Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:20 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Jurassic Park IV work confirmed!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jurassic Park IV work confirmed!!!  (Read 3979 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: July 29, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31565

I got so excited I had to get the tissues out and wipe myself down!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:00:35 AM »

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31565

I got so excited I had to get the tissues out and wipe myself down!

You didn't have to wipe the keyboard off too, did you?  BounceGiggle

All kidding aside, this looks pretty good.  Although, I admit, I had a bit of a time processing the fact that, in part 3,  a Spinosaurus winds up taking down the King Of Dinosaurs ( T-Rex).

Oh well, in Shaw Brothers movies, the guys wind up getting stabbed 100 times or have as many arrows sticking out of them, and manage to still take down a whole army, or jump up 100' in the air onto a rooftop  Wink

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »

Cool news. I may be one of the few, but I actually enjoyed Jurassic Park III... and wouldn't mind another film in the series. They appeal to my inner dinosaur-lovin' 8 year old.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 02:14:16 PM »

So $teven $pielberg's back squeezing on the 'ol prehistoric teet eh? I thought JPIII was a vast improvement over the diabolical JPII, but I don't see the need (other than money) to make another film after so long? Kids and Doggett's the world over will obviously eat it up but I'm only curious as to what the hell plot is going to be.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:38:48 AM »

I admit, I had a bit of a time processing the fact that, in part 3,  a Spinosaurus winds up taking down the King Of Dinosaurs ( T-Rex).

The Jurassic Park movies were great for taking a dinosaur that was relatively unknown to kids and making it popular. The T-Rex is extremely cool and popular, but there are loads of generic T-Rex toys out there. Jurassic Park came out, and kids were suddenly wild for Velociraptors, with Jurassic Park merchandise already ahead of the demand. When Jurassic Park 3 made the Spinosaurus the big badass, I got the impression they were trying to do the same thing.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »

I don't know what to think of this, I'm excited to see another Jurrassic Park movie even if I don't like the Lost World OR JP3. But I guess i'm willing to give this one a chance.

Torgo

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »

A lot of people didn't like JPIII but I thought it was fun and in some ways a more satisfying b-movie experience than part 2 was. I just hope that what they have in mind for IV is well worth it as people have become so desensitized towards CGI, they're going have to have a cool story to properly back it up.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »

I love the Jurassic Park films-even Lost World. Of course now that I have the DVD I can just jump to the dino parts. It doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

My guess on plot would be something aluded to at the end of JP 3 when the pteronodons where flying away from the island. Perhaps the dinosaurs have been able to become establihed on some part of the main land-and truely no longer hampered by the lysine contigency.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 08:36:40 AM »

My guess on plot would be something aluded to at the end of JP 3 when the pteronodons where flying away from the island. Perhaps the dinosaurs have been able to become establihed on some part of the main land-and truely no longer hampered by the lysine contigency.

Would make sense. If I remember correctly, that was already happening at the end of Crichton's first book, or at least he strongly suggested it was.

What I'm really looking forward to is seeing how they incorporate newer scientific knowledge and the revised popular image of dinosaurs. That's something I think of when I look at the original Jurassic Park - how much has changed in 18 years, or even since the last sequel. In 1993, the idea of dinosaurs as birds seemed pretty far out and cutting edge to me. Now, I look at it and kind of marvel at how reptilian the velociraptors appear, all green and scaly, compared to my daughter's books that show them covered in feathers.

I wonder if they'll stick to the established style of the previous movies, or whether we might see something different.

---------------------
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »

However, in the book, they were altered to make them more tourist friendly.
So they might just look like they always did.

The scienst want to create something thats to the customers expectations and that doesn't always mean a truthfull representation of a real dinosaur.

I did like the orange and black raptors in 'The Lost World' oppossed to the grey ones in the first one.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »

However, in the book, they were altered to make them more tourist friendly.
So they might just look like they always did.

The scienst want to create something thats to the customers expectations and that doesn't always mean a truthfull representation of a real dinosaur.

I did like the orange and black raptors in 'The Lost World' oppossed to the grey ones in the first one.

I'm thinking they might consider the expectations of kids going to see the movie, and update the dinos to fit the popular image. It might also allow them to get the jump on all of the makers of generic velociraptor toys that don't have feathers. Could go either way though. I do think we'll see some feathered dinosaurs, even if they leave the raptors the same.

---------------------
Jim H

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 10:42:39 PM »

I might add:

Yeah.  Maybe they'll start calling them what they were much closer to, utahraptors.

I do have to say that I like the reptilian look better than the feathered look.  In general they're not 100% positive all raptors are feathered (or even what the feathers look like, for that matter), it's just extremely likely based on related fossils. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Jurassic Park IV work confirmed!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.