Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:56:54 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Songs/Bands/Albums That Have Grown On You « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Songs/Bands/Albums That Have Grown On You  (Read 11564 times)
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »

I used to hold a very hardline position that U2 didn't do anything good since The Joshua Tree, and thus I didn't listen to anything they did after that high-water-mark release. My wife, who is a U2 fan, has tempered me a bit, and I actually like a few things they did after that.

Replace Joshua Tree with Achtung Baby, and that's the same way I felt for quite a while.   Smile

An artist I loved as a child, "grew out" of, and recently started digging again, is Tom T. Hall. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 01:25:48 AM »

Crash Test Dummies
Small | Large

I didn't dislike them or anything, I just never heard any other song except "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm". Having listened to their other songs, I find them to be funny, quirky, and rather unique.

and

Daft Punk
Small | Large

I foolishly dismissed them as your run-of-the-mill "techno" band years ago and have recently given them another try. This song and video made me a fan.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 08:32:29 PM »

The Beatles---was never a big fan until recently.  Started buying their cd's and quite like them.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 12:46:26 AM »

I love the Dixie Chicks and since Maines is on a leave of absence, the sisters have formed a group called "The Courtyard Hounds". I thought it pretty much sucked for a while. Then one day I popped it on, and it's damn good.

4mln2W3ym3Q
ArmyOfMachines25
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 09:47:43 AM »

The Dead Kennedys Frankenchrist album, im a huge DK fan but this album was not my favorite. But its gottan a lot better the more ive listened to it
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 02:49:58 AM »

CCR , Boston, Cheap Trick and Lynyrd Skynyrd have grown on me more and more over the year to where I really like their music nowadays...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 07:16:42 AM »

I didn't like 90s era Duran Duran until more recent times.
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 07:53:26 AM »

Motörhead - I've been listening to hard rock and heavy metal since I was 10 years old, but I never had any real interest in this band. I guess that may have been down to the fact that "Ace Of Spades" is incredibly overplayed and that I was attracted to more image conscious bands early on. What triggered it was when I found an old compilation cd I'd thrown together that had the song "Deaf Forever" on it (hadn't actually listened to this cd at all), and was subsequently blown away. I bought album after album, and now I almost have the entire Motörhead discography. I admit the band still sounds a little samey on nearly every record and Lemmy's vocals took me a while to properly appreciate, but they are just a kick ass rock n' roll band.

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART
THIS!
The first time I heard Trout Mask Replica - "What the heck is this?"
The fifth time I heard it - "This is pretty good"

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »

Cannibal Corpse I was never a big fan of Death Metal but these guys have grown on me a bit over the years.

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 12:28:37 AM »

Crispin Glover and New Wave in general. I'm not crazy about too many bands, but I've grown to appreciate certain songs.
claws
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »

The Bangles. I sort of liked them back in the day but wasn't exactly crazy about them either. In fact, "Eternal Flame" got on my nerves real quick.
Been listening to their version of Hazy Shade of Winter a lot lately. The more I listen to it the more I think it must be the greatest song of 1987.
Synced my iPod with Bangles Greatest Hits (except Eternal Flame) and have been playing them on my way to work every day.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 02:49:31 AM »

Crispin Glover and New Wave in general. I'm not crazy about too many bands, but I've grown to appreciate certain songs.

Crispin Glover is a pretty good definition of hit-or-miss. I will say that I think the song "Getting Out of Bed" is the best example of schizophrenia set to music I have ever heard. The expansive craziness of the music, combined with the bizarre "flatness of effect" of the lyrics just strike me as sounding exactly what it must be like to suffer from schizophrenia. I love it, but it's unsettling.

Also, I love this version of "Ben."

Small | Large

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 03:05:03 AM »

Puddle of Mudd.

When they first came to my attention they were associated (to me) with bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit, two bands I detest. That's not unwarranted, apparently Fred Durst was instrumental in getting the bands attention. According to Wikipedia, the band is not happy with that connection.

However, I think the band has made some great songs, although I haven't followed them. "Blurry" is a fantastic, heart-felt song, and "She Hates Me" is pop-rock perfection.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 06:59:22 AM »

Pavement - Brighten The corners (1997)

I liked Pavement but wasn't that impressed the first few times I heard this. I thought it sounded quite samey and nothing really stood out except the 1st single "Stereo"...it's probably now in my top 10 albums of all time, and I think every song on it is genius! - except the 2 tracks written by the bass player but they're pretty good as well

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:06:53 AM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Songs/Bands/Albums That Have Grown On You « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.