Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:41 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How to find local B-Movie or Midnight Movie Theatres? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to find local B-Movie or Midnight Movie Theatres?  (Read 12692 times)
.bg.
New Visitor

« on: October 07, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »

I've spent a couple hours searching around the web (as well as this site) trying to find a list of theaters that show b-movies, midnight movies, repertory films, etc... without any luck. Is there any site/database out there that has this information in it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »

They don't have many in my area anymore, at least not in the suburbs.  Usually need to go into Boston or Cambridge.  Try looking in an "offbeat" newspaper if there is one in your area (like the Boston Phoenix . . . or they had one in Atlanta called Creative Loafing when I was there years ago).  They usually have information on this type of stuff.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »

There aren't many of those around anywhere. You might want to try using the word "revival" in your search. I grew up in Los Angeles, where we had lots of those theatres. There are less of them now, but the New Beverly is still around. The New Beverly is awesome. They show a different double-feature every day, ranging from classics to b-movies to foreign films to grindhouse to you-name-it. And they also stick in currently running indy films here and there. One night you could see a double feature of spaghetti westerns, then the next night two Hitchcock films, then the next night Plan 9 from Outer Space and Robot Monster. Unbelievably cool.

So, unless you're planning to move to SoCal, you're stuck with whatever you can locate through Internet searches.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »

And if anyone doubts at all just how badass the New Beverly Cinema is, check out their October callendar:

http://www.newbevcinema.com/calendar.cfm

Makes me want to move back right now.

Pilgermann

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »

And if anyone doubts at all just how badass the New Beverly Cinema is, check out their October callendar:

Oh my goodness!  And their ticket prices are awesome, to boot.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »

Oh my goodness!  And their ticket prices are awesome, to boot.

I know. It makes me homesick.

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 04:38:23 PM »

Well if you're not living in the major cities in America, most likely they'll be groups of people who bring movies to cinemas, either on a tour or a newly formed production company ( and then they disappear and then a new one rises in it's place).

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:50:51 PM »

I had to join up with a film club to watch such movies with like-minded people. We just borrow a space that was made specifically for club events and do our own screenings. Once in a while one of the museums in town shows more obscure films (that should tell you just how desperate they can be for cash; charging for admittance just doesn't cut it anymore).
.bg.
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 01:07:59 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys.
I'm in the Southeast, but I have been able to locate a place in Nashville called the Belcourt. belcourt-dot-org
Seems to have something similar to what I'm looking for- hoping to check it out when they play the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 next week!
major jay

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »

We have the Oaks Theater here in Pittsburgh.
They showed Duke Mitchell's Mafia Massacre Style and Gone With The Pope a few weeks ago.  Smile

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »

Gone With The Pope

How was it?  I want to see that sucker, but I'll have to wait for the DVD.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
major jay

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »

I loved it! It was hilarious. I think anyone who enjoys trashy films will feel the same. It's politically incorrect, has plenty of bad acting and doesn't pretend to be anything but a really fun movie. Unfortunatly, from what I've read, Grindhouse Releasing is in no hurry to put it on dvd. They're going to keep it on the midnight circuit for quite some time.  Bluesad 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How to find local B-Movie or Midnight Movie Theatres? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.