Main Menu

How's the weather?

Started by Olivia Bauer, January 20, 2012, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

High of 15 and windy today.  Supposed to have a high of 12 by Saturday.  No snow at all in the 10 day forecast though  :bluesad:
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

claws

We've got Hurricane "Xaver" currently causing wind storms, snow storms and rain storms.

BoyScoutKevin

Well, we dodged one icy bullet. I don't think anybody was unhappy to wake up that Monday morning to find that while we did have some precipitation, it never got cold enough for it to freeze, so no 2 or 3 inches of ice.

Except now it may be time to hunker down again, as beginning this evening we are looking for another ice storm to come through. Fortunately, I got enough groceries in this morning to sit it out, till the weather warms up, which should be sometime Monday.

It does mean we looking at a temperature change of 40 to 50 degrees between yesterday Wednesday and tomorrow Friday.

indianasmith

Sleet and freezing rain, 100% chance tonight.
No school tomorrow, rented a bunch of movies, chicken and dumplings cooking on the stove.

Life is pretty good at the moment.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Rev. Powell

Below freezing but it's raining. Snow is coming later.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ER

Weather forecast for today: rain-then-ice-then-snow-then-more-ice.

Sanity forecast for today: Snowbound with a touch of claustrophobia.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

retrorussell

Snow.  Not quite enough in the streets to cause major panic.  Still, I really hope a lot of patients cancelled their appointments at work.  It would have been super busy today.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

claws

We got several inches of snow early this morning. Here's a quick pic I took through our guest room window:

and thanks Imageshack for not allowing me to post a bigger version  :lookingup:

ChaosTheory

Sunny but painfully cold.  It hasn't gotten above zero yet today and it's not likely to tomorrow.
Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me

indianasmith

Brutally cold for NE Texas.  We had a pretty big ice storm Thursday night and Friday and NOTHING melted today.  Not a drip to be heard anywhere outside!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Jack

We got about a half inch of snow and there's 2" - 5" total expected for the day.  maybe I'll even be able to get the snow blower out  :teddyr:  It's only 10 F so the snow makes a nice crunchy sound when you walk on it. 
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

Raffine

Days - Upper 70s/Low 80s
Nights - Low 60s

:teddyr:

(It's supposed to get really cold and rainy tonight - somewhere down in the 40s!)
If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.

Trevor

Raining, raining... and some more rain.  :smile:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

claws

Not surprising, our snow didn't last very long. Temps are now in the mid 40s and its damp/wet, overcast. We are basically experiencing October/Autumn weather at the moment.

Trevor

Still raining! Sheeeeeet.  :twirl: :thumbdown:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.