Main Menu

The Indianasmith Appreciation Thread

Started by Mr. DS, May 17, 2010, 08:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umaril The Unfeathered

Quote from: diamondwaspvenom on September 10, 2011, 08:09:34 AM
It's always nice to have someone on a forum who shares your religious beliefs.   :smile: :thumbup:

As well as some of the political beliefs you have,  AND it dosen't hurt that Indy's a fellow Elder Scrolls fan, as well as his love for arrowheads. If nothing else, he and I can spend long hours telling tales of our adventures in Tamriel, of which we have many.

You're a good guy, Indy. Have a few on me  :cheers: :cheers:
Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!

Ed, Ego and Superego

On many issues Indy and I disagree, but I will say that you can always trust him to have a thoughtful, insightful, and kind word to share.  You might not agree with his answers, but they are always GOOD ones.  Toast to you man.
-Ed
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Flick James

They say you only really hurt the ones you love.

TAKE THAT, INDY! AND THAT! AND THAT!
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Mofo Rising

indianasmith routinely makes short little posts about odd and obscure movies, generally with good things to say about them. His posts have intrigued me enough to check them out (the most recent was YellowBrickRoad). More often than not, I find them gems hidden in the rough, and the only reason I would have paid them attention is because indianasmith brought them up.

indianasmith is now on my short list of people who's movie recommendations I can trust. This is high praise for me. The guy has a singular eye for really good movies. I'm an acolyte now, if indianasmith says it's worth checking out, I know it will indeed be worth looking into.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

tracy

Quote from: indianasmith on May 17, 2010, 10:34:05 PM
Aw, fellers, what can I say?

Jist an ole Texas boy doin' his job!
A great guy who is intelligent and a fellow Texan. :thumbup:
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

alandhopewell

I often find myself in agreement with his beliefs, his political stance, but most if all, his ability to stand up and be a mench, a man, which is rare today.

People like Indy are part of the reason I came to Texas. If you ever trip through Whitney, dude, look me and Trace up, 'hear?
If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

Couchtr26

Indianasmith, it always fun to read your comments and they are always something that provokes some thought on my part.
Another Bethesda fan is always good as well.   :cheers:  It is also to have someone that has interest in history and human artifacts. 
Ah, the good old days.

indianasmith

I forgot this thread existed. 
It's coming up on ten years since I joined this site; I've never regretted doing so.
What a great group of friends I have found here!

The only thing that makes me sad is that so many of the people who posted on this thread are now gone from the forum . . . and I do miss them. :bluesad:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on June 23, 2017, 08:49:00 AM
It's coming up on ten years since I joined this site; I've never regretted doing so.

The only thing that makes me sad is that so many of the people who posted on this thread are now gone from the forum . . . and I do miss them. :bluesad:

True words, brother.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Pacman000

Quote from: Jack on May 18, 2010, 06:57:30 AM
I was just telling my wife about this guy on the internet who lives in Texas and collects arrowheads.  He's got a whole wall full of them!  "Did there used to be a lot of Indians in Texas?"  She asked.  Well, I said, I don't imagine the arrowheads just got there by themselves  :teddyr:

Here's to Indy, Just like Indiana Jones but better, because he doesn't come with Shia LaBeouf as a sidekick  :cheers:
Texas is actually an English/Spanish version of an Indian word, Tejas, which means friend.

Quote from: indianasmith on June 23, 2017, 08:49:00 AM

Yes. Where have they gone?

Many kind words to Indy here, and I can't improve on any of them. Still, let's add something:

The fossil Indy uses as an avatar pic is cool. I've wondered this for years; Indy, did you find that?

indianasmith

Yes I did, twenty years ago, on a field trip with my 7th grade Texas history class.
The one in the pic is actually a cast of the original fossil, though.
The real one is in a glass case in front of our school library.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Pacman000

Quote from: indianasmith on June 23, 2017, 10:22:03 AM
Yes I did, twenty years ago, on a field trip with my 7th grade Texas history class.
The one in the pic is actually a cast of the original fossil, though.
The real one is in a glass case in front of our school library.
That's cool. What sort of animal was it?

indianasmith

Mosasaur Clidastes - a 25 foot sea lizard.

javakoala

Quote from: indianasmith on June 23, 2017, 12:04:11 PM
Mosasaur Clidastes - a 25 foot sea lizard.

I used to date her sister. Never felt comfortable with her offers to perform oral sex.   :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:
I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.

ER

There are a few people here who truly make BMDO the good place it often is, and Indy is one of them.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.