Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:52:49 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  THE FLASH « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE FLASH  (Read 12267 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: November 08, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »

Again, no buzz about this....

The Flash - Extended Trailer

Not as good as GOTHAM, but still fun. Also, ARROW is still hanging in there, and not going the "teeny-bopper soap opera" route that SMALLVILLE did.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:53:52 PM »

It's because it wants superheroes to be fun is a big reason the Flash as a character in general is a great character.  I've been liking this show and the last few seasons of Arrow because they have been introducing a comic book style universe; and Arrow finally grew out of its "We're trying so hard to be Nolan's Batman its actually kind of sad" phase.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:32:37 PM »

It's because it wants superheroes to be fun is a big reason the Flash as a character in general is a great character.  I've been liking this show and the last few seasons of Arrow because they have been introducing a comic book style universe; and Arrow finally grew out of its "We're trying so hard to be Nolan's Batman its actually kind of sad" phase.

Agreed-both shows now have an interesting texture, but without the angst being the only thing at work.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
WingedSerpent

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »

I am surprised that this show will actually have Gorilla Grood. I figured the cage in the first episodes was just going to be an Easter egg for the fans.  But nope, he's in it.

Also tonight's episode is the second time something from the GL mythos has been named dropped.  First Ferris Air, now Coast City.  I am so hoping for a new Green Lantern show in the future.  They had a pretty decent animated series a few years ago, and I want another.

messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 06:39:33 AM »

After watching every Gotham-episode out there this is the show I wanted to watch next. I hope it will keep me entertained more than Arrow, which lost me after a couple of episodes.

MichaelHutt
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 02:02:39 AM »

Though they wont choose Bart for The Flash but Barry Allen like in the short lived TV series in the 90s. So we will see.
WingedSerpent

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 04:56:44 PM »

This show has been NAILING IT!!!

Last night's episode featured some major character revelations, some brand new rouges, and featured nods to the 90's series that weren't cynical mean-spirited slaps to the face.

This is the best new super hero show.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »

This show has been NAILING IT!!!

Last night's episode featured some major character revelations, some brand new rouges, and featured nods to the 90's series that weren't cynical mean-spirited slaps to the face.

This is the best new super hero show.

I'm still onboard with it....GOTHAM is okay, although it wanders off-point sometimes. ARROW still has too many flashbacks, and the main focus seems to be Oliver blaming himself for everything.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »

Is this better than "Daredevil?"

I have no shame. I'll piggyback one of my posts to almost any other post that is similar, but . . .?! While "Daredevil" is something I have yet to see, reading the comments on it on the world wide web, it did raise certain questions in my mind. To whit . . .

American vs. Foreign

This from someone who prefers foreign entertainment to American entertainment, because he thinks foreign entertainment is superior, but . . .?! Why is it simpler to sell American entertainment to foreigners, than it is to sell foreign entertainment to Americans. We are already seeing posts from Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., asking when this will be streamed in their countries. And when it is translated into a foreign languages or subtitled, I can only see the requests increasing.

DC/Warner vs. Marvel/Disney

There is no reason that DC/Warner could not have streamed something first, but . . .?! That they did not shows the superiority of the management at Marvel/Disney.
Eventually, DC/Warner will probably stream something, but . . .?! Again they lag behind.

I will say something for DC/Warner. They are ahead in one way. In their use of their teen characters, which have already spawned two animated series, and while a big screen film is no longer in the offing, there--apparently--will be a live action TV series on CW. Thus, if you enjoy the "Flash," you should be able to enjoy this new series.

Where do they get these people?

Marvel
casters who no only cast actors who can act, but who also look like the characters from the comic books, more or less. That goes along way in my book.

fighter coordinators. Some of the highest praise has come for the fight scenes in the series.

writers. The Easter eggs included in the series. The Kingpin, who outside of Lex Luthor, is my favorite comic book villain, because of the complexity of the character, and the writers kept that complexity of the character in the series.

Walt Disney Company
Somewhat off topic, but . . .?! Steven Spielberg is going to do his first film for Walt Disney Productions. A big screen adaptation of Roald Dahl's "BFG," which should be released sometime next year.

And, perhaps, more to our hearts, while this idea has been kicked around for sometime, it appears to be nearer to a done deal. Guillermo del Toro's "The Haunted Mansion" based on the theme park attraction and starring Ryan Gosling.

Netflix TV vs. Network TV

While I am too young to remember this, I do know that the TV replaced the radio as the main stay of home entertainment, and if the trend continues, Netflix TV will replace Network TV as the wave of the future.

audience. There are people who would not turn on the TV to watch something, if their life depended upon it, but they will watch something they stream over the internet.

executives. Streaming can pass the chokepoint of the TV executive, especially overseas, and bring a program directly to the viewer.

restrictions. Apparently, less restrictions as to what can be shown, as compared to what can be shown on network TV.

Who wins?

Everyone wins. It's a Trifecta bet.

Marvel wins because they prove they can produce a program that can be streamed, which is good news for the upcoming "Luke Cage" and "Iron Fist."

Netflix wins because just on this one program and what investors see in the future, the price of their stock just went up.

Walt Disney Company wins because they have something else to spread across their multiple platforms.

Sports
Have your photo taken with Daredevil. There is already an Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon, where you can get your photo taken with some of the Super Heroes from Marvel.

Stores
"Daredevil" merchandise, as there is Marvel merchandise, in the Disney stores around the world, and there is a store dedicated to all things Marvel at Downtown Disney, soon to be Disney Springs, the shopping district at Walt Disney World.

Theme parks
There are already meet 'n' greets of some of the Marvel Super Heroes at the theme parks. Daredevil is just one more. And there is the already popular Star Wars Weekends, which I can see also becoming Marvel Super Heroes Weekends.

Cruise ships
Meet Daredevil aboard the ship, just as you can meet Captain America in Marvel's Avengers' Academy. And Star Wars at Sea, where all and sundry Star Wars is will be celebrated this year. Again, I see Marvel's Super Heroes at Sea some day.

When will all this end?

That is the rub, as I have no idea. All I can say is enjoy this Golden Age of Marvel, while you can, as it won't last forever.

So, what is the better show? This or "Daredevil?"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »

If you like "The Flash" and or "Arrow," then you'll love "The Flash/Arrow Comedy Hour." No. Though, there is/was talk of combining the two shows. Whether that was making the two shows into one show, or, more likely, doing crossovers, which may have already happened, which are common enough on TV.

What is yet to happen, as far as I know, is two new TV series based on the characters from DC Comics. One, which does not impress, and one, which does.

The one that does not impress is . . . "Super girl."

The one that does impress, thought it is not enough for me to switch my allegiance back from Marvel to DC is "DCs Legends of Tomorrow."
WingedSerpent

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »

If something strange and catastrophic happens to end all television broadcast-this will still be the best comic book superhero show since Justice League Unlimited ended its run.

I am going to talk about a few plot elements and characters.  Some spoilers below.

Grant Gustin:  Barry Allen/The Flash does a great job of being that young guy who gets super powers.  You could tell that Barry loves being The Flash.  

Tom Cavanagh:  Harrion Wells/Eobard Thawn/Zoom  Plays both mentor and eventually major villain to Barry.  Tom's performance throughout the season really does bring a lot to the show.  Often times his goals and actions seem to be playing off one another but a great big season one bad guy.  

Carlos Valdes: Cisco Ramon  Cisco is one of my favorite characters on the show.  He thinks all the wild superhero stuff is amazing and he takes joy in it.  He's the most fun.  Eventually may take on his superhero mantle of Vibe.

Danielle Panabaker: Catllin Snow A tragic element in her past that gets resolved in the later half of the season.  But she's still a carrying person.  Its nice that she's been a starting player since the first episode, which will make her confirmed transformation into the villain Killer Frost extra tragic.

Oh... and the villains they introduced just in the first season.  Zoom, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Gorilla Grodd, Weather Wizard, Trickster, Pied Pier.  So many of the major Rogue's Gallery on display.  The fact that Barry seems to be forming an understanding with them is something brought in from the comics.  There's been a few fights that the Flash has been able to just talk the bad guy down from.  Again, it shows the type of hero the Flash tends to be.

Special FX wise this is a very heavy show for visuals.  Mostly CGI but for television is looks pretty good.  I particularly liked the fact that whenever Zoom was in full costume he was always vibrating.  That's a nice little touch they brought in from the comics.  

So, yeah.  Really enjoyed the first season of this show and I am really eager to see the second season and the new spin-off Legends of Tomorrow.

Oh..finally from last episode there was this little bit of dialogue:

Captain Cold:  "Ferris Air?  I thought they closed this place down."

The Flash :  "They did.  One of their test pilots disappeared."

___________________________________________________-
Me:  Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:25:44 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 11:37:27 AM »

LOVED the ending of Season 1; didn't see that one coming.

WingedSerpent

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 06:43:02 PM »

Well, season 2 just started, and while I hate to say it, the first episode wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. 

Spoilers below.

Best way to describe it is that it just felt like too much of an epilogue to the season 1 finale instead of its second part.   Most season finale/openers  seem to work best when they either tell one story broken into two parts, or one really finishes off the prior season, while the other sets up the next. 

In the season 1 finale, the Reverse Flash was defeated (erased from time, by his ancestor Eddie Thawne killing himself), but the time travel opened up a worm hole that threaten to destroy the world.  The Flash ran into it, in the vain hope of stopping it.  Cut to the season 2 opener, and its 6 weeks later the city is still around, Flash is till helping people.  But now he's trying to do it all on his own.  And the city is ready to show its appreciation by giving him the keys to the city. But a threat in the form of a meta human named Atom Smasher comes to wreck the festivities.

Through flashbacks, the audience learns that in order to stop the wormhole, Firestorm (a composite being) had to sacrifice one of his human sides to close it.

Ok,  two more problems.  I didn't like them killing off Firestorm.   I'm guessing Ronnie Raymond's sacrifice will play into Catlyn's transfomation into Killer Frost, but I still hated to see him go.

Secondly, I didn't exactly like Atom Smasher being the episode's heavy.  In the comics, he's done plenty of questionable things, but here he was played much as an outright villain, although there was  line at the end that tried to suggest other wise.

Also, Barry Allen's father gets released from prison after Harrison Wells leaves a confession of killing Barry's mother.  So after spending 15 years in Iron Heights, what does Barry's father do?  After a quick party to celebrate his freedom-he decides to leave.  His reasoning is that his absence drives Barry to be a better hero.  A really dumb way to keep the character off screen.

The episode wasn't as bad as I'm probably making it out to be, but after a great first season, this wasn't the follow up I would have wanted.  It did have some good moments, but none I'd really call great. 

I'm still looking forward to this new season.  There was some set up for the new story lines.  I want to see where this show goes.   

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  THE FLASH « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.