Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:47 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  American Horror Story "There's something wrong with this house" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American Horror Story "There's something wrong with this house"  (Read 2470 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 06, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »

Anyone catch this?  It's a new TV series on FX, started last Wednesday.  The show follows a couple their teenaged daughter who have justed moved across the U.S. for a new start (the wife suffered from a terrible miscarriage and, later she caught her husband having an affair.)  Right away the find out the house has a bit of history to it, the last peopel who lived there (a gay couple) died in a murder/suicide incident and we, the audience other bad things have happened their as well.  

The dad is a psychiatrist and he begins seeing patients from an office at his home.  We're introduced to a troubled teen who has reoccuring fantasies about killing several of his classmates.  Naturally the boy wonders around the house and meets up with the family's troubled teenage daughter.

Those who've watched a lot of horror movies will recognize some familiar elements here, the creepy old neighbor with a developmentally disabled child, a previous tenant of the house who tries to warm the dad that it's "evil", a maid who's worked in the house for an unknown number of years and is promptly hired by the new owners (a maid who, neatly enough, appears to the wife as an older woman, but to the husband as a young, seductive redhead), creepy noises, bad dreams (or are they?) and a couple of possible time jumps (it's not made completely clear how much time passes during the first ep.

Anyway, it's a decent start, lots of hints are dropped about interesting things to come (especially in the preview for next week).   I'll give it a few more eps to see where they go with it.  
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:52:24 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:38:54 AM »

Yep, I saw it. In fact, I started a thread about it yesterday...

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,135932.0.html

(Hmmm...guess I should've put it in the "Television" forum rather than the "Entertainment" forum... duhhh me)

But anyway... yeah, it had a lot goin' on in the first episode but it's definitely freaky/weird enough to keep me tuning in for at least another couple of weeks to see where it all goes.

Could've done without the scene of Dylan McDermott spankin' his monkey though.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
BTM

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »

Could've done without the scene of Dylan McDermott spankin' his monkey though.  TeddyR

Well, in the scene where he and his wife are arguing he's mentioned that they haven't had sex in nearly a year, that and in walking in on Alex Breckenridge "enjoying" herself, well....

BTW, at the beginning of the ep, did anyone else think, "OMG, it's the Weasely twins!"   :)

"I hate tress!"

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  American Horror Story "There's something wrong with this house" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.