Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:14:43 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  A very unrealistic episode of the Ouer Limits « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A very unrealistic episode of the Ouer Limits  (Read 2970 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 12, 2012, 10:51:08 AM »

Yes, does anyone remember the Outer Limits episode from 1997 called Music of the Spheres?  Well in that episode, a young physics student named Devon Taylor receives a strange sound on his radio and calculates the Origin as being from Rigel (or a similar star, I can't remember which one.)  But anyways, Devon believes there is a pattern in the sounds and shows his findings to his fellow students and professors.  Devon's younger sister Joyce listens to the sounds and finds she enjoys them as they sound like music to her.  After repeatedly listening to the music, she develops strange deformations on her skin.  Patches of her skin are turning silvery-gray.  Other students she shared the music with are experiencing similar symptoms.  They are all quarantined.  But they experience terrible pain of withdrawal from not hearing the music.  So Devon and the doctors bring the music to help ease their pain.  Eventually, Devon develops the same symptoms, but slower as he hasn't heard the music as much.  He soon learns that Earth's parent star Sol (or the Sun for all you less-than-informed) is changing.  Its putting out more ultraviolet radiation than normal and at increasing levels.  So most of Earth's population listens to the music in order to be transformed to prepare for the Sun's full transformation.  The Sun eventually turns into a Blue giant star.

Now I should tell you all that this will NEVER happen.  Why?  Well for one thing the Sun is far too small and not dense enough to become a Blue Giant star.  I mean think about it.  What do all Blue Giant stars like Omicron Cassiopeiae, Omega Cassiopeiae, 12 Canis Major, Tau Andromedae and Alnitak have in common?  They are all very large and super-bright stars.  I mean most of these can be seen with the naked eye.  I mean comparing the Sun with most of these stars is like comparing the Earth with Jupiter or the Earth with the Sun.  And also most of these stars are 25,000 times brighter than the sun.  So if the Sun was a blue giant star and the Earth was a safe distance form it, we wouldn't have eyes because the suns incredible ultraviolet radiation would burn out any eyes we had.

In all likelihood, our Sun will go the opposite direction in 5 billion years and become a Red Giant star as it fuses all hydrogen and helium into heavier elements. And by that time, humanity will be extinct.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  A very unrealistic episode of the Ouer Limits « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.