Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:51:41 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 106165 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »

Trevor's is obvious; he's made his disdain for SA-bashing well-known!
And, no, I never caught a live alligator.  Darn things are surprisingly FAST!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 06:09:13 PM »

-I have pulled the fire alarm at my school as a gag
-I saved a child from a fire
-I kidnapped my own sister

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »

I'll call 1 and 2 as true, 3 for a lie.

Let me try another:

1.  I have a 3rd Degree black belt in karate.
2.  I have Captain Eddie Rickenbacker's autograph.
3.  I once met a man who had met Amelia Earhart.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »

Hmm..  Indy, I think #2 is the lie.

Three from me, since we're going kinda free form on this.

#1. My bicuspid teeth have an extra root.
#2. I once punched someone in the face for mocking my masculinity.
#3. I don't know how to ride a bike.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:30:09 PM by Jim H » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »

I'll say number three is the falsehood!  And withold comment on my posting to see if anybody else wants to take a stab at it.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »

Nope. The top one was a lie. I actually DID kidnap my own sister. She had recently turned nineteen so she was a legal adult, but she's VERY immature. She tried to run away, but my parents and I knew that'd be a dumb idea. I spotted her trying to sneak out the back door. I went after her and tried to reason with her, but she was on a hormonal rage and wouldn't be reasonable. I chased after her but I'm really out of shape, so she was pretty far ahead of me. She was at the end of the street when Mom came speeding up to us in her Prius. She demanded my sister and I get in the car. My sister refused so my Dad pulled her kicking and screaming into the car. We put her in the back and enabled the child safety locks. She screamed at us how she's an adult and she can call the cops. I told her "Prove you're an adult. Act like one!"

When we got back she called the cops. Mom didn't even care. My parents were chewed out but nobody was arrested. The cops scolded me like I was a twelve-year-old. I didn't care. I didn't regret doing it and I still don't regret it now. Today my sister is twenty-two and still acts like she's in high school, but she didn't have a meltdown like that again. We still have a positive relationship even after all that, and I'm glad that she didn't get away. I don't even want to think about where she'd end up if I didn't give chase. You can say that she was an adult and it was her choice to make, but if you knew her you'd know that despite how old she is she never really matured.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »

Nope. The top one was a lie. I actually DID kidnap my own sister. She had recently turned nineteen so she was a legal adult, but she's VERY immature. She tried to run away, but my parents and I knew that'd be a dumb idea. I spotted her trying to sneak out the back door. I went after her and tried to reason with her, but she was on a hormonal rage and wouldn't be reasonable. I chased after her but I'm really out of shape, so she was pretty far ahead of me. She was at the end of the street when Mom came speeding up to us in her Prius. She demanded my sister and I get in the car. My sister refused so my Dad pulled her kicking and screaming into the car. We put her in the back and enabled the child safety locks. She screamed at us how she's an adult and she can call the cops. I told her "Prove you're an adult. Act like one!"

When we got back she called the cops. Mom didn't even care. My parents were chewed out but nobody was arrested. The cops scolded me like I was a twelve-year-old. I didn't care. I didn't regret doing it and I still don't regret it now. Today my sister is twenty-two and still acts like she's in high school, but she didn't have a meltdown like that again. We still have a positive relationship even after all that, and I'm glad that she didn't get away. I don't even want to think about where she'd end up if I didn't give chase. You can say that she was an adult and it was her choice to make, but if you knew her you'd know that despite how old she is she never really matured.

If it makes you feel better, I believed you kidnapped your sister.  I think it's unlikely you saved a child from a fire, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »

Nobody guessed mine correctly, but it was a bit of a trick. I was raised in Alaska, and am Native Alaskan, but I was actually born in Portland, OR.

I am ordained through the Universal Life Church, who will ordain absolutely anybody who fills out their webform. It was just a goof for me, but I do have a friend who used that ordination to perform two wedding ceremonies for friends of ours.

I have also been to Ecuador where I did indeed eat live ants. I travelled there for a college course, Amazonian Natural History. We had several local guides, who would take us out and show us the local flora and fauna. One of the things they showed us while we were out were lemon ants. True to their name, they taste like lemons. I thought they were good.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »

If it makes you feel better, I believed you kidnapped your sister.  I think it's unlikely you saved a child from a fire, though.

He was playing with an electrical socket. I pulled him away and a few second later the thing spat fire straight up at him. The way I phrased it was kinda bullcrap. I didn't mean from a burning building.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 12:26:12 AM »

1. I once felled a fully-grown tree with my bare hands.
2. I've been on television (as an active participant) at least half a dozen times.
3. I've met three prime ministers of Canada.

The lie is #3; I've never met any prime minister of Canada.

I did, for a while, get invited once or twice a year to appear on a regional program where guests discuss items from the news.

And I did, indeed, knock over a full-grown tree once. I was about 18 and sloshed to the gills at an outdoor party. I went into the bush to get some firewood, missed the pile of cut wood and thought what the hell, I'll do something funny. The tree (a conifer about 30 or 40 feet tall) was dead and in some fairly soft soil close to a dirt path. I was pretty heavily into lifting weights, and probably the fittest I've ever been, but it took some effort to get the tree rocking and keep it going until the roots finally let go. Then I grabbed it by the top and dragged it back to the bonfire, where I was greeted by laughter, applause and a few shocked faces. We had nothing to cut a piece of wood that big, so we just slid it into the fire a few feet at a time until a couple of us finally heaved the roots on, and it was gone.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:28:20 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 01:14:51 AM »

Trevor,

I have paid attention to your posts in the past because of my high regard for you. I remember you saying before that you were born in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), but I'm pretty sure I remember a comment or two demonstrating a fascination for Joan Collins.

However, neither of those matter because I positively KNOW that #2 is a lie.

Correct.

I should just add that I do occasionally like to dress up as Joan Collins and that is no lie.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »

Trevor's is obvious; he's made his disdain for SA-bashing well-known!
And, no, I never caught a live alligator.  Darn things are surprisingly FAST!!!!

TeddyR TeddyR

Correct: I loathe foreign filmmakers who make films which bash my country (I don't mind local filmmakers doing this) but there is one exception to this rule and that is Phillip Noyce, who made the gut wrenching Rabbit Proof Fence which condemned his own country's racial policies and then made Catch A Fire here.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 02:18:20 AM »

Hmm..  Indy, I think #2 is the lie.

Three from me, since we're going kinda free form on this.

#1. My bicuspid teeth have an extra root.
#2. I once punched someone in the face for mocking my masculinity.
#3. I don't know how to ride a bike.

Jim, I'm going to go with 1 and 2 again: I've never met anyone that doesn't know how to ride a bike.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 05:21:38 AM »

Here's mine:

1. In college signed a pledge to fight for Ukraine if they ever sought to break away from the Soviet Union.
2. I have written two novels and between them I've collected more than 40 rejection notices from publishers.
3. I once smoked crack cocaine and it had no noticeable effect on me.

I think the crack cocaine thing was the one thing that seemed so outrageous it must be true. Plus, I'm familiar with how cocaine works. I also like to think that you are creative enough to have written two novels.

I don't believe that you ever pledged anything for Ukrainian rights. Then again, that's a really weird thing to make up. Still, I'm saying #1 is untrue.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 05:39:44 AM »

DS, I don't think you actually went to a comic convention dreseed as Palpatine. I think if you did you would have made it a point to actually use the name Palpatine.

Burgomaster, I think you have had two different girlfriends, one a wiccan and one a stipper. You're obviously a lady's man, but I don't think they were the same girl.

indianasmith, I say you're 3rd degree black belt is bunkum! That's mostly because I have no idea who Eddie Rikenbaker is.

Jim H, I think you have never punched a man for mocking your masculinity. I've been drunk in many bars, and that doesn't happen too much.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.