Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:25:57 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Harry Potter TV show. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harry Potter TV show.  (Read 3699 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 14, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »

Harry Potter TV Show In Development At Warner Bros.
By Matt Joseph @wgtc_site 2 weeks ago

It’s now been nearly eight years since the Harry Potter films took their final bow, and after the closure we got with 2011’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, it’s not exactly like there’s a big demand for Daniel Radcliffe to reprise his role in further sequels. Still, thanks to the ongoing Fantastic Beasts series, the Wizarding World has maintained a presence in pop culture in recent years, and according to sources close to We Got This Covered, there’s even more potential for the property to expand with further stories.

Apparently, Warner Bros. is in the very early stages of developing a Harry Potter TV show for their upcoming streaming service. From what we understand, this will be a prequel and take place mostly at Hogwarts and around parts of Europe. Plot details are being kept under lock and key, but so far, it’s expected to feature all new characters, with the only connections to the property being that it’s set in the same universe as the books were.

Unfortunately, that’s all we’ve got to go on for now and given how early on it is in the development process, we don’t imagine we’ll hear anything concrete for quite some time. Still, this can only be good news for Potter fans, who’ve been craving more of the Wizarding World after the somewhat underwhelming Fantastic Beasts series.

Speaking of which, the third entry in the spinoff franchise starring Eddie Redmayne as Magizoologist Newt Scamander has been delayed from its initial release date in November 2020 to November 2021. Filming is due to start next spring though, so we should learn a little more about it sooner rather than later.

And as for this planned Harry Potter TV series? Well, it’s certainly an intriguing prospect and makes sense for the studio to do, given that they’ll want their streaming service to be able to compete with Netflix, Disney Plus, etc., but given how it’s still early, early days, it’s hard to tell how it’ll pan out. As always, though, we’ll keep our ear to the ground and be sure to let you know once we receive further updates, so stay tuned.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 04:42:10 PM »

I am not surprised, as there is apparently an audience out there for something like this, as the book-film series has already spawned a British play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which is now playing on Broadway.

Streaming services seem to be the way to go, with . . .
CBS having CBS All-Access
NBC/Universal coming out with their own streaming service next year,
as is Warner/Turner with HBO Max
and Disney/ABC having both Disney+, which will roll out this year, and Hulu.

Indeed, there are over a baker's dozen of TV shows based on earlier films, scheduled to play on either Disney+ or Hulu, featuring not only Disney characters, both animated and live action, but also characters from Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel, and the Muppets.
316zombie
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 03:54:01 PM »

see, now, i have to disagree, i really like the fantastic beasts movies. what i'd LOVE to see though, is a crossover with the wizarding world and the world of miss peregrine's home for peculiar children, i have a great love for that too.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 04:19:56 PM »

Random fact for you. I have never been able to decide if I find Eva Green attractive or not.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:00:29 PM »

well... did you find shelley duvall attractive in her younger days? she resembles her in an odd way, i think curtis would probably crush on eva like he did shelley.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 03:14:40 PM »

The only thing I can think of her in would be The Shining and I'd have to say no there. I find Eva Green... interesting to look at I guess would be the way the describe it, rather than attractive.

316zombie
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 03:43:55 PM »

i totally get curtis's crush on sissy spacek, but not shelley. he developed both crushes after seeing them in " three women".
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Harry Potter TV show. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.