Main Menu

Thunderstorm Thread

Started by claws, July 25, 2019, 11:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allhallowsday

We kept the doors closed and the verticals drawn.  The heat wave had been the week before.  It was fine and only 2 nights. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

claws

Distant thunder and a bit of lightning for almost an hour. I'm waiting patiently for a storm to arrive, hopefully.

RCMerchant

Thunder is rocking my house right now at 1:15 in the morning. It's beautiful!
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

bob

I had some late last night -- the whole house shook shortly after I got to sleep
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Allhallowsday

The night after my sister-in-law died, I slept in her house to keep an eye on the animals.  I laid on the couch and covered my head with a sheet like I was in a morgue (though I also had stuffed tissues up my nostrils because of the stink).   Then, a thunderstorm came through.  I have never experienced such a loud, sudden, violent storm.  I always liked thunderstorms, but this one frightened me.  In that house, it was scary. 

ER

You guys ever play ambient recordings of thunderstorms? I sometimes have but I find it's not the same.

I've heard that when W.C. Fields was dying his friends, knowing he loved the rain, sprayed a hose on the roof and banged garbage can lids together to simulate a thundershower for him.  :bluesad:

Gee, when I'm on my deathbed I wonder if I can convince my friends I am into seeing bunches of fake pirate treasure maps released on helium balloons?
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: ER on September 12, 2019, 03:00:51 PM
You guys ever play ambient recordings of thunderstorms? ...
Yes; crickets and wind too. I agree it's not the same but useful for mixes intended to invoke a mood. 

RCMerchant

We got thunder rolling in right now.It's 2:47 in the morning.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

claws

Quote from: RCMerchant on September 13, 2019, 01:51:27 AM
We got thunder rolling in right now.It's 2:47 in the morning.

I love after midnight thunderstorms. The best are early morning storms. We haven't had one in a long time though.

RCMerchant

It's 10:33 in the morning now. It's dark and thundering.  :thumbup:
I love Michigan.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

claws

We just had a nice but way too short thunderstorm. Rainfall was intense for about 35 minutes, it was pouring like crazy. This was our second storm this week!

claws

09:55 pm here, another small thunderstorm at the moment.

claws

For the past two weeks we had rain almost every day and 2-3 thunderstorms each week. Loving it. Last night around midnight we had a thunderstorm and in between the thunder I heard nearby nesting storks clapping their shoebill. It was kind of strange and definitely a first time hearing this during a storm.

Allhallowsday

We have also had thunderstorms nearly every day for weeks, including right now. 

Rev. Powell

I try to swim every day between 5-6 PM, but we seem to either have a thunderstorm or the threat of a thunderstorm at that time every day this week, and last. Fingers crossed for today, though.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...