Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Stand-up Comedy « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Stand-up Comedy  (Read 6675 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »

Andrew Dice Clay  NSFW
Small | Large

Jim Breuer
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »

Good to see somebody else on here likes Dice. Used to be a fan back when he was at his peak. He's not in my top ten, but I like him. I thought it was unfair that he happened to come along just before that big wave of political correctness in the early 90s. He became a lightning rod. And people had a tendency to confuse him with his stage persona, and they didn't quite get what he was doing or what he was making fun of.

Andrew Dice Clay was a better comedian than people give him credit for. I used to own his double album, The Day the Laughter Died. That was a live performance in a small comedy club, that received no advance publicity, so he had a more diverse audience who were not expecting to see him. As I understand it, Dice had not planned out his performance ahead of time, and just went out and winged it. Some of the material fell flat, but overall the result was pretty amazing, with some great audience reaction and interaction. I especially liked the part where he demonstrated that comedy is as much in the delivery as in the material, by doing a whole segment that was complete nonsense, but in a way that suggested it should be funny. People were confused at first, but he pressed on with the experiment, and they started to laugh. Then somebody says "I don't get this." To which he replied "You think I do?"
(NSFW)
Small | Large

As for my favourite comedy acts:

Bill Cosby
George Carlin (earlier, before the bitter ranting)
MacLean and MacLean
Don Harron (more of an actor than a comedian, but his monologues as Charlie Farquharson cracked me up as a kid)

More current:

Jeremy Hotz
Small | Large

Russell Peters
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »

The Amazing Jonathan
Small | Large

Rich Vos...who I believe is the first white comic on Def Comedy.  Funny...NSFW
Small | Large

Good to see somebody else on here likes Dice. Used to be a fan back when he was at his peak. He's not in my top ten, but I like him. I thought it was unfair that he happened to come along just before that big wave of political correctness in the early 90s. He became a lightning rod. And people had a tendency to confuse him with his stage persona, and they didn't quite get what he was doing or what he was making fun of.

Andrew Dice Clay was a better comedian than people give him credit for. I used to own his double album, The Day the Laughter Died. That was a live performance in a small comedy club, that received no advance publicity, so he had a more diverse audience who were not expecting to see him. As I understand it, Dice had not planned out his performance ahead of time, and just went out and winged it. Some of the material fell flat, but overall the result was pretty amazing, with some great audience reaction and interaction. I especially liked the part where he demonstrated that comedy is as much in the delivery as in the material, by doing a whole segment that was complete nonsense, but in a way that suggested it should be funny. People were confused at first, but he pressed on with the experiment, and they started to laugh. Then somebody says "I don't get this." To which he replied "You think I do?"
(NSFW)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDPoPSVMmO0

Dice is great.  I was too young to hear his stuff in the '80s, but when I was around 13 or 14 back in '98 I found a collection of his old albums.  I remember him doing a family sitcom that was decent too.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Stand-up Comedy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.