Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:36:29 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Do you have May Movie Fever? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you have May Movie Fever?  (Read 4575 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: May 05, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »

We all react to media scares in different ways.  Some heard about swine flu and decided to give up pork products while others saw this as a great excuse for a BBQ.  Meanwhile we at Cosmic Cinema, in partnership with Mise-en-scene Crypt, have decided this is a chance to review those festering sores of bad movie pulchritude about viruses and plagues and toxins, OH MY!

If you're a reviewer, or ever wanted to review a movie, grab some hand sanitizer and join the party.  Go to the page linked to in the banner, find the banner size appropriate for you, copy the URL to the splash page and include it in your review.

Oh, yeah, and don't forget to let me know about your review so I can update the splash page!

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:12:12 PM »

Darn, I have no movie in my grasp that deals with viruses or diseases to review.  Too bad...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
wtffilm
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 02:08:46 AM »

Darn, I have no movie in my grasp that deals with viruses or diseases to review.  Too bad...

Check out THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE if you can - it's up for viewing on YouTube thanks to the questionable status of its distribution rights, and a plague figures quite prominently in its plot.  Plus it stars Robert "I directed THE SLIME PEOPLE" Hutton and Jennifer "THE CRAWLING EYE" Jayne.  What's not to love?

I'll be contributing something myself, Kester, just haven't decided quite what as of yet - will update you when I know.

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
http://www.wtf-film.com / http://www.colemanfrancis.com
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »

wtffilm,

Welcome aboard Kevin!

Can't wait to see which bit of plague filled b-movie pulchritude you decide to review.

TeddyR

InformationGeek,

Do you have any of the Mill Creek multi-movie sets?  There's quite a few movies that might qualify to be found on those.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 03:54:23 PM »

InformationGeek,

Do you have any of the Mill Creek multi-movie sets?  There's quite a few movies that might qualify to be found on those.

No I don't sadly.  However!!  I now am able to be able to watch The Andromeda Strain, 70s verison.  Will this count?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »

InformationGeek,

No I don't sadly.  However!!  I now am able to be able to watch The Andromeda Strain, 70s verison.  Will this count?

Sure, why not.

It's a classic.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:26 AM »

InformationGeek,

Dam! I read this post and thats the first film that pooped into my brain as well! That and George Romero's the CRAZIES.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »

InformationGeek,

Dam! I read this post and thats the first film that pooped into my brain as well! That and George Romero's the CRAZIES.

There's lots of movies that use a plague/killer virus meme.  Most zombie films do, though Resident Evil and 28 Days Later are probably closer to the spirit of this roundtable than most, as do some vampire movies. In a pinch someone could always review Satanic Rites of Dracula.  I believe that has a plot involving a plague. Or something.  BounceGiggle

Granted the killer virus movies are not as obvious as most other disaster movies with their titles (The Omega Man, Agent Red, Twelve Monkeys, The Stand, &tc) but a few are: Flu Bird Horror (or whatever sciffy called it), Pandemic, Contagion*, et al.

Too, some movies blur the line between contagion and parasite: (Alien) Contamination, Alpha Incident, Biohazard, The Terror Within, et al.

Then again if you write a really good review abouta really bad movie taking care to play up the plague aspect I'm sure no one will notice the movie's really about parasites, drag queens from outer space, or whatever.

Wink  TeddyR

(*) I have this on DVD but have never watched it.  It's supposed to be super horrible bad.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 09:49:32 PM »

This week Information Geek's Reviews scrutinizes The Andromeda Strain as only Information Geek can.  Very interesting analysis.  For instance: "The only one who can stop the bomb is Mark Hall, because of the Odd Man Hypotheses. I’ll spare you the details and say he is the only one who can do the job because..."

Bomb?  Odd Man Hypothesis?  You'll have to read the review to find out more.   TeddyR

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Do you have May Movie Fever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.