Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:22:04 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Animation Budgets « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Animation Budgets  (Read 5662 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 30, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »

! No longer available Small | Large

Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 02:38:43 PM »

Question

What is this? One uses cheap cell-shaded CGI; the other uses cheap hand-drawn animation.

I prefer the hand drawn animation, even if the artists can't render scenes at 24fps within the time/budget allotted cell-shaded stuff just looks bad, like those old "cartoons" where they tried to make live action look like animation by running the film through some sort of high-contrast process.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 01:17:08 AM »

Beat this!

http://cdn.cizgifilmlerizle.com/cizgi/Space%20Angel/Space%20Angel%20Episode%2044%20-%20THE%20FUGITIVES%20-%20Watch%20Space%20Angel%20Episode%2044%20-%20THE%20FUGITIVES%20online%20in%20high%20quality.720p.mp4?st=603352LhaSlgwHUqU-l1Pg&e=1537956910

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 07:41:57 AM »

Ah, Cambria. Love the details they can get into their drawings. I don't mind a limited number of frames when each frame looks that good.

For all the flack they get there is some real animation in their productions, about as much as Crusader Rabbit:

Or Mr. Piper:

Or Mel-O-Tunes:

Get it? Cambria achieved basic parity with other 50's TV animation companies; they just found a way of doing lip-sync & FX animation which cost less than more traditional methods. Which, also, was what everyone else was trying to do.  Wink

Cambria did produce a cartoon based on the Three Stooges, which was more traditional:

I like it at the least. Then again, I like most of these cheap shorts.  BounceGiggle
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 12:24:26 PM »

Clutch Cargo was pretty f**king horrifying.

Did that skinny little 'Swampy' guy say "let me get my bums and titties straight" ?

Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:31:05 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pacman000
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 01:29:04 PM »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

Captain Pugwash Ran for about 30 episodes on the BBC in the 70's. A remake of an earlier TV cartoon. They didn't have time to use frame-by-frame animation, so they created a series of cardboard cutouts which they manipulated in real time. Works well-enough.

And, no, he didn't call that guy Master Bates: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/captain-pugwash-double-meanings/
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 01:54:56 PM »

Is clutch cargo related to race bannon?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 02:13:15 PM »

I read somewhere that Johnny Quest may have been created by someone who worked on Clutch Cargo, but I'm not sure if it was a good source.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Animation Budgets « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.