Main Menu

Karma Function Removed

Started by Andrew, June 07, 2008, 08:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

Thanks for your time and trouble, Andrew.  You are the best Admin/Mod EVER!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Kester Pelagius

Kudos!  Congrats!

Have a tribble.............. *

:bouncegiggle:
Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)

Patient7

I like the explanation box, makes for a fun time.
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.

Doc Daneeka

Is the "reason" box for Andrew to verify or do we get to see why we get karma now? :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Andrew on June 20, 2008, 12:57:24 AM
There is now a logging system in place for karma, and it should also prompt you for a brief description (which you can leave blank).  Everything needs more testing, but I am tapped out.  I will test more once I have the opportunity.  If you run into anything funny, please post it here or in the trouble tickets thread.
Andrew you go to a lot of trouble for us.  I am curious also whether we can see comments left.  PLEASE don't work on it!   :smile:  It's not important.  But, the website is important to many of us BADMOVIE  lovers!!  I'm inspired to write a dumb review of THE FOG, which I watched last night for the first time since it was new...  :lookingup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:   
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Andrew

Thought I had gotten that turned on before crashing last night.  It is working now.  Checking your profile will show the karma description info:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php?action=profile

"Who changed my karma" and "Whose karma have I changed" links.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Patient7

Okay, so what does the number next to people's names mean?

EDIT:  Never mind I get it now, it's how many OTHER people have done as a total amount.  Really nice job on this Andrew, now I can figure out who was so kind as to boost my karma those tiny bits.  This will also be mor preventive of karma abuse.
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.

Rev. Powell

This is pretty cool... looks like there are all kinds of fun ways to analyze karma now.  And now I know the folks who are giving me karma, and why!
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

indianasmith

WOw!!! I just looked at my profile, and I am one of the most smited people on here!!
55 negative karma points!
And I didn't even know it!

I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted.

"If, at the end of your life's journey, you discover you have made some enemies along the way - congratulations!  That means that somewhere, sometime, you took a stand for something."  - Winston Churchill

Either that or I'm a jerk and didn't know it.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Allhallowsday

Quote from: indianasmith on June 21, 2008, 01:00:58 AM
WOw!!! I just looked at my profile, and I am one of the most smited people on here!!
"If, at the end of your life's journey, you discover you have made some enemies along the way - congratulations!  That means that somewhere, sometime, you took a stand for something."  - Winston Churchill

Yer not really gonna give me material like that to work with are ya?   :cheers:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

CheezeFlixz

It would seem that the conservatives, minus WW are the most smited folks around. I'm right behind you and I have no idea I had as many as I did ... oh well I smite thee oh might smiter. It always cost you to make a stand, but tis a small price to pay.

AndyC

You've been smited a lot, but your net karma remains relatively high. That's good. It means you've impressed more people than you thought, and you did it without watering down your opinions.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

Jack

Very cool feature Andrew, thanks for all your hard work!  It's really quite interesting seeing what people leave you karma for. 
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

Mr. DS

Maybe I'm clicking the wrong thing but I'm getting...

"Sorry - you don't have the proper permissions to view the Karma Description list."

I'm clicking the link off the profile page if that helps.
DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall

Andrew

Quote from: The DarkSider on June 21, 2008, 06:57:45 AM
Maybe I'm clicking the wrong thing but I'm getting...

"Sorry - you don't have the proper permissions to view the Karma Description list."

I'm clicking the link off the profile page if that helps.

It was a permissions issue, because you are in the webmaster group.  Fixed it now.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org