Main Menu

"Metropolis" gains a couple of minutes

Started by frank, July 03, 2008, 10:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter johnson

. . . right next to the test footage of Ronald Reagan as Rick in "Casablanca" . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
I have no idea what this means.

the master

ill give you the cannibal and mutiny scenes from the lost world for it

Raffine

Quote from: RCMerchant on July 06, 2008, 01:26:48 PM
Hmmm...can the long lost Conrad Veidt/Bela Lugosi/F.W. Munrau  DER JANUS KOPHF or the test footage of Bela in FRANKENSTIEN (1931) be far behind?

And the footage/dialog track of Bela's cut lines in FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.

RCMerchant

Quote from: Raffine on July 07, 2008, 03:18:54 PM
Quote from: RCMerchant on July 06, 2008, 01:26:48 PM
Hmmm...can the long lost Conrad Veidt/Bela Lugosi/F.W. Munrau  DER JANUS KOPHF or the test footage of Bela in FRANKENSTIEN (1931) be far behind?

And the footage/dialog track of Bela's cut lines in FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN!

Also the antology of Monogram/PRC clips narrated by Bela for the lost British LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS!
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

frank

Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 03, 2008, 04:07:30 PM
This is great news!  Hopefully the new footage contains some salacious red light district footage that was too hot for 1927!

That might come true! I just read yesterday some prostitute related scenes are in there that were deemed to juicy for US distribution. As I understood it, the only version available until now was the US distribution.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."

CheezeFlixz

Quote from: frank on July 08, 2008, 01:35:17 AM
Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 03, 2008, 04:07:30 PM
This is great news!  Hopefully the new footage contains some salacious red light district footage that was too hot for 1927!

That might come true! I just read yesterday some prostitute related scenes are in there that were deemed to juicy for US distribution. As I understood it, the only version available until now was the US distribution.

1927 was pre-code movies and some of those were fairly racy for their time. Now I don't recall the when the official US release was, so it could have been released post code which at that time racy scenes would have been cut.

Either way I hope they don't poke around or the release, restored or not I want to see the nearly complete film.

akiratubo

The movie I want more than any other in the world is 1914's Der Golem/Monster of Fate.
Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!

frank

Quote from: akiratubo on July 08, 2008, 02:15:26 AM
The movie I want more than any other in the world is 1914's Der Golem/Monster of Fate.

I haven't seen this one or the second Golem movie of Wegener's sort-of-triology, "Der Golem und die Tänzerin/The Golem and the dancer". But while waiting for it, the third "part" is available at archive.org. (Der Golem und wie er in die Welt kam / The Golem: How he came into the world). Good one! But I have to admit I have seen it a couple of years ago on TV and not the internet archive stuff as I have yet to figure out how it works...

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."

Torgo

This is absolutely fantastic news. I had read about this yesterday over at AICN.

I hope  that they can restore the additional footage to actually reinsert it into the actual film and not have to offer it just a supplement on the DVD.

Can't wait!    :thumbup:
"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

the master

dont worry kino is a cool company they wont be jerks :tongueout: