Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:48:59 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Wrestlecrap. Worst Wrestling Gimmicks/Angles. Post a Youtube. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Wrestlecrap. Worst Wrestling Gimmicks/Angles. Post a Youtube.  (Read 17695 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« on: April 08, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »

Pretty much what the title says. Pro wrestling has a long history of horrendous gimmicks and bad ideas. As often as something works and gets over, an awful lot of the time things bomb big time and are just plain ridiculous. Sometimes things just don't make any sense. Believe it or not, some actually get a kick out of this stuff and I have to admit a lot of it is funny in retrospect and some is downright hilarious in its awfulness same as is many a bad movie. So go ahead and post a Youtube of a favourite. Stick to one per entry please.

From the AWA, there was Rocky Mountain Thunder! Can you believe Verne and them actually thought this guy would be popular and get over. He's just awful.

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

Ooohhh...I got lots of these. I frequent the WrestleCrap website and have their books.

Tomorrow I can post videos.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 03:41:07 AM »

WrestleCrap....I've known about them for shoot right quite some time, been a member of their forum since 2005 and last year when there was a split between the Wrestlecrap site and the forum I stuck with the forum I joined

ah, memories

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »

I have a soft spot for Arachno-Man and the Yeti that was really a mummy and possibly a ninja. 
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »

The late Giant Gonzales (formerly El Gigante in WCW), a former Argentinian basketball player. WWF put him in a ridiculous muscle suit with fur no less to try and make him look better. Well it didn't really work. Oh he had the size but was just so terrible in the ring.

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »

Small | Large

Months and months of buildup...all leading to....The Gobbledy Gooker?

Although, one rumor I've heard, and Mick Foley partially confirmed it to a degree, was that The Undertaker was gonna debut as "The EggMan"...thankfully they changed their minds.

Vince had to have come up with this last minute.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »

Who in the world thought Mantaur (obviously based on the Minotaur legend) was a good idea for the WWF?

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 09:10:44 PM »

Who is one dumb character.
Small | Large

Who was played by Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart.  Not sure who came up with it, but, it was supposedly a 'dig' on Hulk Hogan.  Supposedly, it was based on the old Abbott and Costello "Who's On First?" routine.

Also, there was a tag team partner lined up for him, named "What."  But, ultimately, they lined Neidhart up with the Harts again in a New Hart Foundation or some such.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »

Oz aka Nash in WCW not sure if this was before or after he was a Master Blaster or Vinnie Vegas

Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »

I never saw Who before but I remember hearing it was pretty bad and that it was obvious it was Neidhart. Nash's gimmicks pre-Diesel were truly terrible indeed. Here we have two bad ideas in one match, veteran Bill Irwin saddled with a silly hockey gimmick as The Goon, supposedly too rough for hockey, and Barry Windham with the silly "Stalker" gimmick.

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »

Barry Darsow is great.  I liked the Repo Man...but it was a pretty terrible gimmick.
Small | Large

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »

Nailz

Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »

Hard to believe Nailz was once "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly in the AWA?! Look him up as Mr. Magnificent and you'll see the difference I'm talking about. All he ever seemed to do as Nailz was choke, choke and choke some more.  BounceGiggle

WWF wasn't alone in bad gimmicks by any means. WCW gave us fat boy white rapper P.N. News.

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »

"The Lava Lamp Lounge", starring Mike Awesome
Small | Large

So, WCW swipes Mike Awesome from a hot ECW run, and got him while he was still the ECW champ.  Despite his great run in Japan and ECW, they broke him down into "That '70s Guy" Mike Awesome where he hosted this...as well as being "The Fat Chick Thriller" Mike Awesome. Buggedout

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »

Seven from WCW

Small | Large

I like how he admitted the gimmick was crap

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Wrestlecrap. Worst Wrestling Gimmicks/Angles. Post a Youtube. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.