Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:09:10 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  WWE, ECW, UFC, WCB. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: WWE, ECW, UFC, WCB.  (Read 26371 times)
venomx
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:20:30 AM »

WWE, ECW (B4 Vince Mcmahon bought it) UFC or Boxing ...

Is there any bad movie people here that like any of those?

If so, Thats great I do too, do you have any favorite wrestlers or fighters? Favorite Match?

My favorite wrestlers- Ultimate Warrior 90's, Undertaker mid 90's, and Hulk Hogan 80's.

My favorite MMA fighters- Frank Shamrock, Lyoto Machida, and Kimbo. (for entertainment only)

My favorite ECW wrestlers- Tazz, Sabu and The Pitbulls. 

My favorite Boxer of all time- I only have one ... Iron Mike Tyson "Kid Dynamite" 80's.

I have some trivia if you think you know your old school WWF, How did Undertaker turn babyface in the 90's? hint - Macho Man" Randy Savage. Thats all I'm saying. Do you have any trivia? Ask away.

Some favorites- Undertaker vs Ultimate Warrior - Rampage 1991.

Small | Large

BTW- Like I said, I like Kimbo for entertainment only and I can't believe Dana White signed him to UFC.

If you know Kimbo I know about this right? LOL.

Small | Large
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:38:49 AM »

Well I still watch WWE although I often wonder why. My fave wrestler is C.M. Punk nowadays. Like him even more he's turned into an intense heel. But really I've liked him since around 2004 when he was in ROH. The best wrestling I've seen the last decade has come from ROH and NOAH (JAPAN) most consistently aside from the scattered great match on a WWE PPV.

I prefer wrestling the way it used to be..kayfabe..played a though for real. I grew up loving 80s wrestling...the WWF (Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat were the best), the NWA (Ric Flair, Road Warriors, Koloffs, Dusty, Midnights, Rock 'n' Rolls), the AWA (Nick Bockwinkel, Rick Martel, Curt Hennig, Larry Zbyszko, Jimmy Garvin), Calgary Stampede (young Owen Hart, Makhan Singh, Cuban Commandos, Great Gama, Dynamite Kid), World Class Freebirds, Von Erichs, Hernandez, Brody), the UWF (Eddie Gilbert, Steve "Dr. Death" Williams, Sting, Terry Taylor, Chris Adams), Canadian International Wrestling (King Tonga, Dino Bravo, Rougeaus, Garvins). Today's wrestling makes me sad it bares so little resemblance to what I grew up with yet I still watch it as every now and then, a few of the competitors still surprise me.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 05:31:07 AM »

ECW, pre the crap they're panning as it now, was magic in the ring.  Out of all the wrestling matches I went to in my life, the two house shows for them in Worcester, MA go down as my favorite.  Myself, my father and a bunch of my friends went and it was nothing like I had ever seen before.   

ECW however got to the point where it couldn't outshock itself anymore with the violence factor.  Its sad too because they had some damn fine technical wrestlers grace their ring who put out some fine bloodless matches. 

Being an 80s guy, I can spin yarns with you about the promotions back then.  WWF, NWA, WCW, AWA, GLOW, etc. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 05:45:30 AM »

I was a fan of both wrestling and boxing when I was a kid in the 1970s.

Wrestling:  Some of the big names of that era were: Ivan Putski (my favorite), Chief Jay Strongbow, Sgt. Slaughter, the Golden Terror, Bruno Sammartino, Andre the Giant, the Wolfman, Professor Tanaka, Mr. Fuji, and Killer Kowalski.

Boxing:  I watched a lot of good fights with Ali, Frazier, Foreman, and Spinks.  Boxing was so much better in those days.  Many bouts actually went the distance.

My nephews were really into wrestling a few years ago, so I took them to a couple of events.  Saw guys like the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio.  Ho-hum (yawn).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »

I watched wrestling up until this last year, when we got rid of cable. I started watching when I was in grad school ('88-'91) because it was the funniest thing on TV. Roddy Piper, Bobby Heenan and Randy Savage would get into some classic battles of wit (though Savage came to the fight only half armed  Twirling).

My favorite wrestlers are Roddy Piper, old-school Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer), Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho. These guys are/were always entertaining to watch.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »

I was a fan of both wrestling and boxing when I was a kid in the 1970s.

Wrestling:  Some of the big names of that era were: Ivan Putski (my favorite), Chief Jay Strongbow, Sgt. Slaughter, the Golden Terror, Bruno Sammartino, Andre the Giant, the Wolfman, Professor Tanaka, Mr. Fuji, and Killer Kowalski.

Boxing:  I watched a lot of good fights with Ali, Frazier, Foreman, and Spinks.  Boxing was so much better in those days.  Many bouts actually went the distance.

My nephews were really into wrestling a few years ago, so I took them to a couple of events.  Saw guys like the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio.  Ho-hum (yawn).
Taker and Rey Mysterio are actually really decent.  Don't know what show you saw them on, but I've seen them have great matches.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »

I've been watching 80's  AWA wrestling on classic espn.  honeslty. it's more fun than alot of the WWE stuff if you ask me
venomx
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »

lester1/2jr- I've been watching that too, a match with the late great Curt Hennig aka Mr Perfect.

Derf- Roddy Piper was awesome. I really miss the 80's ... Bobby Heenan, Randy Savage. WWE now, Its just a bunch of pretty boys with tattoos imo. Fact - you cant replicate 80's wrestlers. (never ever)

Burgomaster- Ivan Putski Polish Power. finishing move- Polish hammer! I'm 35 but I remember that, my Grandpop let me watch wrestling when I was really young. Also I have a photo from a signing appearance w/Sgt. Slaughter and Slaughter put a mini (fake) Cobra Clutch on my son. But I think my son was too young to know wth was going on though lol.

The DarkSider- I was at 3 house shows 90's, maaan let me tell you I loved it! ... "violence" was not the word. I remember Buba was fighting with someone in the crowd and started choking him to the ground, police came and everything. (good times)

BTW- the answer to that Undertaker trivia- Undertaker turned babyface because Jake "The Snake" was waiting in the back with a chair ready to hit the late great Miss Elizabeth over the head. Something like this - Macho man opened the back curtin for her and Jake had the chair ready to go ... but wait ... whats this? Undertaker's hand grabbed the chair (stopping the chair). Jake said what are doing man!? Undertaker then gave Jake a bad cold look ... lol (sorry for my bad story tellings), the rest was history.

Edit- The DarkSider Yes!!, I remember G.L.O.W. ... Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling! (good times)

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:43:23 PM by venomx » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »

Fact - you cant replicate 80's wrestlers. (never ever)

Sad but true.  I started watching it at the ripe old age of 3, back in '87.  Only Kindergarten student to have a Rowdy Roddy Piper lunchbox (I liked the 'heels', I guess.)  But, I gotta say, the WWF did have a great run from '96 or so until around '01.  They still had some older guys involved, like HBK and Undertaker, plus Stone Cold Steve Austin (my all time favorite wrestler), as well as HHH, Rock, Dudley Boyz (followed them in ECW), Edge and Christian and Kurt Angle.

Recently, I did attend a WWE house show.  I finally got to see Tommy Dreamer in action (I was always a ECW fan, but due to age constrictions I couldn't get in at the ECW arena here in Philly, and they went out of business.)  It was an okay show, for a house show.  Cena, Big Show, Christian, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk and Dreamer were pretty good in their matches.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

I was a devout WWF/E supporter from 1993-2000.  I loved it, even though looking back on some of the early 90's stuff after they started losing all their all stars was pretty weak.  Some of the people they pushed into main event spotlights back then were pretty questionable.  It wasn't until the late 90's that WWE really took off, but just before they bought WCW it all started going way downhill. 

I still like watching some of the old matches on Youtube, mainly anything with Bret Hart, Yokozuna, or Undertaker.  I also do find the Elimination Chamber matches kinda fun to watch, even if it does feel like it's just a lame excuse to sell toys. 

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

These days, I'm more of a UFC guy, but only if I can happen to catch it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:02:38 PM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
venomx
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »

Joe on your 2nd youtube video-Some Bret Hart Great World Titles Wins, Hart vs Yokozuna who is that saying- What!? NO ... NO ... NO ...  NOWAY! NOWAY! > I know the other guy is Vince, any clues? Maybe "mouth of the south" Jimmy hart?

edit - LOL nevermind I know now ... thats the Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Hey, anyone remember Berzerker? LOL I loved the Undertaker vs Berzerker battles.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:27:07 PM by venomx » Logged
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 10:27:49 PM »

I used to watch Pro Wrestling, but once Hulk Hogan came along in the mid/early-80s, it became very monotonous. I watched a little in the 90's, and promptly quit when Hogan came back on the scene. Once in a while I watch the old AWA matched others spoke of, which were actually AFTER I lost interest.

I watch lots of MMA, I really don't have many favorite fighters, I'm more of a fan of the fight. There are some that I don't care for though, but more for their behavior outside of their fights (I can't stand the Diaz brothers, don't care for Diego Sanchez, liking BJ Penn less and less every day, don't care for Matt Lindland at all). There are also fighters I root against simply because their fans are so annoying (Wand Silva, Fedor, Shogun, Penn). There are also a couple that I don't look forward to watching because their fights are often boring (Machida was for a long time, Tim Sylvia). But, I look forward to anyone that gets in there with the intention of getting it done, way too many of those to list here.

Also, there was a web site I saw several years ago that had a HUGE list of pro wrestlers, whet their real name was, when they died and what they dies of. If anyone knows of a site like this, let me know. I've googled everything I can possibly think of and haven't come up with it. It was very interesting.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:29:45 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
venomx
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 10:55:27 PM »

I can't find the one about how they passed away though.

Real names list ...
http://www.pwwew.net/people/real.htm

Jake "The Snake" Roberts = Aurelian Smith, Jr ??? wow ...

Plus ... I have more trivia, who was Undertaker's very 1st manger? 1991 (think about it)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:57:49 PM by venomx » Logged
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »

Here is a list of Wrestlers who have died and the cause if known
http://www.pwwew.net/people/dead.htm

Of course my favorite wrestler of all time is LORD HUMONGOUS. Lots of people donned the hockey mask over the years as Lord H, most notably Sid Vicious who in the video below fights the "Master of Pain". The two would go on some years later as a tag team called The Skyscrapers, "Master of Pain" becoming Mean Mark Callous. Callous would go on to later fame as The Undertaker.

Small | Large

On a side note former exotic dancer Gorgeous George (Stephanie Bellars) who was Randy Savage's girlfriend/ringside help in the 90s eventually married Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein AKA Paul Caiafa, former guitarist for the Misfits. They have a daughter whose name is, I kid you not, Boriss Von Frankenstein.  Thumbup

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »

Plus ... I have more trivia, who was Undertaker's very 1st manger? 1991 (think about it)
The Million Dollar Man brought him in didn't he?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  WWE, ECW, UFC, WCB. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.