Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:50:22 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  IT'S HERE!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IT'S HERE!!!!  (Read 3531 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: May 18, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »

To all my Bad Movie brethren and sistren  (Is that even a word?  It looks weird!):

Today my second novel, THE REDEMPTION OF PONTIUS PILATE, was released on all major online
bookselling sites.  Of the three books I have completed, this is my favorite and, IMO, my best work.
But in this day of vanity presses and self-publishing, trying to get noticed as a new author is a much
bigger struggle than it was for previous generations of writers.  That's where you come in.  I would
like to ask each of you to help me out a bit.  First of all, if you read at all, please buy a copy of my book
in EBook or paperback format.  Read it, review it, recommend it! 
  Secondly, forward the links I've included below to all the people in your social circle who might enjoy
it.  Buy copies to give as Christmas and birthday presents. The more copies out there, the more readers,
the more publicity and the more sales!  Now, for those of you who are located here locally, I have several
book signings coming up - one in Greenville at Hastings on June 6, and another at the Waco Hastings on
June 20.  June 13, I will have copies at the big Indian Artifact Show in Temple, TX, and June 27, I'll have them
at my table for the Jim Bowie Days Indian Artifact Show in Bowie, TX.  But if you are too far away to come
pick up a signed copy in person, please consider buying one online.
   Last of all, pray for me in this venture.  I write for two reasons: One is unashamedly financial.  Twenty years
as a teacher in a small private school have left me with little savings, and I would like to be able to retire
before I am 80!  Secondly, though, is the far more important reason: I want to glorify God in my writing.
There are too many religiously themed books out there whose whole point is to discredit, debunk, and deny
the claims of Christianity.  I want to tell good stories, but I also want to get the truth out there about who Jesus
was and is.   Some of you here share my faith, some don't, and that's OK.  It's the very essence of freedom. But my
books are the best way for me to reach people.  Give a copy to your pastor, your professor, your parents, your
friend who has 5000 FaceBook friends!  Help me spread the word about my novels, and  you will have my eternal
thanks. 

Here is the direct Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Redemption-Pontius-Pilate-Lewis-Smith/dp/1632131404/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431985955&sr=8-1&keywords=THE+REDEMPTION+OF+PONTIUS+PILATE

You can get REDEMPTION in paperback or EBook format.

You can also get it from my publisher's website:

www.electiopublishing.com

and at

www.barnesandnoble.com .

Thanks for your friendship and support!

Lewis Smith

PS If you buy directly from my publisher, I get a bigger cut because we don't have to pay out 30% to a
third party distributor!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »

Congratulations, Lewis, on the publication of your book.  

Uhm, I read the Amazon blurb.  Wasn't Pilate assigned to Judea under Tiberius?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:34:34 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »

That's correct.  That should be what it says . . . however, he was sent there after a nasty dust-up with the teenage Caligula.

BTW, I would like to thank our own ER for my first Amazon review!

(She read the book as I was writing it last year, and then re-read it last month so it would be fresh on her mind
when she wrote the review.)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:36:37 PM »

That's correct.  That should be what it says . . . however, he was sent there after a nasty dust-up with the teenage Caligula.

BTW, I would like to thank our own ER for my first Amazon review!

(She read the book as I was writing it last year, and then re-read it last month so it would be fresh on her mind
when she wrote the review.)
Then why is that error in your book's synopsis? 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 06:39:54 AM »

I re-read it last night.

It doesn't say he was sent to Judea BY Caligula - Tiberius exiled him there after the encounter with Caligula.
When Tiberius died ten years later, and Caligula became Emperor (37 AD) Pilate became a fugitive.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »

I re-read it last night.

It doesn't say he was sent to Judea BY Caligula - Tiberius exiled him there after the encounter with Caligula.
When Tiberius died ten years later, and Caligula became Emperor (37 AD) Pilate became a fugitive.
Fair enough; it is merely implied in that synopsis.  Your book sounds fascinating. 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 05:30:05 PM »

I should have tinkered with that synopsis a bit more . . . I didn't mean it to be misleading.

I do hope you'll read the book, though.  Despite our ideological differences, I think you would find it very enjoyable!

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 10:19:35 PM »

I should have tinkered with that synopsis a bit more . . . I didn't mean it to be misleading.

I do hope you'll read the book, though.  Despite our ideological differences, I think you would find it very enjoyable!

We have "ideological differences"?

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 11:07:52 PM »

On occasion . . . . Lookingup TeddyR

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 10:47:03 PM »

On occasion . . . . Lookingup TeddyR
I guess at this late date I might surprise you.   Smile

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  IT'S HERE!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.