Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:24:25 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Dwayne "The Rock: Johson to star in Rampage movie. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dwayne "The Rock: Johson to star in Rampage movie.  (Read 4622 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: June 23, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »

http://deadline.com/2015/06/dwayne-johnson-rampage-new-line-san-andreas-midway-arcade-game-beau-flynn-1201452141/

Yep.  THAT Rampage.  The Rock is going to star in a film where a giant ape, lizard, and wolf-man cause havoc across the USA.

I figured if any announced video game movie was going to get lost in development limbo, it'd be this one.  Fortunately daikaiju are making a big (no pun intended) return to the movie screens.  And the Rock just adds more momentum to this film actually getting made.   

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »

I'm of two minds about this one, but mostly I think it'll wind up like two of Rocky's other defunct adaptation projects, Spy Hunter and Johnny Bravo. And hell, wasn't there a rumor he was going to play Duke Nukem as well?

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 08:11:09 PM »

I'm of two minds about this one, but mostly I think it'll wind up like two of Rocky's other defunct adaptation projects, Spy Hunter and Johnny Bravo. And hell, wasn't there a rumor he was going to play Duke Nukem as well?

And Namor: The Sub-Mariner, and The Punisher,  and probably a dozen other licensed characters

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Archivist

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 12:13:01 AM »

And Namor: The Sub-Mariner, and The Punisher,  and probably a dozen other licensed characters

This may sound a iittle odd, but I can't quite imagine Dwayne Johnson as The Punisher.  He's been in too many hero roles, and he is excellent as the 'baddish guy from the wrong side of the tracks doing good'.  I always imagine the Punisher as someone who is utterly driven by revenge and has no positive emotions, other than the eye-narrowing righteousness at the guilty being punished.  Dwayne Johnson actually has more depth as an actor than that.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »

I don't know what the rumor(s) is/are, but . . . it looks like he's going to be one busy actor from now till 2019. The only rumor I have seen is that he's suppose to play Jack Burton in next year's (2016) reboot of "Big Trouble in Little China," which is now in pre-production. The best piece of news out of that rumor is that Dwayne wants John Carpenter to come back as director, as both producer and star, Dwayne might have enough pull to have it happen.

He is also scheduled to play Black Adam in "Shazam," which is scheduled for release in 2019.

And I don't know how serious this is, but . . . someone has suggested Dwayne to play the title character in the Rambo series, which is unlikely to happen, as Sly is trying to reboot the series with another film which was suppose to start shooting last fall, this summer, this fall, who knows. He might do better with the TV series "Rambo : the TV Series."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:12:50 PM »

Is this the movie Uwe Boll was trying to make?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 02:43:19 PM »

As far as I can tell, the answer is not, but . . .?! Uwe is trying to make a film called "Rampage 3 : No Mercy," which is scheduled to be released in 2016, if it ever gets made, and it is a family affair, as his wife Natalie is the film's producer.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 07:42:58 PM »

Nope. Separate series. This would be the Rampage we're talking about:

! No longer available Small | Large

I'm actually surprised someone hasn't jumped on a film adaptation by now (like back when Godzilla '98 was in development or during the mid-'00s, when Hollywood was all about Res. Evil, Silent Hill, and Doom). 

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Dwayne "The Rock: Johson to star in Rampage movie. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.