Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:35:45 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Mad Max/Running Man similar movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mad Max/Running Man similar movie  (Read 17021 times)
moybutter
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »

Could it be Tron?
lopehole
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 02:43:27 AM »

Still at the search. Still trying to find a trailer for Survivor (1987).

Some key memories:
-Main character is held with other captors.
-Main character makes it through gladiator style obstacle course. Originally crowd was cheering for him to fail...but after he makes it people begin to cheer for him making it through (like Rocky IV).
-Ending scene has main character coming out of very large tunnel (desert environment). There is some form of large spaceship there, he checks some things on it and flys away.

Movies reviewed:
Mad Max (all)
Running Man
Spacehunter
Tron
Hell comes to Frog Town
Arena
Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity
The New Gladiators
Logan's Run
2019 After the Fall of New York

Thank you for the great ideas...its time to put this 15+ year mystery to rest lol.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 03:48:39 PM »

Ultra-Warrior (90)
lopehole
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2021, 12:49:26 PM »

Not ultra warrior. Still at the search in 2021.
I remember the hero was caged, and is let out to go through a gauntlet like obstacle course. I remember some kind of big fire trap being an obstacle. The bad guys are dressed like the WWF Road Warrior wrestlers.
I very well may be mixing up different movies. I do recall clearly the fire trap scene.

Thanks!
lopehole
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2021, 01:07:48 PM »

I bought Space Hunter a few years ago and watched it. It didn’t seem like the movie from my memories, although it does fit a lot of the criteria, especially the ending with the spaceship.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2021, 10:26:38 PM »

Still at the search. Still trying to find a trailer for Survivor (1987).

Some key memories:
-Main character is held with other captors.
-Main character makes it through gladiator style obstacle course. Originally crowd was cheering for him to fail...but after he makes it people begin to cheer for him making it through (like Rocky IV).
-Ending scene has main character coming out of very large tunnel (desert environment). There is some form of large spaceship there, he checks some things on it and flys away.

Movies reviewed:
Mad Max (all)
Running Man
Spacehunter
Tron
Hell comes to Frog Town
Arena
Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity
The New Gladiators
Logan's Run
2019 After the Fall of New York

Thank you for the great ideas...its time to put this 15+ year mystery to rest lol.

Survivor ends with the hero and heroine looking out over the sea so that is definitely not your film.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 06:12:18 PM »

I found some worthy candidates to research your find, Lopehole:

The Aftermath (1982)
tagline; Hell in the Aftermath; who will survive?

Mad Max‘s bizarre mutant biker-gang leader was (strangely yet memorably) called Toecutter. The Aftermath has a gang of mutant weirdo bikers led by B-movie god Sid Haig’s ‘Cutter’. Despite the utter lack of originality, the story (slightly influenced by Planet of the Apes: astronauts return to Earth to find it a post-apocalyptic wasteland inhabited by gangs of violent criminals et cetera) and direction actually make this a very watchable B-movie.

Endgame (1983)
tagline; For An “Endgame” Champion In The Year 2025, There’s Only One Way To Live. Dangerously

‘Escape from Mad Max 2’ again; this film shares many parallels with the later The Blood of Heroes (see below) and looks forward to The Running Man, but is much more fun than either. Telepathic mutants, violent game shows, warriors, what’s not to like?

Stryker (1983)
tagline; After the holocaust, nothing matters but survival also, perhaps better; The Odds are a million-to-one. And Stryker is the one.

Uninspired taglines for an uninspired movie; Filipino exploitation master Cirio H. Santiago (TNT Jackson, Nam Angels) directs this opus in which, after the inevitable apocalypse, the world is running out of water (of course), and a group of Amazons guard the last known freshwater spring but are attacked by a gang of blah blah blah, until moody, monosyllabic tough guy “Stryker” turns up to help them out. You know the rest.

http://williampinfold.com/the-lucky-ones-were-the-first-to-die-the-1980s-post-mad-max-apocalypse/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:14:38 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Mad Max/Running Man similar movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.