Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:18:40 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45
Author Topic: The Worst VHS Cover Artwork!  (Read 368415 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #285 on: March 08, 2010, 03:23:28 PM »

So, does he actually ride a flying pizza like a skateboard in the movie, or is that just artistic licence?

You know, they've had the technology for flying pizza skateboards for years, but the government won't let them release them because they're thought to be too dangerous/delicious for children.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #286 on: March 08, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »

A bloody axe on the sleeve of a horror movie, how absurd! Buggedout

Well I don't wanna open it now, nor ever, I can't even return the gift!

You should probably remove the skewer when you eat!

A giant hand lights your hair on fire and raises you up to burn a giant eyeball-- you are initiated!

Links are not working.

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »

I see them alright.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #288 on: March 08, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »

So, does he actually ride a flying pizza like a skateboard in the movie, or is that just artistic licence?

You know, they've had the technology for flying pizza skateboards for years, but the government won't let them release them because they're thought to be too dangerous/delicious for children.

I heard something similar, except that it was being suppressed by an unholy alliance of Big Oil and Burger King.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »

I heard that they were all set to go into production but they just couldn't arrange the dough.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2010, 03:04:51 AM »

Woman: Uh.. honey?  There's a little guy behind you with a tiny gun at your back.
Man: And there's a guy behind you, pointing at you and holding a gun.  Aw crap.. there's a giant hand about to hit me on the head with his gun, isn't there?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »

Super Dude, you really need to look more excited.  I mean look at it.  You've got guns that Dirty Harry would kill for.  Oh wait.  They're apparently only those little playdo shapers. Well, at least you can balance a woman on top of one of them and you're several hundred feet high.  Plus your name is SuperDude! 

A guy called SuperDude isn't allowed to look that grumpy!  ... Of course with that name, you should probably be dressed like a surfer and wear a cape, but we'll worry about that after the grumpy thing is taken care of. 

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »

Who needs an artist? Just use a grainy, high-contrast photo and some watercolours. Nobody will ever know it isn't a painting.

---------------------
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2010, 04:14:43 PM »

Who needs an artist? Just use a grainy, high-contrast photo and some watercolours. Nobody will ever know it isn't a painting.

GAWD that movie is borring. A friend of mine found it at a thrift store. We tried watching it. we TRIED.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
retrorussell

« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »

This was also on the movie poster.  Somehow it scared me as a kid.  But this is silly: a disembodied woman's hand with a cat head grafted onto it?  It looks like Thing from the Addams Family had a wife who was the unfortunate victim of a scientific experiment involving a cat head.   TeddyR

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #295 on: March 10, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »

This was also on the movie poster.  Somehow it scared me as a kid.  But this is silly: a disembodied woman's hand with a cat head grafted onto it?  It looks like Thing from the Addams Family had a wife who was the unfortunate victim of a scientific experiment involving a cat head.   TeddyR

LOL. I remember thinking at the time what a goofy poster that was. A lot of horror movies used to scare me as a kid, or rather the ads on TV did. The Legacy was no exception, but seeing that picture in the newspaper ads, my reaction was more WTF? At first glance, I thought it was a weird little ghost with a cat's head, which actually would have made more sense than what I saw on closer examination. A cat's head with a hand grafted on the bottom? I dunno, maybe it's just two separate things combined, but it sure looks like a weird-ass science experiment.

---------------------
retrorussell

« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2010, 10:34:16 PM »

I saw The Legacy for the first time several years back.  Boring and stupid, even with Roger Daltrey in it!

This could very well be the most blah vhs cover I've ever seen.  How boring!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:14:47 AM by retrorussell » Logged

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2010, 09:16:11 AM »

I saw The Legacy for the first time several years back.  Boring and stupid, even with Roger Daltrey in it!

The problem with that one, for me, is that my first impression is of someone inside looking out, and then it becomes clear it's the other way around. That's the problem with a black figure at a window in a black wall - not much in the way of reference points. That and there is nothing overtly threatening about the guy. Once again, you have to think about the situation, and by that time, it's too late for a real gut reaction. I'd have made the woman a bit easier to discern, and given the silhouette a knife or some kind of weapon. That would at least convey an immediate sense of danger.

And what exactly is going on outside? It's pitch dark in the room, yet it appears to be either sunrise or sunset outside. Or maybe a thunderstorm. Or the background from a Ralph Bakshi cartoon.

---------------------
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

The problem with that one, for me, is that my first impression is of someone inside looking out, and then it becomes clear it's the other way around. That's the problem with a black figure at a window in a black wall - not much in the way of reference points. That and there is nothing overtly threatening about the guy. Once again, you have to think about the situation, and by that time, it's too late for a real gut reaction. I'd have made the woman a bit easier to discern, and given the silhouette a knife or some kind of weapon. That would at least convey an immediate sense of danger.

And what exactly is going on outside? It's pitch dark in the room, yet it appears to be either sunrise or sunset outside. Or maybe a thunderstorm. Or the background from a Ralph Bakshi cartoon.

I'd have to agree with you.  It's vague at first glance.  Someone could stick a different title on the bottom like, "Let Me Out of This Hellhole" or "Dumbass, You Left Your Teenager Outside" and I wouldn't know the difference except that there's a lot of darkness. 

It looks to me like more attention was put into the dark clouds behind the "deadly" intruder.  Hell, I would warrant that the activity in the clouds is probably more interesting than the movie.  I'm guessing this film starts off lightly tense, drops off for about 45 minutes, then tries to pull it all together in the last act.  I'm only making that guess based on the cover art, of course. 

See: The world conquered by Yu Suzuki!  See: Evil search lights coming out of his eyes!

Axe + strawberry jam + satin sheets = COVER ART!

Portrait of a Rambo knock off

Did someone order this "cover" out of a Scholastic Newsletter, complete with markers?

Alright, honey, I need you to draw a movie cover for me.  Draw a guy that looks like Peter Petrelli holding a knife, and throw in an ugly hooker for good measure.
retrorussell

« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2010, 11:08:42 PM »

Hey buddy!  Turn your high beams off!  I can't see!

It looks like plastic was put all over the floor in a basement where flooding was imminent.  A mouse scurrying underneath the plastic was killed by the chop of a hatchet.  Eek!

Yeah, very bland cover.  Just some doofus off the street posing.  Woo!  I'm a stud!

This one makes me think the giant knight is saying, "Ere now!  That'll be enough smooching for you two!  Bugger off!", while the two-headed dragon looks to be in bad shape with 3 holes blasted through it and blood dripping from its maws.  "Fear our fire, puny humans! (cough cough)  We will crush you and burn down your vill.. villa.. ugh.. villages." (hack wheeze)

I guess they needed to stress just how BIG the killing was!  Stupid.. and she looks like a store mannequin.  How is this cover supposed to draw interest?[/quote]

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.