Main Menu

Good stuff on TV?

Started by Leah, May 25, 2012, 06:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

doing a complete 180 from this: [http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,137637.0.html
Got any ideas?
Mine:
Top Gear (U.K.)..... Yeah, this is the only good currently running TV show that I like. :lookingup:
But ya know what, I say that there were good stuff on TV, like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casshern_Sins, or this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigun
So, what do you know that is good on TV, and no News crap.
yeah no.

indianasmith

NCIS

BONES

BIG BANG THEORY
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

JaseSF

I'll second Big Bang Theory. Honestly I'm having an hard time thinking of anything else that isn't reruns of some kind. I like those TV documentary type series like "I Shouldn't Be Alive", "Most Evil", "Crime Stories" ,etc.
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

Raffine

Some Current Pleasures, Guilty and Not:

Whitechapel (A suspected serial killer possesing the last know print of LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT? I'm there!)

30 Rock (Just started watching this year. Fey, Baldwin, Morgan, and Krakowski are hilarious)

American Horror Story (Sad to see 99% of the terrific cast dead in the season finale, but that doesn't mean they won't be back...)

Sherlock (Mark Gatiss' modern revision of the Holmes legend is much, much better than I expected. But then again, it's Mark Gatiss.)

Life's Too Short\An Idiot Abroad\The Ricky Gervais Show (Never a huge fan of Gervais' The Office, but these admittedly mean-spirited shows make me laugh - usually at the foilbles of poor Karl Pinkerton and Warwick Davis)

Tanked (Two Los Vegas goofballs and their wacky family build some truly stunning aquariums)

Grimm (so sue me!)

Once Upon a Time (so sue me again!)

South Beach Tow (sue me on this one - and Bernice will toss you in the dumpster, PUNK!)

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.

WingedSerpent

Community. I absolutely love this show.

Fringe. But it will be on its last season when it starts again.
At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

tracy

NCIS
Big Bang Theory
Blue Bloods
CSI New York

I used to like "How I Met Your Mother" but it seems to have sort of drifted away from its original plot and become "The Barney Show".
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

Pacman000

Considering that Alcatraz has been canceled...

I'll second Big Bang Theory and Fringe.

Criswell

Pretty much the only show I love right now is Community. Its so amazing yet never really gets good ratings. Likely because its on at the same time as the Big Bang theory (A show I sorta detest).

Raffine

Community did a really well-done (and hilarious!) spoof of Law and Order a few weeks ago.
If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.

HappyGilmore

Don't watch much tv, personally, but there's a couple I like:
Big Bang Theory
South Park
Franklin and Bash
WWE Raw

Bout it, right there.

Occasionally I watch Kitchen Nightmares with Chef Gordon Ramsey.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Kaseykockroach

30 Rock, nature documentaries. That's about all I watched when I had TV channels.
Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."

bob

WWE, Storage Wars, King of the Hill, Frasier, The Twilight Zone, Seinfeld, Chappelle's Show

yeah -- mostly reruns, most new shows suck
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

tracy

Quote from: Kaseykockroach on June 03, 2012, 01:25:23 PM
30 Rock, nature documentaries. That's about all I watched when I had TV channels.

Ah,my husband and I love nature documentaries.  :smile:
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

the ghoul

I love old 60's sit-coms.

The only current shows I watch regularly are Supernatural and South Park.

The Burgomaster

I always get a few laughs out of IMPRACTICAL JOKERS.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."