Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:18:02 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Attack On Titan/Shingeki No Kyojin « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attack On Titan/Shingeki No Kyojin  (Read 6129 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 16, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »

Small | Large

Boy has it been a long time since I got hooked on an anime. My oh my Attack On Titan is a real wetdream. Soldiers zipping around like Spider-Man fighting monster ten times their size, using only agility to their advantage. This anime is wonderful on so many levels.

Story - The threat humanity faces is the Titans, a race of giant humans that came out of nowhere. Titans don't need to eat, fornicate, or defecate to survive; but they still eat humans ignoring any other animal. Humanity is fighting a losing battle against something they couldn't dream to beat. Humanity was pushed back into one big concentration of human civilization behind three massive and long walls that give the Great Wall of China penis envy. Humanity's only weapon is the 3DMG (3 Dimensional Maneuver Gear) which allows fit soldiers to quickly zip around in an attempt to strike the Titan in its only known weak spot, the back of its neck. It's a dark anime to be sure as we see people being crushed, eaten, and digested by Titans. (Titans don't defecate so they just puke enormous balls of gore)

Characters - The story spans five years giving ample time for character development. Each character is memorable in different ways. However characters die faster in Attack On Titan than in Game of Thrones. This show has a body count through the roof.

Music - Take the soundtracks for Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, and Skyrim, toss them in a blender and you get...! A lot of broken discs. Take one listen to the theme above and get used to it. It's about that epic. Catchy too.

Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:39:36 AM »

I've been following it myself and agree it's quite awesome. I'll be purchasing the DVDs when Funimation releases them next year.

Interesting fact. In the episode with the researcher telling the two captive Titans the story of a cannibal family and names them Sonny and Bean. The story in question is about Sawney Bean.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 11:39:40 PM »

Small | Large

<3

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

It's a pity the first season is already over. I'm following the manga, but they only release a new chapter once a month and there isn't much happening at the moment. They are even doing a live action movie.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Attack On Titan/Shingeki No Kyojin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.