Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:14:03 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Short book reviews. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Short book reviews.  (Read 2934 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 18, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »

Been thinking about seeing how short (and accurately) I can write a review for any book I've read recently. Anyone else who want's to join in can do so, although the only guidelines are that you should try and get it down in a single sentence and just writing "Sucks", doesn't really work.

The Neverending Story: Goes on a bit.
Interview With The Vampire: Stick to the film.
The Meg: The book of Meg is better than the book of Jaws, but the movie of Jaws is better then the film of The Meg.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:07:39 PM »

Gone With the Wind: Like the wind it blew. (Actually it was great.)

The Picture of Dorian Gray: The eyes are not always the window to the soul, nor food the best way to a man's heart. Also, if he's prettier than you are, girls, beware, beware, beware.

Little House in the Big Woods: Be grateful you live in the f**king modern world.

War and Peace: Some wars have lasted longer.

The Bell Jar: Mellow out and go put something in the oven, Sylvia.

A Streetcar Named Desire: Tennessee Williams makes even nymphomania unfunny.

Sense and Sensibility: Austen's lifelong war on virginity begins.

The Shining: Maybe the old lady in the bathtub just needed a hug, huh?

The Pillars of the Earth: The go-to epic novel if you like your rape scenes erotic and your Medieval characters modern in outlook.

The Books of Blood: That's okay, I always wanted my mind twisted around.

The Wheel of Love: I had this 1960s short story collection by Joyce Carol Oates with me on March 15, 1995 and have always felt a fondness for it ever since.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: Gay sociopathic rich man kills bisexual boy toy, as told in part by a drag queen. Lots of Spanish moss, too.

Paw Patrol To The Rescue: Mother prays for temporary onset blindness every time child makes her read this.

My Prison Without Bars: How can you tell when Pete Rose is lying? His lips are moving. (Still, nobody ever played or will ever play baseball harder or with more spirit. We love you anyway, man.)

Animal Farm: All animals are equal but some taste better than others.

Twilight: Hundred-year-old undead virgin meets dream girl....loses it four books later.

Are You There God It's Me, Margaret: Shut the f**k up, b***h.

Oliver Twist: Little Dick and Master Bates help orphaned English lad on his pathway to criminality and high adventure.

The Gnostic Library: From the plains of Oklahoma to the sands of the Black Desert, the truth never lies, perfect love is all-encompassing, and we learn to never get between an armed woman and her man.

The Bridges of Madison County: An all-purpose PMS simulator. You know, in case you've ever wondered what it feels like, guys.

American Psycho: story It difference no makes order which in tell you this.

Cider House Rules: A gardener comes into his own.

Salem's Lot: Makes a great bedtime story for under-five year olds.

The Confessions of Augustine: It was just an apple, dude, just an apple.

The Iron Giant: I like shoving this book at feminists who say its author drove his wife to suicide, and ask how such a cool man could possibly have pushed his bats**t bride into the oven when she always had one foot in there anyway. Honestly, wouldn't you have cheated on Sylvia Plath? I mean wouldn't you? Really? Yeah.

Dubliners: If you love James Joyce, read this book. If you hate James Joyce, read this book. If you don't read this book I'm going to stomp on a goldfish.

The Great Gatsby: Sometimes the dreamer is the dream and sometimes the dream is an illusion....also Flappers give me the creeps and drinking gin outa somebody's shoe sounds like the pathway to a fungal infection when they didn't even have antibiotics yet.

The Bible: Spoiler alert, the main character dies.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Large sinister stranger stalks family to cottage on an island, makes delusional claims, seizes family firearm, leaves with boy.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:05:36 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »

The Bible: Evil, selfish megalomaniac creates flawed creatures, then tortures and torments them for being flawed.

Star wars: young farm boy, old wizard, rogue and forrest giant sneak into evil fortress,  rescue princess and defeat forces of evil. Magic swords are used.

On the beach: Everyone dies. Young George R. R.  Martin read and was heavily influenced by it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:16:08 PM »

The Bible: Evil, selfish megalomaniac creates flawed creatures, then tortures and torments them for being flawed.

Alex said books we've actually read, Sven.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »

THE HOBBIT:  Short person finds a ring and tricks a dragon to his death.
THE STAND:  Most people die, a few live on.
CHARLOTTE'S WEB: Literate spider inflates the reputation of average pig.
JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN: This book will make you want to slit your wrists.
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT: War is dumb.
UNBROKEN: Olympic athlete takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Then finds Jesus.
TEAM OF RIVALS: Lincoln kept his enemies close - and turned them into friends.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »

The Gnostic Library: From the plains of Oklahoma to the sands of the Black Desert, the truth never lies, perfect love is all-encompassing, and we learn to never get between an armed woman and her man.

I think this is the best one-sentence description I have read of any of my novels!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Short book reviews. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.