Main Menu

When will you die?

Started by RCMerchant, April 29, 2011, 08:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

When I was around 12 years old (1976), I was convinced I would die young.  I thought I would never live to see the year 2000 . . . it seemed so far away.  Now, the year 2000 has come and gone . . . it didn't turn out to be such a big deal (no individual-sized spaceships flying around instead of cars like I expected when I was a kid).  I'm still here.  Try getting rid of me now.  I'm 10 feet tall and bulletproof.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

BoyScoutKevin

Really. I don't know. On one hand my father's side of the family is known for their longevity. On the other hand, my mother's side of the family is known for their short life spans, relatively speaking, because heart disease runs in that side of the family.

But, I have always had a feeling, I would not die till there was a Democrat in the White House and a king on the throne of England. As I was born in the year that Truman was in the White House and George VI was on the throne of England.

With Obama being in the White House, I only have to wait till Prince William takes over from his grandmother, and I'll be proved right.