Main Menu

A special thread for my Dad

Started by Trevor, May 16, 2011, 08:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Tomorrow it'll be eleven years that this big light went out in my life: I promise not to be sad and I think I'll watch a few of my Westerns in his memory.*

*Just not The Hateful 8 because Dad would have asked "WTF is wrong with that coffee?"  :teddyr: :teddyr:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

316zombie

my memories of my da,  and my FIL, they are among the best! enjoy your memories, my friend!  :cheers:

Trevor

14 years gone and still ever present in my daily life.

claws

It's nice to keep the memory alive as long as it doesn't hurt all the time. My dad passed away 5 1/2 years ago. My grieving phase lasted a few years but time will heal the pain.
When the family gets together we sometimes reminisce about dad and the 'good ole days.' It is unavoidable not to get wet eyes, but that is a natural and healthy reaction.
I like to think the loved ones who passed away are in a better place now. That thought helps.
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Quote from: claws on May 23, 2022, 04:15:14 AM
It's nice to keep the memory alive as long as it doesn't hurt all the time. My dad passed away 5 1/2 years ago. My grieving phase lasted a few years but time will heal the pain.
When the family gets together we sometimes reminisce about dad and the 'good ole days.' It is unavoidable not to get wet eyes, but that is a natural and healthy reaction.
I like to think the loved ones who passed away are in a better place now. That thought helps.

Sending hugs to you for your Dad: I think my Dad would be quite happy to know what I'm planning in order to take care of Mom.