Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:19:01 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Top 100 American Television Series « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Top 100 American Television Series  (Read 37026 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »

60.) The Addams Family
Small | Large

Didn't see this listed.  Should be.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »

61. Eerie Indiana

Small | Large

Such a good show.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

62. The Dukes of Hazzard (1979-1985): When I was a kid, there was no show seemingly bigger or more popular filled with action and car chase thrills not to mention the stunning beauty of Daisy Duke (Catherine Bach) but the real star was always the the show's villains corrupt county commissioner Boss Hogg (Sorrell Brooke) and his cohorts bumbling sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane (James Best) and his deputy Enos Strate (Sonny Shroyer) as they tried to catch the good ole' Duke boys as they race around in their 1969 Dodge Charger stock car called "The General Lee" trying to stay one step ahead of the law but often getting caught up in the middle of various escapades and adventures that go on in the county often setting out to also foil Boss Hogg's schemes along the way.

Small | Large

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2012, 11:16:53 PM »

Law and Order
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Not sure if it's listed, but damn sure should be.  Led to spinoffs like Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Law and Order: UK, and Law and Order LA.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2012, 05:24:26 AM »

64. IN SEARCH OF...(1976-1982)
I always enjoyed this show that investigated the paranormal,ufo's,and other weird mysteries-hosted by Mr.Spock himelf,Lenord Nimoy. A forerunner to shows like UNSOLVED MYSTERIES and the ilk.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »

65) Quantam Leap (1989-1993): Terrific series starring Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett, a physicist who becomes lost in time during time travel experiments but eventually winds up taking the places of others temporarily in order to put right something that went wrong in their lives. Beckett's sole friend and ally his best friend Al (Dean Stockwell) who can only appear to him as an hologram. The show was pretty unpredictable, sometimes tackling social issues but delving within practically every genre under the sun despite being essentially a sci-fi fantasy adventure series.

Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:34:56 PM by JaseSF » Logged

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:10 PM »

66) Dragnet (1951-1959, 1967-1970): Classic crime drama/police procedural series that focused on the cases of Sergeant Joe Friday (Jack Webb) and his partners, notably Officer Frank Smith (played by Ben Alexander) and later Bill Gannon (played by Harry Morgan) in the color 60s series. The stories had a realistic believable, sometimes gritty edge and everything wasn't always played out nice and tidy. The classic black and white series I'd argue had an grittier quality to them but the late 60s series was still quite good and sometimes surprised viewers with the outcomes as well.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:11:46 PM by JaseSF » Logged

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »

67) Dream On (1990-1996): This adult oriented comedy focused on the life of divorcee Martin Tupper (Brian Benben), a book editor pretty clueless when it comes to the modern singles scene who lives with a teenage son and is still good friends with his ex-wife Judith (Wendy Malick). Often they'd insert scenes from classic movies and elsewhere to help emphasize Martin's reactions to things. The series was also pretty adult comedy wise with moments of nudity and lots of sexual references.

Small | Large

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2012, 10:15:28 AM »

68. Wild Palms

Small | Large

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2012, 10:36:29 AM »

69. Buffy The Vampire Slayer

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »

70) One Day At A Time (1975-1984): Long-running comedy sitcom focused on the Romano family, divorced and now single Ann (Bonnie Franklin) and her two teenage daughters the rebellious Julie (MacKenzie Phillips) and the more straight-laced Barbara (Valerie Bertinelli) living in an apartment building in Indianapolis where frequently they are visited by their building superintendent Schneider (Pat Harrington) who eventually takes on a sort of surrogate father role for the girls. The series tackled many real life issues, some of which were particularly controversial. Despite its serious side, the show was frequently funny.

Small | Large

71) The Golden Girls (1985-1992): Consistently entertaining comedy sitcom focused on the lives of four older women sharing a house in Miami, Florida. The characters and their interactions were often quite funny. There was the sex-crazy Blanche (Rue McClanahan), the dense but sweet Rose (Betty White), the more serious and often sarcastic Dorothy (Bea Arthur) and Dorothy's wise and wise-cracking mother Sophia (Estelle Getty) who wasn't very often afraid to say whatever was on her mind.  The show wasn't afraid to tackle issues you rarely saw get discussed openly by older women at this time. While perhaps this was aimed a bit more at a female audience, there's laughs to be found here for anyone.

Small | Large

66Crush
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 01:15:11 AM »

I agree with the guy that said "Dukes of Hazzard." I think people don't understand that it's a parody of redneck life as much as it is a praise for it. The action comedy is such a thing of the past now. I miss shows like this and "The A-Team."
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2012, 07:15:32 PM »

72) Hawaii Five-O (1968-1980): This classic crime action adventure series was quite entertaining and well done. It featured fascinating crime investigations set on the island of Hawaii. Lot of guest star character actors helped make the show great as did regular stars Jack Lord, James McArthur and Kam Fong. "Book 'em Danno"

Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »

66Crush mentioned The A-Team (1983-1987), think we should officially add it to the list here at # 73. Sure it was dumb and loud but it was also very much in vein with the quirky fun of 80s action too.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »

The West Wing.

I love this.
Its so fast paced and witty. And weirdly, reminds me of Star Trek. All that diplomatic, moral dilemma stuff. Each member of the team has their own little job to do and they have a captain...well...president... All you need is comm badges.  TeddyR

I thought it would be boring and only started watching as there was nothing else on. Yes, there are a few cheesy inspirational speeches but it's Martin Sheen and he pulls it off better than Bill Pullman in Independence Day. I'm currently on series three and its a winner. Hope it doesn't go downhill.

Small | Large

The show that taught me that if a conversation is worth having, its worth having while walking through doors.  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Top 100 American Television Series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.