Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:45:38 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The "Criminal Minds" Drinking Game « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "Criminal Minds" Drinking Game  (Read 6777 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« on: November 02, 2012, 12:04:20 AM »

If you value your liver or just have somewhere to be on Thursday (Friday if watching via the 'Net), read no further....

The rules are simple.  Watch the CBS Show "Criminal Minds" and take a drink every time they pull some bs, unsubstantiated horsesnot out of their backside.  You'll be blasted before the second commercial break.

Now, this does NOT include the "Ghost in the Machine" they call Penelope Garcia...a likable enough character, but GOOD GRIEF.  How many episodes end with her saying, essentially, "the bad guy, aka UNSUB, is at {$address} (and yes, she'd appreciate that notation), GO GET 'IM!"

Ouch.

Okay, if you really think you are hard core...or Irish, drink any time someone refers to her as "Baby Girl" or otherwise executes "inside banter" like this is a real job occupied by real people.  Hey...I can say that with a straight face...I've been to my share of infant and child autopsies, so SCREW YOU, MARK GORDON.

Look, I've been to bars and had people give up trying to drink shot-to-shot of 151 Bacardi against me, and the CM Drinking Game has me begging for mercy.  I cannot play it beyond the First Act.  

This show is "that bad."

I double dog dare you....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:28:14 AM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:34:07 PM »

Definitely take a drink every time somebody finds some rare substance, puzzling clue or whatever, and Spencer knows everything about it. Yes, the guy is a genius with a photographic memory, but come on.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:29:48 AM »

If you value your liver or just have somewhere to be on Thursday (Friday if watching via the 'Net), read no further....The rules are simple.  Watch the CBS Show "Criminal Minds" and take a drink every time they pull some bs, unsubstantiated horsesnot out of their backside.  You'll be blasted before the second commercial break.

TeddyR TeddyR

Hey...I can say that with a straight face...I've been to my share of infant and child autopsies

OMG, are you serious, Ulthar? That must have been awful.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »

OMG, are you serious, Ulthar? That must have been awful.  Bluesad

Yes, that is true; that was a big part of a former job.  I shouldn't have mentioned it in this post, though.  Call it a "slip."

My point was that this show is just an insult to the way crimes like this are solved.  Yes, I know it's TV and such...I get it.  But this one is SO FAR beyond anything even remotely believable, even though I am more than willing to suspend disbelief pretty darn far for the sake of entertainment, it's just nonsense.

It really has boiled down to them pulling conclusions out of thin air (ie, NOT profiling any real evidence) and Garcia just magically pulling the solution up on her computer every...single...week.

We've talked about the drinking game quite a bit and finally tried it out just for fun.  I had to give up.   Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 02:22:55 PM »

Garcia just magically pulling the solution up on her computer every...single...week.

Pretty much always comes down to that, doesn't it?

Hotchner: Garcia, pull up everybody who's signed out a library book in the past 30 days.
Garcia: There's two thousand.
Rossi: How many live in a three-block radius?
Garcia: ninety-seven.
Morgan: And drive a green car.
Garcia: Fifteen.
Spencer: The unsub would probably also have a history of littering.
Garcia: Look at that. Just one.
(picture of bad guy appears on the screen)

Wow, I could write for that show. TeddyR

Still, I don't find Criminal Minds as goofy as CSI. Aside from Garcia being able to instantly access and cross-reference information from practically everywhere at once, the technology is not quite as ridiculous.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The "Criminal Minds" Drinking Game « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.