Main Menu

Friday By Rebecca Black

Started by Mr. DS, March 29, 2011, 12:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InformationGeek

Quote from: indianasmith on April 22, 2012, 07:55:45 PM
OK, so my comments on her winning the GOP nomination were a little off.

I do hear that she is on the short list to be Mitt Romney's running mate, though.

The question is this though.  She is more qualified than Sarah Palin was for McCain?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Flick James

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Leah

Quote from: Flick James on April 23, 2012, 06:07:23 PM
BLACK IS BACK! HALLELUJAH!

F.A.I.L.
I revived it so because there's a song much, much worse than Friday, Flick  :lookingup:
yeah no.

Flick James

Quote from: El Toro Loco on April 24, 2012, 05:57:04 PM

F.A.I.L.
I revived it so because there's a song much, much worse than Friday, Flick  :lookingup:

It ain't MY fail, friend. I'm not the one that keeps bringing the Rebecca Black thread back to the front page, I just make fun of the situation every time it does. I think it's perfectly fine to make fun of the badness of Rebecca Black. I just think it's hilarious that people talk about how much they can't stand her yet there is page after page of commentary. It seems to me the members of the board can't get ENOUGH of her.

Rev. Powell

F.A.I.L.

There are many, many, MANY songs worse than "Friday" by Rebecca Black. But there are few that are that bad AND that entertaining. "Friday" is the PLAN 9 of pop music in my book.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Flick James

Quote from: Rev. Powell on April 24, 2012, 07:05:26 PM

F.A.I.L.

There are many, many, MANY songs worse than "Friday" by Rebecca Black. But there are few that are that bad AND that entertaining. "Friday" is the PLAN 9 of pop music in my book.

What's funny is that all this time I have yet to hear the song. My amusement comes from that fact that I don't even HAVE to hear the song to marvel over the fact that there are 9 pages of commentary about it on badmovies.org. That to me is hilarity incarnate.

indianasmith

Hey, what can we say?
Once you try Black, you will never go back! :teddyr:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Flick James

Quote"Friday" is the PLAN 9 of pop music in my book

I thought it was a part of Plan 9.

Pacman000

Today feels like a Friday, so....

From what I've seen the video isn't that bad.  It has decent lighting, FX, etc.  The song is bad.

Mr. DS

She has a new single out, she should thank the music gods for auto tune and pro tools.
DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall

Leah

Quote from: Flick James on April 24, 2012, 07:09:10 PM
Quote from: Rev. Powell on April 24, 2012, 07:05:26 PM

F.A.I.L.

What's funny is that all this time I have yet to hear the song. My amusement comes from that fact that I don't even HAVE to hear the song to marvel over the fact that there are 9 pages of commentary about it on badmovies.org. That to me is hilarity incarnate.

well then, guess we have to tie you down with duct tape, and put Friday on 111, 100 more than 11.
yeah no.

Leah

Quote from: Mr. DS on May 08, 2012, 07:42:13 AM
She has a new single out, she should thank the music gods for auto tune and pro tools.
actually, my friend Alex said the auto tune is the reason she sounds so bad and that she can actually sing well.

Also, WHO MADE THIS A STICKY THREAD?!
yeah no.

Archivist

Oh, the terrible joys of Friday!  Rebecca Black, purest priestess of the chillaxing pre-weekend party!  Come, bestow upon us the wisdom of the Order of Days, the Making of Breakfast, and Choice of Seats!  And we, the Faithful of Nox, will celebrate thy blackest light unto the End of the Week!

Gather we now to muster our voices in the cry of the Friends of Rebecca!

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN ...
"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus

indianasmith

I think I am going to shamelessy copy that!!! :teddyr:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Archivist

Thanks, indianasmith!  :teddyr:

Unlike most others who were prewarned of this song's badness, I inadvertantly came across Friday in one of those 'related videos' lists in YouTube.  The thumbnail made it look like another cute teen singer like Selena Gomez or somebody.  As the song progressed, I could not quite believe what I was hearing.  Surely a professionally produced song couldn't be that bad?  And the thousands of comments offering death threats and marriage were equally perplexing.  Little did I know I had stumbled across the infamous Rebecca Black.

I find the Bret Baker Slutty Friday song even funnier and more catchy.  I find myself singing 'wee wee ...  I just went wee wee ... and p**sed my paaaanties to-day' at the oddest times.  Everyone in the office has been subjected to Rebecca, and she has given me and my friends (fun fun fun fun) heaps of laughter.

Thanks, Rebecca!  Thanks, YouTube!
"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus