Main Menu

SONGS THAT MAKE YOU CRY

Started by alandhopewell, February 08, 2012, 02:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaseSF

In the 1990s I had four cassettes from THE SKYDIGGERS I played pretty much every other day (The Skydiggers,  Restless, Just Over This Mountain, Road Radio). Still have them actually.

The song you're wondering about is "A Penny More"..."I will not give you a penny more than you deserve".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYY2i6SKjs
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

Trevor

Dean will like this: The Seekers (Judith Durham, et al) and The Carnival Is Over.

I saw them perform at the closing ceremony of the Sydney Paralympics: wow.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

alandhopewell

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

Mr. DS

I was sitting innocently at work and this song came on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyIGlUoTh9I

Its never had an effect on me in the past but I started thinking about all things in my life I am fortunate for over my many years on the planet.  My wife, my kids, my successes in life, all I've overcome and...well, needless to say I balled a bit and had to leave the office temporarily.  Oh well, I never said I didn't have emotions. 
DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall

Trevor

The ending of I Know You're Out There Somewhere by The Moody Blues: the video accompanying that song always gets me crying. The guy in the video (Justin Hayward) has been searching for his long lost love (who was with the Moodies when they were just starting out) and at the end, he's standing watching a Moodies tribute band playing his songs.

Then he turns from the window and she walks in out of the darkness: wow....... :bluesad:

PS: Still a great song, though.  :smile:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjImFYf2Vzc

alandhopewell

I dunno why, but this version of this song always makes me verclempt....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bdOefF_tyU
If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

Thapplad14

Hey,

I love hiphop music and hearing it makes me feel complete each day. I just love the sound of it.

Newt

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Trevor

Sailing by Rod Stewart.

The opening chords are enough to make me blub.

Trevor

The song Back For Good by Take That was a great song, until the group performed it at the Concert For Diana in London some years back.

The raw emotion of that concert (after hearing both Sailing and I'll Be Missing You performed) and seeing how much people loved the Princess - especially those ordinary people (like me) who had their lives changed for the better either through meeting her or just following her example - had made me cry several times and then Gary Barlow and friends sang Back For Good.

I was a blubbering wreck for quite a while after that.  :bluesad:

Trevor

Faith of The Heart from Star Trek Enterprise:smile:

alandhopewell

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

HappyGilmore

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Javakoala

This one gets me because it was a favorite song of a friend and of mine, and it reminds me of how far apart we live now.

Gypsy - Suzanne Vega

This song is now almost unbearable for me. I miss you every day, Amy.

Suzanne Vega - In Liverpool