older family members, others I've gotten here and there. My favorite is my grandfathers it's in near mint working condition the cathedral radio my grandfather heard about the stock market crash in 1929, the bombing of Pearl Harbor on, the victory of the war and the killing of Kennedy on and the death of Elvis! I got it in the early 80's and it still works get and I turn it on occasionally.
I'd say about 3/4 of the ones I have work, others need tubes which are getting harder to fine or rewiring that I haven't got around to yet, I have several old Bakelite Radios in the Art Deco style ... no idea what I'm going to do with all of them, I guess I'll pass the family ones down and sell some of the others one day.

Menard
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »

A new acquisition to my collection, and I didn't break the damn thing this time, is this Toshiba model:

It is a 4 band model and stands about 10 inches high. It looks as nice as the picture suggests and got a heck of a deal on a buy-it-now auction on eBay to get it.

I have been wanting to get a Sears Com/Trek 5:

There is one on auction on eBay now. The current bid is up to $113.61 with less than 2 hours to go. Too high for me; but, one day.

I presently have my eye on a nice Hitachi model:

Hey; radios are cheaper to collect than muscle cars. But I still have my hopes for a 1971 Plymouth GTX one day. TeddyR

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Who made that noise? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.