Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:35 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  My Band's Songs! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Band's Songs!  (Read 3947 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 11, 2011, 05:42:40 PM »

They are finally here!! Questions and feedback are very much appreciated.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »

very good. I like the oldskool metal sound you have  Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »

First off dude, well done for being in a band, keeping it together to get to the stage of recording your music and then bothering to upload it on the internet. All I used to do was play gigs, with different drummers and bassists every week, get too drunk, get into fights on & off stage and try to force the other guys to wear spandex and lip-gloss.

As you know, I'm not that keen on the black/death metal style that much, but what you have sounds cool. I don't know what your role is in the group but the drums are very good, I like the riff in the first track and everything sounds tight. Reminds me a bit of Witchfinder General. Vocals just sound a little too rough in the mix and the lyrics could be worked on.

Smile

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:10:41 PM »

First off dude, well done for being in a band, keeping it together to get to the stage of recording your music and then bothering to upload it on the internet. All I used to do was play gigs, with different drummers and bassists every week, get too drunk, get into fights on & off stage and try to force the other guys to wear spandex and lip-gloss.

As you know, I'm not that keen on the black/death metal style that much, but what you have sounds cool. I don't know what your role is in the group but the drums are very good, I like the riff in the first track and everything sounds tight. Reminds me a bit of Witchfinder General. Vocals just sound a little too rough in the mix and the lyrics could be worked on.

Smile

Your feedback is very much appreciated.  Smile Thumbup

As far as the vocals go, I can understand where you're coming from. I'm planning on e-mailing my friend soon because I also find them to be kinda rough in the mix.

Answering your question, I'm the vocalist/guitarist/bassist.

Coming to the lyrics, I admit that the words in "They Bite" in particular are pretty cheesy. My lyrical skills as you can probably see are not quite the greatest. But then again, our goal was to be a cheesy metal band "singing" about bad movies.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »

First off dude, well done for being in a band, keeping it together to get to the stage of recording your music and then bothering to upload it on the internet. ... Vocals just sound a little too rough in the mix and the lyrics could be worked on. Smile
Well said, fairly and honest.  The praise of keeping a band together, recording, uploading are well founded.   Thumbup  

Lyrical content is about vocal delivery.  I think the vocals are the weak link for me, but I'm not a fan of that gargling an egg vocal style.  It's not hardcore anymore, it's just posing.  Whoever does the vocals probably HAS a voice; urge him to try singing, as flamboyantly or experimental as he'd like.  Find the band's VOICE.  Who are you guys?  What makes you unique?  The frontman singer is the face of the band; you all need to dig it.  If it's got to be the frog-throated growl, so be it.  But with your efforts and solid drumming... think about it.  I think you've got something there, diamondwaspvenom.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »

"They bite" is really good. The production and sort of attack if you will is curiously restrained for metal. like you've got it on 9 instead of 10. needs to be just a little more brutal!
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »

"They bite" is really good. The production and sort of attack if you will is curiously restrained for metal. like you've got it on 9 instead of 10. needs to be just a little more brutal!

I appreciate your honesty.

We're not exactly trying to be a brutal metal band, we're leaning more towards the "Holy Crap this band is so cheesy but awesome" direction.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »

Hmmm. Spare production and avoidance of the nu-metal sound. Both are pluses in my book.

One of these days I'll have to post some stuff from my band in the mid-90's I was in. If I ever get the courage to do so, that is.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:59:34 AM »

You have a pretty nice Classic Doom metal vibe going. Kinda a more heavy Sabbath.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 07:47:21 AM »

Thanks for the feedback dudes!  Smile

What you see in the videos are actually demo versions of the compositions. I've written some more songs and I plan on convincing my friend to re-record the ones that I've shown you guys. I'm a perfectionist at heart and I really want the songs to sound good, especially when it comes to the vocals.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  My Band's Songs! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.