Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:10:51 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  George Strait? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: George Strait?  (Read 10814 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 04:52:55 PM »

^ that's another mindblower... bigger than Elvis  Buggedout

but at least I've actually heard of Garth Brooks
Top selling. 

Nobody will ever be bigger than Elvis. 

we all know that. but the point is you could concievably argue that he is. which is ridiculous I know, but the stats would back it up

likewise RC, of course there is little correlation between sales and 'quality'. that's another given...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 04:57:14 PM »

Well, if you never heard of George Strait- you ain't missing nothing!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Skittler
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 12:06:37 PM »

I mean George Strait doesn't exactly sell many records in the UK so it's understandable that you don't know him.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 12:17:38 PM »

Country is not my genre at all, but I have heard of George Strait.
I doubt I could name a song by him, though.

He tried his hand at acting once in this 1992 box office bomb that got "two thumbs down" from Siskel & Ebert:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105191/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 01:11:43 PM »

I mean George Strait doesn't exactly sell many records in the UK so it's understandable that you don't know him.
my music collection is full of american artists who didn't even sell many records in america, never mind the uk... so nope, I'm still mystified why I've never heard of him

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 01:20:35 PM »

my music collection is full of american artists who didn't even sell many records in america, never mind the uk... so nope, I'm still mystified why I've never heard of him
Because he sucks. Slim Whitman sold lotsa records too.  I reckon it's a matter of the dumbest buy the mostest. Or just music for people who just listen to music as background noise when they drive their car or sit in their cubicles. Or something.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:33:25 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »

Tiana is talking about all sortsa popular music that she listens to-I'm like a old man thinking-"What is this? And why?"

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 02:20:43 PM »

Because he sucks.

well I still haven't listened to him yet...

...but I'll take your word for it  TeddyR

316zombie
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 01:43:49 PM »

garth is actually a really nice man too. when he came here in 2015, the tour busses parked behind my restaurant and we catered for them, he came in and took pics with all of us and drank a beer with us. it was funny for me to see my coworker, a HUGE burlyman named greg, completely tongue tied and starstruck, lol! when garth came in the kitchen to ask for some of my ghost pepper oil wing sauce to take with him, i thought greg was gonna faint! i was honored to give him a pint, and the recipe for his wife trisha to make, and i gave them the ebay seller's name that i get my oils from, dan was SO excited that he got to make a sale to his hero!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2019, 10:12:17 AM »

Seeing geroge strait's name here forces me to think of a ww2 hero who was the sole survivor of his unit at midway. No disrespect intended and I know his last name had a different meaning back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._Gay_Jr.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Skittler
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 06:55:50 AM »

You're probably less likely to ever hear him compared to other America artist who have sold way less because traditional country is not very very prevalent in Europe. It's directed more towards a way of life/regional thing where as other genres have a more worldwide sensibility.. The only country artist that I could imagine getting much airtime in Europe would be a Garth Brooks or Georgia Florida Line because they have a more Contemporary country sound and have worldwide reach. I don't even believe George Strait releases in the UK at all, you probably couldn't even go to any record store and find one of his albums. You would have to proactively be searching for him to ever hear him anywhere.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2019, 05:44:39 PM »

ok sure...but if that's how it is, then to me what you've described there technically qualifies him as something of a niche artist. therefore I'm even more amazed that he's managed to sell more records than the ubiquitous, world famous Rolling Stones.

Skittler
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 09:31:01 PM »

He is a pretty niche artist but the south is populated with around 100 million people who eat that cowboy hat wearing country bumpkin stuff up. In his prime he would usually sell around 1-4 million albums in USA/Canada. After thirty studio albums and a 35+ year career I guess it added up.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 08:26:21 AM »

Oh, yeah, he did All My Exes Live in Texas one of the greatest songs ever, even if it was country. Heck, even I (sort of) have an ex in Texas.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  George Strait? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.