Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:12:51 AM
714325 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Toys of yer childhood « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Toys of yer childhood  (Read 22051 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 12:43:25 PM »

I was also really into the Kenner Aliens toys...

They're actually quite nice designs, on the whole.  Props to whoever did them.  I had every Alien (though not all the marines - I subbed in GI Joes, and all the humans were fodder in my battles anyway) except the swarm/wasp alien.

I had all the aliens too and no marines!  Thumbup

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 09:04:53 PM »

I had this guy, ODIN the Viking Chieftan by MARX

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »

And speaking of Little People, I had quite a few of them, back when they were smaller and simpler. The Play Family Village saw a lot of use.

Ah, dude!  I had the exact same village!  Also has the huge boat that went with it (in fact, my mom still has the boat and several of the people, she keeps them for when the grand kids visit.)  Lots of memories there.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 09:54:25 PM »

No kidding. My parents also kept the Little People toys around for neices, nephews, grandkids, etc. I had the village and the farm, and they saw use from the 70s right through the 90s. Funny how the village stood up to my friends and I for years, little visiting cousins for years after that, and my brother's kids had the thing falling apart after a few visits. Thing stayed in mint condition for about 20 years, and they managed to break it. Those kids had a talent.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
BTM

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 11:42:48 PM »

No kidding. My parents also kept the Little People toys around for neices, nephews, grandkids, etc. I had the village and the farm, and they saw use from the 70s right through the 90s. Funny how the village stood up to my friends and I for years, little visiting cousins for years after that, and my brother's kids had the thing falling apart after a few visits. Thing stayed in mint condition for about 20 years, and they managed to break it. Those kids had a talent.

Wow.. how could you break that stuff?  It's all pretty much just one or two huge pieces of plastic.  That's be like snapping a Duplo block in half...

Hey, speaking of such, did you have the bridge that connects the two sections of the town?  I remember a couple times I'd disconnect the bridge from one part of the town and noticed it would "swing" rather nicely, so I'd set the action figures in front of its path and hit them like baseballs!  Hehe!

:P

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 02:05:43 AM »

On mine, the bridge was an integral part. The whole thing stayed in one piece with the two halves hinged off the bridge. The hinges were where it got broken. The two halves were pretty much indestructible, but they no longer folded neatly for storage after the nephews got at it. It was just two discrete pieces that detached from each other, and a bridge that was kind of on its own.

---------------------
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »

On mine, the bridge was an integral part. The whole thing stayed in one piece with the two halves hinged off the bridge. The hinges were where it got broken. The two halves were pretty much indestructible, but they no longer folded neatly for storage after the nephews got at it. It was just two discrete pieces that detached from each other, and a bridge that was kind of on its own.
I'm pretty sure that's the same as the one I had as a kid. The bridge had a stoplight on it, right?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 11:13:33 AM »

I used to have these:

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 11:16:08 AM »

I'm buzzing on nostalgia !

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 11:17:45 AM »

I had all the Street Shark toys! That was until my dad threw them all in the bin, just 'cause I didn't eat a sandwich.  Bluesad

Doggett

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 11:19:39 AM »

I had all the Street Shark toys! That was until my dad threw them all in the bin, just 'cause I didn't eat a sandwich.  Bluesad

YIKES !

Dude, that's harsh.

Bluesad

Cthulhu

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2009, 03:14:23 PM »

I had all the Street Shark toys! That was until my dad threw them all in the bin, just 'cause I didn't eat a sandwich.  Bluesad

YIKES !

Dude, that's harsh.

Bluesad
Yeah, that's really cruel. Bluesad
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's the same as the one I had as a kid. The bridge had a stoplight on it, right?

Yep, you turned a little wheel that made the colours change. That was one of the best features for me. Thinking back, I can remember that traffic light was pretty cool for being so simple. Hard to say which I liked better, that or the mail slots at every address with hard plastic letters that not only fit the slots but also stacked in the back of the mail truck. Then again, the fire siren was cool, and the working hoist in the garage and the jail cell that opened and closed by turning a knob on the outside. Great toy.

---------------------
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 06:42:03 AM »

Anyone else have Beetlejuice toys?

Most of my Beetlejuice toys were sold behind my back.

Cthulhu

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »

Anyone else have Beetlejuice toys?

Most of my Beetlejuice toys were sold behind my back.

Wow. When?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Toys of yer childhood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.