Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:21:30 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Hall of Fame or Shame: The Music - Inductees Discussion Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Hall of Fame or Shame: The Music - Inductees Discussion Thread  (Read 79638 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »

Oingo Boingo join the Hall of Fame. This American 70s-80s New Wave band has a bit of a cult following I'd guess you'd say. They certainly have their bad movie/B-movie  connections what with Danny Elfman as songwriter/vocalist (Forbidden Zone, Weird Science, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, My Best Friend is a Vampire all used music performed by the band) so I'm not terribly surprised at their inclusion here although I do feel it's fitting anyways.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2010, 06:49:47 PM »

T. Rex, the 60s-70s English Folk Rock/Glam Rock band enters the Hall of Fame. Let the children of the revolution rejoice.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »

Limp Bizkit was put to shame. Not sure that should really surprise anyone. Updated Halls on Page 4.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2010, 10:48:12 AM »

Limp Bizkit was put to shame. Not sure that should really surprise anyone. Updated Halls on Page 4.
Not really.  They're pretty laughable.  Although, eh.  I got some of their cd's stocked away somewhere.  I was young.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »

Bob Dylan joins the Hall of Fame (not really all that surprising that although it took a little while) while Bon Jovi joins the Hall of Shame (most of us who voted for them called them a guilty pleasure). Updated Halls on Page 4.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:30:37 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »

Bon Jovi joins the Hall of Shame.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »

Ray Charles joins the Hall of Fame. Certainly cn't argue with that. Terrific musician, I myself own his Greatest Hits.

Foreigner joins the Hall of Shame. Probably would have had a chance against much lesser competition...

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »

The Who join the Hall of Fame. Rock legends and rightfully so, this was hardly surprising. Personally I really like "Behind Blue Eyes" and "Pinball Wizard" best I think. Great performers and hugely influential, they definitely belong in the Hall of Fame.

The KLF join the Hall of Shame. The most shameful thing about the KLF arguably was their retirement performance where they fired blanks over the audience out of a machine gun and thereafter dropped a dead sheep at the aftershow party although it still stands as one of the most unforgettable stunts pulled at the BRIT awards. They originally planned to dump buckets of blood on the audience. The KLF were an outrageous acid house electronica band known for doing wild and outlandish things quite unlike any other bnd. Personally I love a lot of their music but most of all their work as The Timelords and particularly their song " Doctorin' the Tardis" which samples the theme music and Gary Glitter. The KLF were also known as the JAMS and the Justified Ancients of Mu-Mu. They are perhaps best remembered for their hit "Justified and Ancient" that they performed with Tammy Wynette. The KLF often used samples of other music in their music with use of a digital sampler. As the KLF, they also had hits with "What Time is Love?" and "3 A.M. Eternal" by which time KLF were largely doing a lot of their own stuff. The KLF were controversial yet also outspoken and used a sly, cunning sense of humor and often some form of symbolism to often send a message about something or another of importance to them.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:09:55 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »

The Who join the Hall of Fame. Rock legends and rightfully so, this was hardly surprising. Personally I really like "Behind Blue Eyes" and "Pinball Wizard" best I think. Great performers and hugely influential, they definitely belong in the Hall of Fame.

I think I'm the only one to vote against them.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »

The Misfits join the Hall of Fame. While no doubt popular on this site for their frequent musical tributes to B-movies, the Misfits were also you could argue pioneers - certainly they were when it comes to the Horror punk subgenre and their music, especially from the late 70s, early 80s is certainly some of the best in terms of hardcore punk. I'd definitely agree with anyone who says the Glenn Danzig led Misfits were the best version although I also liked the later more metal sounding Michale Graves version. Still in whatever form, some elements remained the same - the horror, bassist Jerry Only, the B-movie tributes, the make-up, the devilock, the fiends and the fast, hard music.

Updated Hall page 4.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:30:30 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »

Devo join the Hall of Fame. This band is quite unlike any other with a style that has shifted from punk rock to new wave. Their stage performances are quite unique too blending science fiction themes with deadpan surrealist humor and satirical social commentary. Their sound, their look, their videos, everything make them unique and original, an act all their own and one quite good too!

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:59 PM »

Nightwish joins the Hall of Shame. This Finnish Symphonic Metal band has made waves in the past but didn`t prove quite so popular on this board. Updated Halls Page 4.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »

Run DMC joins the Hall of Shame. Personally I always rather liked Run DMC. They were very much one of the first truly popular mainstream rap/hip hop successes. As a kid, I remember them having a rock rap style sound that truly seemed unique at the time as these guys seemed bad and could rhyme and rap but also seemed quite capable of rocking too. I thought as a kid they were extremely cool and I constantly played their music pretending I was as "bad" as they were. Personally I thought their cover of "Walk This Way" was better than Aerosmith's version (I never really liked Aerosmith, who are in the Music Hall of Fame here btw., that much though so I'm not the best judge with regards to them).

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2010, 07:34:38 AM »

Run DMC joins the Hall of Shame. Personally I always rather liked Run DMC. They were very much one of the first truly popular mainstream rap/hip hop successes. As a kid, I remember them having a rock rap style sound that truly seemed unique at the time as these guys seemed bad and could rhyme and rap but also seemed quite capable of rocking too. I thought as a kid they were extremely cool and I constantly played their music pretending I was as "bad" as they were. Personally I thought their cover of "Walk This Way" was better than Aerosmith's version (I never really liked Aerosmith, who are in the Music Hall of Fame here btw., that much though so I'm not the best judge with regards to them).

A lot of people seem to disregard rap as nothing more than a bunch of wannabe gangsta's rapping about money and ho's and fast cars.  While that may seem the norm for most modern rap, acts in the '80s like DMC, Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash, and even the N.W.A were more than that.  Did they talk about violence in the streets? Yes, but I saw it more as a call to have more political activism from the people in charge, rather than GLORIFYING it. 

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »

Oh I agree with those sentiments very much Happy and I'm actually a fan of those you named but especially Run DMC and Public Enemy.

Twisted Sister joins the Hall of Fame. Let all the SMFs rejoice! As a kid, I thought this band rocked and were badass like no other. I remember constantly playing Stay Hungry over and over again to the point I eventually wore out the cassette. "I Wanna Rock" and "We're Not Gonna Take It" stand the test of time as rock anthems not to mention the latter often being embraced by workers on protest or strike although I really love a lot of their slower songs like "The Price". They mixed in elements of heavy metal and are usually thought of as a glam metal style band but their shock appeal also brings to mind Alice Cooper but there was a certain  youthful rebellious mood to their music as well that I believe is what really first made the band appeal to me so much, that and their over the top funny, very entertaining music videos. But well IMO, Twisted Sister just plain rock 'n' rolled and did it well.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Hall of Fame or Shame: The Music - Inductees Discussion Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.