Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:42:47 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: TV episodes that scared you?  (Read 91489 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »

When I was little, I used to get scared overhearing adults discussing TV shows and movies I was still too young to watch. Trilogy of Terror, for example. A vague mental image of a doll that comes to life and attacks people was all I needed to freak me out.

One show that really got to me (surprising, considering I was in my early teens), was an episode of the new Twilight Zone. The one with the boy who's afraid of his grandmother, who really is scary and turns out to be a witch. Really frightening. I see now it was adapted from a Stephen King story by Harlan Ellison, which explains how it managed to be such a well-constructed little horror tale.

Speaking of the Twilight Zone.....another one that creeped me out was the classic episode where a very young Billy Mumy had a toy telephone that allowed him to talk to his grandmother from beyond the grave.

That one, and the one where the lonely old spinster kept getting calls from her deceased boyfriend as a result of a downed power line that landed on his headstone in an old cemetery. 

It seemed that in the Twilight Zone, long distance was the next best thing to being there  Wink

It was YEARS before I'd answer the phone, if it rang at night.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »

This episode of NIGHT GALLERY (in fact, it aired with "green Fingers"....)

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »

Speaking of U.F.O. do you remember that one?
It was sometime in Earth's future, when an Earth Defense Force group known as SHADO silently hunted down a group of aliens who landed on Earth and infiltrated society.  That was a great show, even moreso when Commander Straker would pull up in that custom-made car with the batwing doors. I loved that car!

Oh yes, how could I forget that series! I had a superbig crush on Gabrielle Drake in her purple wig and I wanted to knock Ed Nelson on the head and steal his car: I probably would have had a hard time lying on my back driving the thing though.  TeddyR

There was one UFOepisode which chilled me: one of Straker's men lost his wife prior to joining SHADO and when an alien was killed, the autopsy revealed that some of his wife's organs were in the alien's body.  Buggedout Buggedout

I remember that episode.  Another one I remember is where an alien had one of SHADO's men cornered in an outside area, always taunting him and making fun of him because the guy couldn't see him.

It was a big cat and mouse game, until the alien was finally killed when the guy spun around in a circle with an assault rifle and killed the alien with a lucky salvo.   

The alien was slightly out of sync with time. UFO was a show I never missed.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »

Ran across this episode of The Muppet Show again recently. I found this bit creepy and disturbing as a kid, and growing up seems to have only made it more so.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2012, 07:42:40 AM »

The Doctor Who series Spearhead From Space with its' mannikin killers.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »

The show "FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE SERIES" had some creepy episodes, as did the first season of WAR OF THE WORLDS.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »

I'd forgotten how scary the final episode of Twin Peaks was ~ I can still hear Kyle MacLachlan saying "How's Annie? How's Annie?"  Buggedout Buggedout

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »

"The Tune In Dan's Cafe" episode of NIGHT GALLERY; it was on the same night as  "Green Fingers", about the haunted jukebox that played the same song, and got stuck on the line, "Till death...."

Small | Large

True story. My younger brother and I were home by ourselves one night; I was sixteen, he was ten. We didn't know that the song from TTIDC was a real song until it came on the radio....

We ran out of the house so fast, we didn't even lock the door.

ChaosTheory

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2012, 02:30:28 PM »

"The Doll" episode of NIGHT GALLERY.  there was another NG, I can't remember the title but it involves a Nazi who's hiding out in South America and becomes obsessed with escaping into a painting, that one creeped me out pretty good.

"The Masks", "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" and "He's Alive" episodes of TWILIGHT ZONE.

A lot of the monsters from THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS were pretty scary: The Boogeyman, Mrs.  Rogers, The Sandman to name a few...

Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2012, 03:32:01 PM »

I can't remember the title but it involves a Nazi who's hiding out in South America and becomes obsessed with escaping into a painting, that one creeped me out pretty good.

I remember that one. It had Sam Jaffe as a former prisoner who recognized him. And I remember a woman mocking his desire for a simple, peaceful life.

Looked up the title, and it's The Escape Route. Must try to find that one and watch it again.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

My wife turned me on to BUFFY, THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, and this was one of the really creepy episodes....

Small | Large

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2012, 07:09:07 AM »

The Professionals episode Discovered In A Graveyard is very creepy in parts ~ one of the main characters is shot down and left for dead by an assassin and the character is shown at his front door, his white T shirt riddled with bloody holes waiting for the hearse to come and collect him.  Buggedout Buggedout*

*SPOILER:

He does survive the shooting. 

Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »

Small | Large

I think the last ten seconds of this thing speak for itself.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2012, 07:31:34 AM »

Re my first post about the McCloud episode Someone's Out To Get Jenny  Buggedout Buggedout

I ordered a McCloud set last month that has this episode on it and received it two hours ago. I watched it and got a panic attack from years gone by. It is still creepy and yes, it still scares me.  Buggedout Buggedout

But having said that: thank you Dennis Weaver, thank you Cameron Mitchell and thank you, Julie Sommars!  Cheers

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2012, 05:24:04 AM »

The Department S episode The Ghost of Mary Burnham is a vague memory I have of being really scared where a man's wife is shot dead in front of him and the next night he returns home, only to find her standing on the doorstep smiling at him.  Buggedout Buggedout

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.