Main Menu

actors yiu are surprised didn't have better careers.

Started by Svengoolie 3, September 08, 2018, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

#15
Quote from: The Burgomaster on September 11, 2018, 04:34:37 PM
Eric Roberts - Great in several movies like STAR 80, RUNAWAY TRAIN and THE POPE OF GREENWICH VILLAGE. But later made a lot of junk.



Why do I always get Eric Roberts, Micheal Nouri, and Chris Sarandon all mixed up?
And I thought all 3 of those guys did a good job-Nouri in the HIDDEN (1987) and Sarandan in FRIGHT NIGHT (1985)
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite



I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

M.10rda

Paul Walker starred in one really good movie - 2006's RUNNING SCARED, w/ Vera Farmiga, who's awesome in that one. I always figured he was perfectly happy being in F/F movies and making lots of money from those and didn't care about doing much else.

But since I mentioned her - Vera Farmiga was so good in RUNNING SCARED and in THE DEPARTED, I'd really hoped she would become an A-list serious movie star/actress, like a Cate Blanchett. Like Paul Walker, I guess she was satisfied w/ all her Lorraine Warren money and didn't feel motivated to shoot higher.

Trevor

Quote from: M.10rda on Today at 10:22:48 AMPaul Walker starred in one really good movie - 2006's RUNNING SCARED, w/ Vera Farmiga, who's awesome in that one. I always figured he was perfectly happy being in F/F movies and making lots of money from those and didn't care about doing much else.

But since I mentioned her - Vera Farmiga was so good in RUNNING SCARED and in THE DEPARTED, I'd really hoped she would become an A-list serious movie star/actress, like a Cate Blanchett. Like Paul Walker, I guess she was satisfied w/ all her Lorraine Warren money and didn't feel motivated to shoot higher.

Paul also starred in a South African film called VEHICLE 19 which is pretty good with a bit of a crappy ending.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.